What exactly is different on a FE compared to any other Bronco?

vintage

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jun 9, 2020
NC
First Name
David
Last Name
Lanzi
The First Edition 4 Door can tow just over 3200 lbs per Ford. Because its under 3500LBS no tow package. Ford has released the part number for the hitch assembly for the 2021 Bronco. All FE's come with rock rails.
Does this mean we can order our FE's with the tow package from the factory ? Or will it be a dealer only installed option ?

Reactions: Broncofly

D190065

Rank V

Promoter III

Jul 2, 2020
Plant City, FL, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Ehrlich
Member #

As for the GOAT modes......oh boy......its confusing and I'll admit I don't have the exact answer but, as I've read over several versions of the modes, the FE get both Badlands rock crawling gears (4.7 gear ratios, that the Wildtrak does NOT get) and also the Baja mode from the Wildtrak. In reality I don't know if that technically means the FE gets those 7 modes your writing about but I do know the Wildtrak and Badlands are split as to one particular mode in each trim. Not sure if thats as clear as mud or if I even answered your question. Maybe someone else that actually knows can chime in. I'm writing based on previous discussions.......which by all accounts in that this question is coming up again......has been answered?! Maybe...... :LOL:

Regarding the rock rails.....NOT included. I think early on it was going to be but with the FE getting a bunch of odds and ins, its gone over the certified GVW and well......see yeah rock rails, roof rack and tow package! :(
@F-Spot When you compare models on Ford's website it brings up the comparison chart for all models, including GOAT modes. Basically the difference between FE and Wildtrak GOAT modes is FE gets rock crawling in place of Sport Mode, where WT gets Sport mode, not Rock Crawling.

Broncofly

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

The First Edition 4 Door can tow just over 3200 lbs per Ford. Because its under 3500LBS no tow package. Ford has released the part number for the hitch assembly for the 2021 Bronco. All FE's come with rock rails.
Does this mean we can order our FE's with the tow package from the factory ? Or will it be a dealer only installed option ?
It can NOT be ordered from the factory that way. Given however there is a part number, it can be purchased and installed after the fact. What I asked my dealer specifically is......are the 4 door FE’s prewired for the tow package? I would assume so as why have an additional wire loom without the prewiring?! I haven’t received confirmation one way or the other.

Broncofly

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

@F-Spot When you compare models on Ford's website it brings up the comparison chart for all models, including GOAT modes. Basically the difference between FE and Wildtrak GOAT modes is FE gets rock crawling in place of Sport Mode, where WT gets Sport mode, not Rock Crawling.

Someone with more info can post up.......however, unless that page has been updated, which I don't see a date on it(actually the link reads....REV 1.pdf)...... A LOT of the early Ford info on those printed flow charts and brooches have incorrect info. I maybe wrong but that looks like the printed info they released back in July last year and things have changed since then.:unsure:

Not saying your incorrect just that there's been a bunch written about this and it seems to come up over and over again....basically why I update the info on page one as info changes.

Reactions: D190065

D190065

Rank V

Promoter III

Jul 2, 2020
Plant City, FL, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Ehrlich
Member #

Someone with more info can post up.......however, unless that page has been updated, which I don't see a date on it(actually the link reads....REV 1.pdf)...... A LOT of the early Ford info on those printed flow charts and brooches have incorrect info. I maybe wrong but that looks like the printed info they released back in July last year and things have changed since then.:unsure:

Not saying your incorrect just that there's been a bunch written about this and it seems to come up over and over again....basically why I update the info on page one as info changes.
I most certainly agree, a lot of the info is outdated on the website. You would think Ford's marketing agent and webmaster would update some of the old outdated info. I mean it's been 7 months since launch and I am sure they have someone teleworking from home that can at least update the facts on the pages. Although I guess they have a year before new consumers can actually get their Bronco, so they have time. I myself ordered a FE and still have questions. Until then, it's all we got. :unsure:

Broncofly

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

Reactions: D190065

BroncoTerry

Rank V

Supporter III

Feb 23, 2021
Saint Augustine, FL, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
McGee
Member #

The pictures, back a ways, are interesting. I used to move my pop-up camper around using my riding mower. Being able to tow something involves more than power.

Broncofly

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

Updated some small bullet points on the first page.

I'm really, really, really, really.........and R E A L L Y not happy about this whole MIC hardtop nonsense for the FE. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Champion I

Jun 1, 2020
Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Bickle
Member #

Updated some small bullet points on the first page.

I'm really, really, really, really.........and R E A L L Y not happy about this whole MIC hardtop nonsense for the FE. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Ditto. I really fail to understand why Ford is only giving us ONE option. They could wire and plumb it for the hardtop and let us take delivery with a soft top. Then they could ship the dealers the hardtop later. I really don't want the MIC and don't want to have to sell the MIC, pay for the hardtop, and pay for the shipping of that hardtop!! Seems to me they could please us easily if they wanted to.

Broncofly

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

Ordered my FE.......the wait starts!

I am headed to the Portland Media Event on April 27th, will post up anything FE I find. Only new thing this week I came across, thats being reported this week, the Bull Bar will be redesigned so its not blocking the Bronco lettering (some call the current bull bar the "B and O Bar"). No pics on it yet.

Reactions: Rgwinn

Deepshag

Rank VI

Champion III

Jul 13, 2020
Campbell, CA
First Name
Shag
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

Ordered my FE.......the wait starts!

I am headed to the Portland Media Event on April 27th, will post up anything FE I find. Only new thing this week I came across, thats being reported this week, the Bull Bar will be redesigned so its not blocking the Bronco lettering (some call the current bull bar the "B and O Bar"). No pics on it yet.
Good to know about the brush guard - another piece we just ordered we will not know how it looks ???
Also - it appears with the metal rear bumper the hitch and wiring may be easier and less obtrusive to install than other vehicles. The Sport has the wring port go through the plastic etc.

1618170187038.png

Broncofly

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

Good to know about the brush guard - another piece we just ordered we will not know how it looks ???
Also - it appears with the metal rear bumper the hitch and wiring may be easier and less obtrusive to install than other vehicles. The Sport has the wring port go through the plastic etc.

View attachment 11445
That would be AWESOME! First mod is that tow hitch......I gotta tow some dirt bikes!

Reactions: Deepshag

Broncofly

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

Will FE have the hook and Molle system behind the seats ?
Great question! I was just looking over some YouTube videos of the FE and looks like a big NO. I wonder if its because of the LUX package......or maybe pre-production? Hmmmm........maybe someone else could answer this?