What exactly is different on a FE compared to any other Bronco?

alzito

Rank III

Champion III

Jan 13, 2021
Texas
First Name
Al
Last Name
Zito
Member #

Yep, pretty much. Remember that the primary goal in the design of this vehicle is off-road capability. Payload and towing and certain configurations are limited because of that. If it were optimized for towing, payload, and comfort it would not be nearly as capable on the trails.
Agreed, off road capability for all models! light towing for all models is part of off road capability. As you know this is the flagship and to see no towing and such a small payload for 4Dr FE is a problem. There is a weight problem possibly compounded with a COG issue. Cant even pull a small dirt bike trailer with this thing. I guess I need to hold the handlebar of the bike alongside the vehicle outside the window. Wrangler all 4 dr editions have 3500 lbs tow.

Reactions: Broncofly

vintage

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jun 9, 2020
NC
First Name
David
Last Name
Lanzi
Agreed, off road capability for all models! light towing for all models is part of off road capability. As you know this is the flagship and to see no towing and such a small payload for 4Dr FE is a problem. There is a weight problem possibly compounded with a COG issue. Cant even pull a small dirt bike trailer with this thing. I guess I need to hold the handlebar of the bike alongside the vehicle outside the window. Wrangler all 4 dr editions have 3500 lbs tow.
Sometimes you just need to push the boundaries. Won't be the first time someone exceeded their towing capacity. Lol
D8uuQaQgOn_gf8mm9ByaZryGRIBbx-Q-sWr-sqp7pZU34X0bfOV_xREJe1_JyKtNOG4h8tSj3NPEvVGvRI5MiYglAQ=w2400.jpg
maxresdefault (2).jpg

maxresdefault (3).jpg

Diveit81

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jul 14, 2020
Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Tyner
I was just doing research on this and came across a couple other features, possibly? The first edition is the only one being described as having a safari bar (what ever that is, no one seems to actually know). Also I was playing around in the Build and Price for a bad lands, and in there the option for floor mats shows rubber floor mats as being standard in first edition and option in all other models.

Buckin'

Rank V

Champion III

Jun 13, 2020
Wilmington, NC, USA
Member #

I was just doing research on this and came across a couple other features, possibly? The first edition is the only one being described as having a safari bar (what ever that is, no one seems to actually know).
That's the bull bar on the front bumper.

As for the mats, I'm not sure about other trims, but I believe the Badlands comes with carpet mats since it has a rubber floor.

TRAMFAM

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jan 28, 2021
Bartlesville, OK, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Morrison
I don’t remember if this topics been discussed or posted here so I figured I’d start it (just overlook my stupidity if it has).

What exactly is on a First Edition Bronco compared to any other Bronco model? (I’ll update the list as others post).

1. Limited to 7000
2. Hood and side graphics (black stripes with cutouts and some white accents).
3. First Edition Bronco badge on the interior (by shift knob).
4. A combination of 4x4 features from both Badlands (Heavy-Duty suspension, Stabilizer Bar disconnect, Rock-Crawl GOAT mode) and Wildtrak (Baja GOAT mode (Both features not on any other model)). (If anyone knows more, please post below)
5. Lightening Blue Paint only available as a FE model for 2021.(Thanks for the info TorqSurv)
6. Lux package as standard. (Thanks for the info TorqSurv)
7. Metal rear bumper. (Comparison photos posted a few threads below)
8. Navy Pier interior (originally the only option yet ironically available on Outerbanks), Now after Bronco fans expressed enough dislike Ford will offer a “Black Interior” option but is yet to be unveiled.
9. Full-vehicle under body protection bash plates (Thank you TorqSurv for the info).
10. Carpeted floor (No washout flooring). (Thank you DeepShag).
11. Modular Bumper WITH Bull Bar.

————The below items I wouldn’t exactly call positive features about the FE, but they’re included————

10. NO TOW PACKAGE (Yes, it’s a feature due to exceeding GVW:rolleyes:)
11. NO ROOF RAILS (Yes, it’s a feature due to exceeding GVW (again)....AND now it seems the roof rails are being redesigned for 2022o_O).
12. All FE will ONLY be available in 2021. (Early delivery with MIC hardtop or you can choose “Late Availability” with painted black hardtop. (You’ll get it just before the 2022 builds start).
13. Paying about $3000 more than a loaded Wildtrak (IMO the Wildtrak graphics are much better), PLUS with the Wildtrak you can get the Tow Package and Roof Rails:mad:
14. NO “Sport” GOAT mode, better for highway driving. (Thank you DeepShag).
15. Only 5 colors available to choose from. (Thank you DeepShag)
16. NO paint protection option. (Thank you DeepShag)
17. NO manual transmission. (Thank you DeepShag)
18. NO running board option. (Thank you DeepShag)
19. Fixed low (no option) Axle ratio. (Thank you DeepShag)
20. Free coffee in a Yeti cup included.....is a HIGHLY contested topic!:unsure::LOL: (Thank you Buckin’ and DeepShag)

*******Last point to add about the FE. It's a combination of different Bronco model bits and bobs that may or may not ever be put together again as a current model Bronco. It doesn't mean Ford won't do this combination after 2022 or when it revises the next version of the Bronco, it just means it is as it sits......its a unique Bronco model unlike any other.*********

Please continue adding to this list if you have additional knowledge. Also, can someone please explain to me the mechanical 4x4 features that was originally going to be on the FE that combined features of the Badlands and Wildtrak because I’m still unclear what exactly those are?!
Couple of quick questions...Ford's site states FE is limited to 3,500 and above on #1 says 7,000. #4 is also confusing as the GOAT modes appear to be identical to the Badlands and Wildtrak has Sport which someone else pointed out. I think it is unique in that the FE has the Wildtrak suspension but with the badlands GOAT modes...confusing.

I am looking at the pdf model comparison brochure online...we have an FE reservation but thinking about switching to a Wildtrak for color selection and ability to have trailer hitch / wiring...I see above the thoughts are the FE can not have tow b/c weight rating but you can build a WT with the same options and add the hitch?
Pdf Comparison

Broncofly

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

Couple of quick questions...Ford's site states FE is limited to 3,500 and above on #1 says 7,000. #4 is also confusing as the GOAT modes appear to be identical to the Badlands and Wildtrak has Sport which someone else pointed out. I think it is unique in that the FE has the Wildtrak suspension but with the badlands GOAT modes...confusing.

I am looking at the pdf model comparison brochure online...we have an FE reservation but thinking about switching to a Wildtrak for color selection and ability to have trailer hitch / wiring...I see above the thoughts are the FE can not have tow b/c weight rating but you can build a WT with the same options and add the hitch?
Pdf Comparison
7000, it’s on Fords website. The allocations were doubled from 3500 within a week or so from the July Launch. There is speculation as to why the allocation changed but the general thinking was it was due to server/computer issues from the flood of orders coming in from the launch window opening. My own personal story, It took me about 2-3hrs of constantly trying to place a reservation for a Bronco and even then the servers were CHUGGING so badly that every screen was a 10-30sec wait before something else loaded. I was sure my credit card was being intercepted by hackers.:ROFLMAO: I was actually surprised to know by the next day I had officially reserved a FE. Others have similar stories. As mentioned before, the follow up week had Ford send out an update stating they were doubling the allocation from 3500 to 7000. There was even talk it could go to 10,000 but that didn’t pan out.

About your question about GOAT mods on FE......I’m as confused as you are. I’ve read several conflicting items stating that it’s got both Wiltrak and Badlands 4x4 modes but exactly what those are......:unsure: I dunno. What’s posted above comes from others here that have replied with information regarding the options. I personally don’t know and it’s why I started this thread because there seems to be some conflicting information out there so I thought others might find it helpful to have some of the info in one place.

As to your third question, a lot of the Bronco brochures and charts have some errors. A lot is being corrected and I’m sure as we get further into the Bronco Blackhole things will become clearer.

Buckin'

Rank V

Champion III

Jun 13, 2020
Wilmington, NC, USA
Member #

Pretty sure FE has all GOAT modes. Look at it as either Badlands + Sport or Wildtrak + Rock Crawl.

I gave up my FE for a Badlands but I'd love it if there was a way to add Sport mode but not at the expense of losing another mode. It'd be nice to have them all and hopefully eventually there's a way to add a mode via software.

BigTex22

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jul 13, 2020
Lantana, TX, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Fitzgerald
My dealer told me on Monday that they’ve been getting tons of cancelations since the original orders went in. Some got tired of waiting, bought other vehicles, or would rather wait and get a Warthog.

TRAMFAM

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jan 28, 2021
Bartlesville, OK, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Morrison
My dealer told me on Monday that they’ve been getting tons of cancelations since the original orders went in. Some got tired of waiting, bought other vehicles, or would rather wait and get a Warthog.
Is the Warthog for real? I also own a 2020 Raptor and every single year there is a large thread b/c everyone believes a big V8 and folks are convinced it is happening and year after year it does not...everything I had read about the Warthog reminded me of the Raptor V8 information.

Broncofly, thanks for starting this and your reply...

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Is the Warthog for real? I also own a 2020 Raptor and every single year there is a large thread b/c everyone believes a big V8 and folks are convinced it is happening and year after year it does not...everything I had read about the Warthog reminded me of the Raptor V8 information.

Actually, both are real. Ford has already confirmed the Warthog and there have been quite a few pictures or it with camo on. Also the reveal of the new Raptor with the SC V8 is Feb. 3rd.

Broncofly

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

The Warthog is real, a couple threads here (Bronco Nation) on it......or should I say, a couple threads with (photos and videos) test mules driving around/testing. Officially it’s not been announced but highly speculated. Will it have a V8.....nobody knows for sure. There’s even a TFLcar video of them spotting one driving on the freeway outside Colorado. Again, as for a V8, it’s highly speculated but a very good chance if a Raptor gets it, they’ll squeeze it into a Bronco. Time will tell. :unsure:

No problem, you are welcome.(y)

vintage

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jun 9, 2020
NC
First Name
David
Last Name
Lanzi
I thought Ford was predicting around a 75% turn over rate. I've heard only a few members dropping out because the need for vehicle. Maybe out in the masses alot more folks have gone in different directions. They might be looking at a 50% or less turn over between the delays and the fact that some won't see their Bronco until 2022. It will be interesting to see the final numbers. I guess we'll have to wait until March the deadline to know the actual percentage.

TRAMFAM

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jan 28, 2021
Bartlesville, OK, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Morrison
I personally know of two folks that reserved the FE and went with Wildtrak because of color limitations on the FE. We are all set to order and pretty sure sticking with the FE but wish I could get Gray but quarantined because of close contact with COVID positive person.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

I personally know of two folks that reserved the FE and went with Wildtrak because of color limitations on the FE. We are all set to order and pretty sure sticking with the FE but wish I could get Gray but quarantined because of close contact with COVID positive person.
Good luck! I hope you are clear. :)

F-Spot

Rank 0

Advocate I

Feb 7, 2021
SoCal
First Name
mike
Last Name
k
Regarding G.O.A.T. modes...I was just looking on Ford's website, and it shows 7 modes for both the Wildtrack and the FE. I guess that means one of the 7 modes are different between the 2, or are you guys saying the Wildtrack actually has an 8th mode?

Edit to above: nvmd...I just looked on the comparison chart and see that they both differ in one of their 7 GOAT modes.

Also, on Ford's FE info page, the Rock Rails are listed as standard, but when you go to the configure/order page, it is a $595 option for the 4-door. The comparison chart also lists the rock rails as standard on the FE.

Last edited:

Broncofly

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

Regarding G.O.A.T. modes...I was just looking on Ford's website, and it shows 7 modes for both the Wildtrack and the FE. I guess that means one of the 7 modes are different between the 2, or are you guys saying the Wildtrack actually has an 8th mode?

Edit to above: nvmd...I just looked on the comparison chart and see that they both differ in one of their 7 GOAT modes.

Also, on Ford's FE info page, the Rock Rails are listed as standard, but when you go to the configure/order page, it is a $595 option for the 4-door. The comparison chart also lists the rock rails as standard on the FE.
As for the GOAT modes......oh boy......its confusing and I'll admit I don't have the exact answer but, as I've read over several versions of the modes, the FE get both Badlands rock crawling gears (4.7 gear ratios, that the Wildtrak does NOT get) and also the Baja mode from the Wildtrak. In reality I don't know if that technically means the FE gets those 7 modes your writing about but I do know the Wildtrak and Badlands are split as to one particular mode in each trim. Not sure if thats as clear as mud or if I even answered your question. Maybe someone else that actually knows can chime in. I'm writing based on previous discussions.......which by all accounts in that this question is coming up again......has been answered?! Maybe...... :LOL:

Regarding the rock rails.....NOT included. I think early on it was going to be but with the FE getting a bunch of odds and ins, its gone over the certified GVW and well......see yeah rock rails, roof rack and tow package! :(

Broncofly

Rank V

Champion I

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

The First Edition 4 Door can tow just over 3200 lbs per Ford. Because its under 3500LBS no tow package. Ford has released the part number for the hitch assembly for the 2021 Bronco. All FE's come with rock rails.
I will update the first page with that info. Cool......thank you! (y)