Champion I

Jul 22, 2020
Brooksville, FL 34601, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Well, prepping to do something, if this counts. Bought the Badland 12k winch with synthetic rope.....excited to start this install!
Well, looks like we are on the same page!

Got the RC winch and hidden plate system!

Attachments

Tippster

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Nov 2, 2020
Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Tiesi
Member #

Made myself an alternative way to mount the ACC sensor outside the grill so it would actually work. These brackets bumper companies are sending to mount it behind the grill are useless. While this is home made and not super elegant, it at least does work perfectly. I will be working on a few other ideas to fancy it up here in next week or so, but if you do need to relocate this sensor, this does work well

Attachments

JoergH

Rank VI

Champion II

Apr 21, 2021
Saugus, Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Joerg
Last Name
Hallbauer
Member #

Made myself an alternative way to mount the ACC sensor outside the grill so it would actually work. These brackets bumper companies are sending to mount it behind the grill are useless. While this is home made and not super elegant, it at least does work perfectly. I will be working on a few other ideas to fancy it up here in next week or so, but if you do need to relocate this sensor, this does work well
That's great! I didn't realize that the sensor was that large! What winch number did you end up using? Does it interfere with the front camera?

Reactions: Rjcook

Tippster

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Nov 2, 2020
Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Tiesi
Member #

That's great! I didn't realize that the sensor was that large! What winch number did you end up using? Does it interfere with the front camera?
I have the Badlands 12,000 lb winch - the controller box is mounted under the hood - it fits in there - but not without a fight - it clears by literally a couple of MM's. The Sensor is a very odd shape - and will not fit in a standard 4x4 electrical box - I used a Canadian weather proof box - and after some modifications to it - made it work - but it is larger than you would think it would be - and its not flat either - its a very odd shaped sensor.

Reactions: adcam and Rjcook

JoergH

Rank VI

Champion II

Apr 21, 2021
Saugus, Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Joerg
Last Name
Hallbauer
Member #

I have the Badlands 12,000 lb winch - the controller box is mounted under the hood - it fits in there - but not without a fight - it clears by literally a couple of MM's. The Sensor is a very odd shape - and will not fit in a standard 4x4 electrical box - I used a Canadian weather proof box - and after some modifications to it - made it work - but it is larger than you would think it would be - and its not flat either - its a very odd shaped sensor.
Thanks for the response! But I typo-ed my question. I meant to ask what bumper you used, and if the front camera still works? I'm looking for a setup that will allow me to continue to use the front camera as well as the ACC on my Badlands LUX.

Tippster

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Nov 2, 2020
Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Tiesi
Member #

Thanks for the response! But I typo-ed my question. I meant to ask what bumper you used, and if the front camera still works? I'm looking for a setup that will allow me to continue to use the front camera as well as the ACC on my Badlands LUX.
I have badlands and lux and camera not impacted. I have the Bay Area Metal Fab bumper in those photos with no issues. Have a friend handy, it’s a heavy SOB but it bolts right up with zero issues other than the sensor location with their bracket does not function properly. Their bracket is super well made, and comes with the bumper, but placement renders the sensor useless. I stared at this for two weeks and where I landed with my home made box so far was the only way to make it function with a winch bumper.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

I just added up all the things I have added to my 2021 Badlands since last August and it comes in just shy of 10k. And what I still need to complete my vision is another 10k.
Yeah, I learned a long time ago that you never add up past receipts. It can spoil the fun you had researching them, buying them, putting them on and then using them.
The money I've spent on hobbies is unbelievable, but the friends I've made and the enjoyment I've had makes it worth it. :)

Rjcook

Rank IV

Supporter II

Jan 28, 2022
Alabama Crimson Tide, Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Cook
Member #

Yeah, I learned a long time ago that you never add up past receipts. It can spoil the fun you had researching them, buying them, putting them on and then using them.
The money I've spent on hobbies is unbelievable, but the friends I've made and the enjoyment I've had makes it worth it. :)
You got that right