Has anyone experienced this?

austin3070
Jun 06, 2023

Rank 0

Jun 06, 2023

Yesterday I notice this on my console around my cupholders. I have literally only had my phone or a yeti cup in either of the holders. I am using a apple usb-c charging cable. The only thing that put my finger on what happened here is that the usb-c cable got hot? Can anyone else crack the code or offer any suggestions? There was no marks on the cable.
Griffinftw, EvlNvrDys
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 06, 2023

Gladesmen

Jun 06, 2023

Dang that is crazy I know when I use the CarPlay my phone gets super hot. Don’t know if it happens when I plug it in I never get to use the cord because my wife is always using it.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Roughstock11

On Pilgrimage

Jun 06, 2023

Certainly heat-related, but can’t imagine a cable getting so hot and not showing damage itself…. Following
Riding OB1, 23 4- door Outer Banks, SAS, MOD, MIC, Lux, Ordered 10/20/22, delivered 1/13/23
Rydfree, Roughstock11

Rank V

Jun 06, 2023

You park near any tall buildings with glass exterior? I know in London there was a building that was melting dash boards at a particular time of the year.
Four door Badlands, 2.7, Lux, Area 51, Leather, Sasquatch, Mic Top.
Deano Bronc

O-===-O BRONCO, Trail Rated is standard

Jun 06, 2023

Yesterday I notice this on my console around my cupholders. I have literally only had my phone or a yeti cup in either of the holders. I am using a apple usb-c charging cable. The only thing that put my finger on what happened here is that the usb-c cable got hot? Can anyone else crack the code or offer any suggestions? There was no marks on the cable.
Apple does make the absolute worst cords of any kind and the seem to be designed to self destruct, my guess is the cord got super hot and marked the plastic

Friendly Neighborhood Sasquatch

Jun 07, 2023

Even if you don’t have AppleCare, you should call AppleCare and report this. I’m pretty sure it’s something they’d be interested in investigating.

Rank II

Jun 07, 2023

Certainly heat-related, but can’t imagine a cable getting so hot and not showing damage itself…. Following
Agreed, the heat needed to melt that plastic piece would have burnt/smoked the cable first, and possibly damage your device.

Could it possibly be plastic dents ? From something hitting it?
timhood

Rank IV

Jun 08, 2023

That does look suspiciously like it was caused by a hot cable. I have notice my phone gets really hot when charging as well, but I haven't noticed the cable being hot.
Bronco Raptor, Focus RS, F-350 Centurion, Ranger on 35s