What’s up with the Winch Ordering?

BroncoSarge
Mar 15, 2021

Rank V

Mar 15, 2021

My wife and I have spoke to 3 dealers and done orders. The dealers can’t find the winch on their buil
Badlands / 4-Door / Anit-Matter Blue / 2.7 / MGV / High Package / Sasquatch Package
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2021

Libations MOD

Mar 15, 2021

My wife and I have spoke to 3 dealers and done orders. The dealers can’t find the winch on their buil
Because none of the accessory catalog is available or in the dealer systems till it's officially released around May.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Shadowblade, JJACK502

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Mar 15, 2021

Because none of the accessory catalog is available or in the dealer systems till it's officially released around May.
yeah May 2023... :p
Shadowblade, Deano Bronc

Libations MOD

Mar 15, 2021

yeah May 2023... :p
You mean "**See aftermarket companies"
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Shadowblade, SlashRacer

Rank 0

Mar 19, 2021

Yeah I had the same experience. It’s concerning because Ford has promoted a DIO program (Dealer Installed Options) which allows bronco buyers to finance optional equipment installed at dealership and, most importantly, Ford pays the labor. I thought I read the option had to be a part of the original Bronco order. Gotta believe Ford will revisit DIO program around May... hopefully. I know I want to add several items including the Winch. Enjoy your new bronco!
Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Mar 19, 2021

I completed my order today. I was concerned because the Order Preview document my dealer sent me to sign did not include the winch that I added during build and price. I was told that it wasn’t available yet but I could either finance it with the Bronco when it arrives or buy separately and install myself.
Shadowblade, GrayGhostDog

Rank I

Mar 20, 2021

I completed my order today. I was concerned because the Order Preview document my dealer sent me to sign did not include the winch that I added during build and price. I was told that it wasn’t available yet but I could either finance it with the Bronco when it arrives or buy separately and install myself.

I completed my order today, as well. I'm being told that winch/winch solution is a DIO. Once I know that the vehicle is scheduled to be built, I'll purchase any accessories, including the winch solution, and have the ones that require installation to be installed by the dealer.
Final Order:: Badlands | Cactus Gray | 4 Door | 2.7 | Sasquatch | Lux | Leather | MIC | Tow | Keyless Pad | Block Heater
Gutter Clown, Dang that’s sharp

Rank VI

Mar 20, 2021

I completed my order today, as well. I'm being told that winch/winch solution is a DIO. Once I know that the vehicle is scheduled to be built, I'll purchase any accessories, including the winch solution, and have the ones that require installation to be installed by the dealer.
What is "DIO"
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches

Moab or bust!!!

Mar 20, 2021

What is "DIO"
I believe it is Dealer Installed Option.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Mar 20, 2021

I believe it is Dealer Installed Option.
That makes sense. Thanks
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Mar 20, 2021

Had the same experience with mine. Several options will be ordered in May/June it sounds like and they will be installing them instead of the Factory. They did mention that they will be installing them at a reduced cost due to the Factory is supposed to be installing them, but cannot at this time. Sounds like Ford is working out deals to pay them for the install, so we don’t have to cover the cost completely. That said, I think I’m going to DIY most of the options now. I will still order some Ford OEM parts like the hitch and roof rails, but I think I might only have the hitch installed by the dealer.
Bronco Nation Member #2396
Ordered: First Edition w/Area 51, Onyx Interior, MIC Top
If you're not in a Ford Bronco, you better be on horseback.
ATC Enthusiast, TK1215

Rank IV

Mar 22, 2021

What is "DIO"
This is Dio

:ROFLMAO:
Deano Bronc, bmclain

Rank 0

Mar 22, 2021

When I ordered my WT my dealer added the HD Modular front bumper which is needed for the winch, again like everyone else was told that the winch would be added when my Bronco arrived at the dealership. But in no way did my dealer ever say that Ford would off set the cost of installing any dealer add-ons.

The dealership that I'm using is a small dealership that's been in business for 55 years and I deal with the owner directly, he told me this is vary unusual in all the years selling Ford vehicles the way Ford has launched the Bronco, he does not know if Ford will reimburse him for dealer add-ons yet, so just be aware that this cost may come out of our pockets.
GrayGhostDog, ATC Enthusiast