This issue has got me lost! :/

Bronc95
Nov 29, 2020

Rank 0

Nov 29, 2020

My E4OD has been having a few issues. Starting around three months ago, my 1995 Bronco was able to reverse with no issue but was unable to drive forward. When sifting through the gears it loads down (drops in rpm), but does not move. I have dropped the transmission pan to see if the filter came loose for some reason but that was not true.

When in drive, it will lurch forward like it has a bite and it will slowly limp forward. It does not sit in place and rev like crazy

The transmission was taken care of all its life, it has no issues in reverse. Any tips or assistance would be greatly appreciated! I have a video I can send but it doesn't post on here... I can send it if it would help.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2020

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Nov 29, 2020

Wild guess here, and it seems too obvious, but have you checked the ujoints on the driveshaft? Maybe they're partially broken and binding up in forward gear but freeing up in reverse?

Rank 0

Feb 06, 2021

My 94 did all kinds of crazy stuff at one point. Ended up being the MLPS switch on the trans. I bought a new ford part and if I remember correctly, there was some repairs to the harness at the plug.
Definitely worth some investigating.

Rank 0

Feb 26, 2021

Unplug the main transmission control - the truck should default to 2nd or 3rd gear ( can't recall exactly ) and you should be able to drive it - this removes all the electronics and solenoids from the mix. Try driving it then, if you get the truck to respond well then I would recommend replacing the solenoid pack. Around 200 bucks.

LMK - I had mine fully rebuilt and bulletproofed about 3 months after C19 dropped - I had major issues and overheated it several times - so it was time for me to bite the bullet.

Cheers!
TorgSurv