Bronco Warthog/Raptor "In the Wild"

YukonCornelius
Sep 09, 2020

Rank VI

Sep 09, 2020

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/ent...co-raptor-out-testing-in-the-wild/ar-BB18RgUw
Okay folks... in a dilemma here. How many would consider cancelling their reservations to wait an extra year for the Raptor/Warthog version? If the proportions, stance, symmetry of the Raptor version look anything even close to this, I want one! What I don't want is to buy a first year, have it depreciate (even at a low 20% given it's first year demand) and then get this. Even currently, I'm on the rocks with the Bronco and F-150 Raptor so I know this is exactly what I really want (just don't want to wait!)

So, would anyone else consider dropping their reservation for a first year (or even First Edition) on a hold out that someday soon Ford will release this? It's just dang it, timing stinks! We're still seeing regular Broncos in Camo and this is right around the corner? Come on Ford... Talk about your high school tease! :mad:
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 09, 2020

Rank IV

Sep 12, 2020

Well, given that it's going to eclipse the First Edition in price, I don't see myself being able to afford one unless I win the lottery lol, so no I won't be waiting.
Deano Bronc

Moab or bust!!!

Sep 12, 2020

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/ent...co-raptor-out-testing-in-the-wild/ar-BB18RgUw
Okay folks... in a dilemma here. How many would consider cancelling their reservations to wait an extra year for the Raptor/Warthog version? If the proportions, stance, symmetry of the Raptor version look anything even close to this, I want one! What I don't want is to buy a first year, have it depreciate (even at a low 20% given it's first year demand) and then get this. Even currently, I'm on the rocks with the Bronco and F-150 Raptor so I know this is exactly what I really want (just don't want to wait!)

So, would anyone else consider dropping their reservation for a first year (or even First Edition) on a hold out that someday soon Ford will release this? It's just dang it, timing stinks! We're still seeing regular Broncos in Camo and this is right around the corner? Come on Ford... Talk about your high school tease! :mad:
If I thought I had the budget for it, I would definitely consider waiting. I'm sure it is going to be a pretty badass Bronco. If I wasn't planning on doing any off-roading, then I would consider a 2 yr lease. By the time the lease is over, the Warthog would be available. Its just another option to think about.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank VI

Sep 12, 2020

I am glad to read how I am not the only one considering the Bronco Raptor. I love my F150 and spend hours each week on highways driving to camp sites in northern Maine. (My off road driving in northern Maine is limited by my F150. That is the problem I hope the Bronco will solve.) The highways have a 70mph limit and I find myself comfortably driving at 75mph. Will the Bronco be as enjoyable to drive on the highway at speeds of 70+ mph? Will a Bronco Raptor be any better? I have other considerations which give me a reason to pause. I keep asking myself, what are you buying? I guess I need independent analysis of performance on and off paved roads to answer my question since it appears test driving a Bronco may be unattainable.
Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Sep 12, 2020

I certainly wouldn't. The price would be absurd and there really is no point in a vehicle shaped like a box with 11" of clearance. :)
SandboxGeneral

Sep 12, 2020

I am glad to read how I am not the only one considering the Bronco Raptor. I love my F150 and spend hours each week on highways driving to camp sites in northern Maine. (My off road driving in northern Maine is limited by my F150. That is the problem I hope the Bronco will solve.) The highways have a 70mph limit and I find myself comfortably driving at 75mph. Will the Bronco be as enjoyable to drive on the highway at speeds of 70+ mph? Will a Bronco Raptor be any better? I have other considerations which give me a reason to pause. I keep asking myself, what are you buying? I guess I need independent analysis of performance on and off paved roads to answer my question since it appears test driving a Bronco may be unattainable.
Would an F-150 Raptor be a good fit for your needs?
Deano Bronc, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Sep 12, 2020

Would an F-150 Raptor be a good fit for your needs?

It might be. I have not spent any time thinking about an F150 Raptor. Like many of us, I love the Bronco design. Perhaps I have entered a phase where independent analysis of performance is needed on the Bronco before I move on to analyze a different vehicle.
YukonCornelius, Deano Bronc
SandboxGeneral

Sep 12, 2020

It might be. I have not spent any time thinking about an F150 Raptor. Like many of us, I love the Bronco design. Perhaps I have entered a phase where independent analysis of performance is needed on the Bronco before I move on to analyze a different vehicle.
Either way, a Raptor version vehicle is going to be really expensive. Even 4 and 5 year old F-150 Raptors are still expensive as they hold their value really well. But like you said, a good analysis of performance and your use case will yield you the best choice.
YukonCornelius, BuzzyBud