WEIRD THING HAPPENED IN JOSHUA TREE (KEY FOB WOULDN'T WORK)

CaliKAP
Feb 06, 2022

Rank V

Feb 06, 2022

Hi, Bronco Nation -

Took the Lil Dude to Joshua Tree this weekend and we were up at one of the highest vantage points, we had locked the vehicle to stretch our legs a bit. There were gusty, cold winds and when we tried to get back into the vehicle - the key fob wasn't engaging. It was the weirdest thing. It finally did open (I tried to open it with Ford Pass but knew it wasn't work because Joshua Tree is a dead zone in the park) but we had to stand right in front of the rig, up against the grill basically.

Anyone else experience anything like this? I think it was the wind interfering with the signal being able to bounce to the right spot my husband thinks it was the cold. I don't necessarily think it was the cold (it was likely about 45 degrees out) and we have been in colder weather and not had the same issue.

Here's an obligatory shot of the Lil Dude and can't wait to hear what you all think...

1644184101992.png
k@p

2021|Black Diamond | Cactus Grey | Manual Transmission | Soft Top (No Regrets) | Reserved 7/14/2020 | Delivered 10/8/2021
Deano Bronc, Bschurr
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 06, 2022

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Feb 06, 2022

are you saying pushing the unlock button on the fob wouldn't open the doors?

Rank V

Feb 06, 2022

are you saying pushing the unlock button on the fob wouldn't open the doors?

Yes, sorry - I should have been more clear. Yes.
k@p

2021|Black Diamond | Cactus Grey | Manual Transmission | Soft Top (No Regrets) | Reserved 7/14/2020 | Delivered 10/8/2021

Life is a Highway

Feb 06, 2022

I have had it on my 19 Mustang my daughter on her Toyota and my Daughter in-law wither Mazda. Key please

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Feb 06, 2022

no problem I just wanted to make sure I understood there is a physical key in side your fob and you can unlock your door manually then if your Bronco won't recognize the fob to start in side the center console there is a outline of the fob you can set it there and it should be able to recognize and start16441868496391654223637379411998.jpg
Deano Bronc, NT AUTOMOTIVE

Rank V

Feb 06, 2022

We took our bronco to JT few months back and locked it to go explore skull rock area. Thankfully no issues with unlocking when we returned. Very strange yours did this. I'd replace the fob battery.

Yes, other member said it best. You have a physical key in the fob to unlock driver door and spot in bottom of center console to set the fob to help start bronco if fob battery ever dies.
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
CaliKAP, Cornwelltoolman

No Ragerts

Feb 06, 2022

That’s odd. I haven’t driven my Bronco in over 2 weeks and earlier today I tried to use the FordPass app to start it and I received a message that indicated the vehicle was in deep sleep mode and remote start isn’t available but it started anyway. I then tried to use the fob to auto start & it didn’t work. Later I went outside, hopped in & hit the start button & she fired right up. App now works, fob works - all good. I would just chalk it up to electrical gremlins!

BTW - it’s odd that your fob didn’t unlock the car once in proximity. And take solace in the fact the fob has a key blade & you can always open the vehicle via the lock, old school style.
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
CaliKAP