We dodged a bullet

Bronclahoma
Apr 01, 2021

Rank III

Apr 01, 2021

Just heard on the business news that Ford has cut production in six North American plants due to chip shortages. Of course, I wondered if the Saltillo plant was affected. Found this article and it appears there are no cuts to the BS plant.

Ford slashes vehicle production at six plants in North America due to chip shortage (cnbc.com)
Rgwinn, ATC Enthusiast
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 01, 2021

Rank V

Apr 01, 2021

Oh great! We are waiting long enough as it is!:mad:
4 Door Badlands: Carbonized Gray, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Towing Package, 35" Tires ETC
Gunninja1, 14U
OBXBroncoGuy

Apr 01, 2021

yes, I read the same story elsewhere, but no mention of the Broncos being affected. I did ask about it in another section but nobody said if the chip has/will affect it
Gunninja1, Bronclahoma

Rank 0

Apr 01, 2021

My BS BL got shipped out today. Thank goodness, I've been patient long enough.
Gunninja1, Bronc96

Rank III

Apr 02, 2021

My BS BL got shipped out today. Thank goodness, I've been patient long enough.
Congrats! People have been waiting a long time. No doubt some are losing their enthusiasm. Ford can't afford these supply chain interruptions, losing customers and have adjusted their earnings forecast down by $1billion. I'm still not happy they chose to build BS in Mexico. The recalls were result of sloppy line workers. I'm seeing reports of other quality issues in door stampings, glass and scratched trim.
BuzzyBud, Bronc96

Rank 0

Apr 02, 2021

Congrats! People have been waiting a long time. No doubt some are losing their enthusiasm. Ford can't afford these supply chain interruptions, losing customers and have adjusted their earnings forecast down by $1billion. I'm still not happy they chose to build BS in Mexico. The recalls were result of sloppy line workers. I'm seeing reports of other quality issues in door stampings, glass and scratched trim.
I have seen those complaints. I do know I want mine badly but not bad enough to accept visible quality issues when it gets here. I am paying over 40 grand for this it better be perfect or close to. lol
Mblmr_chick, Bronclahoma

Rank IV

Apr 03, 2021

I have seen those complaints. I do know I want mine badly but not bad enough to accept visible quality issues when it gets here. I am paying over 40 grand for this it better be perfect or close to. lol

Nothing less than perfect when you buy a brand new car. The culture should not change for car buyers. Buying used is one thing. Build it right or don’t build it at all. A lot of American brands have had build quality issues. Jeep has been sending brand new vehicles with hoods and doors not aligned. I’m sorry but the price of that “pos” isn’t less if you make it look like shit. It might be smart to wait until COVID is over because they’re rushing vehicles out and not inspecting them properly.
j_4260

Rank V

Apr 03, 2021

The ignorance people have about manufacturing, then trying to create substitute reasonings, creates myths.
BroncoinIdaho77, Rgwinn

Rank 0

Apr 10, 2021

I just heard that Ford will cut off orders in six days of the 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands for the year and all option packages for Big Bend and Outer Banks, etc. as of 4/15/21 due to lack of parts availability.
Bronclahoma

Rank III

Apr 11, 2021

I just heard that Ford will cut off orders in six days of the 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands for the year and all option packages for Big Bend and Outer Banks, etc. as of 4/15/21 due to lack of parts availability.
I saw a post on the fb Bronco Sport group that said the same.