Waiting on our Broncos

Rydfree
Jan 29, 2021

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Jan 29, 2021

Since the order banks have officially opened and most of us have put in our orders , what will we all be doing to pass the time until that well awaited call to come pick it up comes ?
I put most all of my hobbies on hold for the past 5 years as I was clearing land , building a pond and a new house all by myself . I've worked entirely too much and I really can't wait until the Bronco gets delivered to start enjoying what adventures it will bring . I built a 100 yard gun range on the back property so there's that , but ammo is scarce again so I'm not enjoying that as much as I should . It's too cold and wet here to get the motorcycle out very often so I finally got my old RC hobby room setup and think I will dive into some building and flying again . If you notice there is a Bronco in there as well so I can at least keep my focus on the prize :)

So that's my plan for now , what's yours ?

hobby room 1.jpghobby room 2.jpg
hobby room 3.jpg
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
CCDetroit, MnLakeBum
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2021

Rank V

Jan 29, 2021

I too need to clean up and organize a hobby area, yours is awesome!
Over the last couple years I've been reliving my youth from the late 80s and early 90s, only with money this time, lol.
I have a few RC scale crawler truck builds to keep me busy.
I'm doing a mini Blue (FJ40), a Toyota Pickup, and I scored the Orange and the Grey New Bright Broncos from Wally World, so I need to mount those bodies onto a TRX-4 crawler chassis.
I've also built several retro BMX 26 and 29 Cruiser bikes over the last couple years, and have an S&M Covid Cruiser 29 on the back burner.
The bikes I did finish are always never finished, as I see new parts I want to swap out - so they're kinda ongoing projects.

<- And there's always this rig to cater to, among others. Thinking of adding PS, better seats, etc...

Some unfinished project pics:

Reserved 7/14/20 - Ordered Converted 1/19/21: 2 Dr Cyber Orange Badlands w/ 2.3L, 7MT, MGV, High, Tow
Tentative Build Date - Week of 11/15/21
Toys: 1971 FJ40 - 1989 Toyota Pickup - 1998 C5 vert
ChapEJF, Jakob1972

Life is a Highway

Jan 29, 2021

Since the order banks have officially opened and most of us have put in our orders , what will we all be doing to pass the time until that well awaited call to come pick it up comes ?
I put most all of my hobbies on hold for the past 5 years as I was clearing land , building a pond and a new house all by myself . I've worked entirely too much and I really can't wait until the Bronco gets delivered to start enjoying what adventures it will bring . I built a 100 yard gun range on the back property so there's that , but ammo is scarce again so I'm not enjoying that as much as I should . It's too cold and wet here to get the motorcycle out very often so I finally got my old RC hobby room setup and think I will dive into some building and flying again . If you notice there is a Bronco in there as well so I can at least keep my focus on the prize :)

So that's my plan for now , what's yours ?

View attachment 8230View attachment 8231
View attachment 8232
awesome Bronco and a pretty sweet Scout also!
Jakob1972, Rydfree

Jan 29, 2021

I too need to clean up and organize a hobby area, yours is awesome!
Over the last couple years I've been reliving my youth from the late 80s and early 90s, only with money this time, lol.
I have a few RC scale crawler truck builds to keep me busy.
I'm doing a mini Blue (FJ40), a Toyota Pickup, and I scored the Orange and the Grey New Bright Broncos from Wally World, so I need to mount those bodies onto a TRX-4 crawler chassis.
I've also built several retro BMX 26 and 29 Cruiser bikes over the last couple years, and have an S&M Covid Cruiser 29 on the back burner.
The bikes I did finish are always never finished, as I see new parts I want to swap out - so they're kinda ongoing projects.

<- And there's always this rig to cater to, among others. Thinking of adding PS, better seats, etc...

Some unfinished project pics:

That's going to be awesome . I have got the Area 51 paint sitting there beside the Bronco but haven't gotten around to painting the body yet . We finally moved into the new house in Sept '19 but been building a garage and just now got the hobby room wired with power . I've really just got to dive back in and start updating some radios/electronics etc . I did buy the DJI HD goggles for my race drones and plan to put one of the cameras in the Bronco so I can sit on the porch and FPV it around the property ,LOL .
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Jakob1972, GToddC5

Jan 29, 2021

awesome Bronco and a pretty sweet Scout also!
I put the Bronco on a RedCat Gen8 running gear and the Scout was the body that came with it .
IL21Bronco

Rank V

Jan 29, 2021

That's going to be awesome . I have got the Area 51 paint sitting there beside the Bronco but haven't gotten around to painting the body yet . We finally moved into the new house in Sept '19 but been building a garage and just not got the hobby room wired with power . I've really just got to dive back in and start updating some radios/electronics etc . I did buy the DJI HD goggles for my race drones and plan to put one of the cameras in the Bronco so I can sit on the porch and FPV it around the property ,LOL .

Sweet!

Since I'm getting a CO Badlands, I'll leave the scale CO hardtop body alone likely. But the grey scale body I might paint up similar to the SEMA build, and attempt to notch the doors. Probably leave the fenders round so I don't spend a month on it, lol. I just think the open top body will be awesome with the notched doors.

Sacrificial model to go under the knife:

Reserved 7/14/20 - Ordered Converted 1/19/21: 2 Dr Cyber Orange Badlands w/ 2.3L, 7MT, MGV, High, Tow
Jakob1972, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jan 29, 2021

I really like the idea of making a cool RC Bronco! I may have to look into that as a hobby one of these days to pass the time. @Rydfree I think I hear an invite to come out to your range you built:cool: I’ll bring a case of ammo in the summer haha
MY21 2dr Black Diamond 7MT Velocity Blue!
Jakob1972, Deano Bronc

Jan 29, 2021

I really like the idea of making a cool RC Bronco! I may have to look into that as a hobby one of these days to pass the time. @Rydfree I think I hear an invite to come out to your range you built:cool: I’ll bring a case of ammo in the summer haha

Always invited . I may go put a few rounds thru a couple pistols tomorrow . When I was digging out the area for the pond my wife asked what I was going to do with the dirt . I said I have a plan ,LOL .
PSUTE, KennyMac

Rank V

Jan 30, 2021

While I wait my hobby is going to be gathering the parts and accessories I want to add to the bronco. I'm also finishing up my motorcycle build
IL21Bronco, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jan 30, 2021

Still have lots of floor replacement to do, brakes, engine rebuild, etc on a 66' u15.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
KennyMac, Deano Bronc

Gladesmen

Jan 30, 2021

I plan on rebuilding my teardrop. Something to match the Bronco. But until then I will take my Redcat gen 8 crawling in the back 40. I was going to get the New Bright Bronco all I want is the Body and I couldn’t bring myself to spend $60 for that body. Waiting for Proline to come out with a 4-door Bronco. This is my wife and my Scouts and my oldest TRX-4 with the wrangler top and my youngest has the Typhon buggy.407C969C-3F1C-4CB7-9CFA-47A40F3F6A7E.jpeg568E937C-B8A3-405A-9878-78E22361356A.jpeg
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
IL21Bronco, Gutter Clown

Jan 30, 2021

While I wait my hobby is going to be gathering the parts and accessories I want to add to the bronco. I'm also finishing up my motorcycle build

I'm not gonna gather up too many things to put on the Bronco before it gets here but I have already stuck a few small items back . What kind of motorcycle are you building ? They use to be my money pit and I had 7 at the same time back around 2007 . Now I just have the one that the wife and I usually take a week long trip once a year where we just load up , jump on and head in no particular direction . We just ride until we are tired and find a place to stay stopping at any place of interest that we happen upon . Sadly we didn't get to do that this year .
raider loaded.jpg
raider 1.jpg
MnLakeBum, PSUTE

Jan 30, 2021

Still have lots of floor replacement to do, brakes, engine rebuild, etc on a 66' u15.

You gonna keep it mainly stock or go wild ? Love that body .

Jan 30, 2021

I plan on rebuilding my teardrop. Something to match the Bronco. But until then I will take my Redcat gen 8 crawling in the back 40. I was going to get the New Bright Bronco all I want is the Body and I couldn’t bring myself to spend $60 for that body. Waiting for Proline to come out with a 4-door Bronco. This is my wife and my Scouts and my oldest TRX-4 with the wrangler top and my youngest has the Typhon buggy.View attachment 8289View attachment 8290

That's the orange Scout body that came on my Gen8 . I didn't really want to spend the $$ on the Newbrite just for the Bronco either . I'm just going to put the Scout body on it and do a few mods to give it to
a kid for Christmas or a Birthday .
Jakob1972, GToddC5

Rank V

Jan 30, 2021

I'm not gonna gather up too many things to put on the Bronco before it gets here but I have already stuck a few small items back . What kind of motorcycle are you building ? They use to be my money pit and I had 7 at the same time back around 2007 . Now I just have the one that the wife and I usually take a week long trip once a year where we just load up , jump on and head in no particular direction . We just ride until we are tired and find a place to stay stopping at any place of interest that we happen upon . Sadly we didn't get to do that this year .
View attachment 8303
View attachment 8304
That is one beautiful bike! My bike is just a honda vtx 1800 that was a basket case when I got it. It's all together and runs great now. I'm starting the modifications I want on it now like a harley fairing, air ride, harley bags, and trunk. I really miss my street glide so I'm gonna make this one similar.

Attachments

IL21Bronco, Rydfree

Rank V

Jan 30, 2021

That is one beautiful bike! My bike is just a honda vtx 1800 that was a basket case when I got it. It's all together and runs great now. I'm starting the modifications I want on it now like a harley fairing, air ride, harley bags, and trunk. I really miss my street glide so I'm gonna make this one similar.

Beautiful bike, I had a 2002 for a couple years. I wish they'd put the bigger motor in the Fury.

VTX.jpg
IL21Bronco, Rydfree

Rank V

Jan 30, 2021

Beautiful bike, I had a 2002 for a couple years. I wish they'd put the bigger motor in the Fury.

View attachment 8323
I had an 07 1300 years ago so when this came to me for near free I jumped at it
Rydfree, GToddC5

Rank V

Jan 30, 2021

I had an 07 1300 years ago so when this came to me for near free I jumped at it

That's a lot of bike for near free, great score!
Rydfree, Mdemieville

Jan 31, 2021

II really liked the VTXs . I custom painted bikes for years and here is one I did for an LSU Tiger fan .
Mad Max.jpg
P1040017.JPG
MnLakeBum, Deano Bronc

Home, home on the range

Jan 31, 2021

Like the RC cars and bikes. I have no room currently for projects and need to move stuff around in the garage to make sure the Bronco will have enough room. I'd like to epoxy the garage floor, put in a better workbench, and figure out better storage options so I'll keep busy.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Deano Bronc, Rydfree