Waited for 7 months and BOUGHT ONE OFF THE LOT!!

Jackniferuby
Jul 02, 2022

Rank 0

Jul 02, 2022

My husband ordered me a Bronco for my 50th and it sadly wasn’t here yet. Little did we know the insanity that has come about with production of these babies. We went to the Off-Rodeo in Austin and had the BEST time . Absolutely loved it but it just made the waiting that much worse ! We , like many of you ,started looking nonstop for one in stock to buy, but the markups were ridiculous. Like REALLY REALLY unbelievable. Here we are in the middle of summer and I couldn’t take it any more - I put a deposit down on the new Limited addition Jeep High Tide already in transit. It was an act of desperation and defiance . I had lost faith in Ford and the negatives started to eat at me . Well, my husband wasn’t giving up and the very next day a miracle happened. He found my Bronco without an insane markup. It was at a Christian dealership and had been the owner’s wife’s vehicle since it’s birthday at the end of November 2021. Never even seen a dirt road and only 5k miles . Badlands Sasquatch - which is what we wanted, but had to settle for Outer Banks . It needs a couple of little upgrades to be EXACTLY what I need (360 camera/bigger screen) but for the same price as a Bronco that doesn’t even exist and hasn’t even got a build date yet- I’ll take it! I couldn’t be more in love and can NOT wait to take him to the beach and the SW this year! Still thinking of a good piratey name for this Iconic Silver babe but HE IS MINE!

Attachments

Ashbyj, Hpr367
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 02, 2022

Moab or bust!!!

Jul 02, 2022

My husband ordered me a Bronco for my 50th and it sadly wasn’t here yet. Little did we know the insanity that has come about with production of these babies. We went to the Off-Rodeo in Austin and had the BEST time . Absolutely loved it but it just made the waiting that much worse ! We , like many of you ,started looking nonstop for one in stock to buy, but the markups were ridiculous. Like REALLY REALLY unbelievable. Here we are in the middle of summer and I couldn’t take it any more - I put a deposit down on the new Limited addition Jeep High Tide already in transit. It was an act of desperation and defiance . I had lost faith in Ford and the negatives started to eat at me . Well, my husband wasn’t giving up and the very next day a miracle happened. He found my Bronco without an insane markup. It was at a Christian dealership and had been the owner’s wife’s vehicle since it’s birthday at the end of November 2021. Never even seen a dirt road and only 5k miles . Badlands Sasquatch - which is what we wanted, but had to settle for Outer Banks . It needs a couple of little upgrades to be EXACTLY what I need (360 camera/bigger screen) but for the same price as a Bronco that doesn’t even exist and hasn’t even got a build date yet- I’ll take it! I couldn’t be more in love and can NOT wait to take him to the beach and the SW this year! Still thinking of a good piratey name for this Iconic Silver babe but HE IS MINE!
Congrats! Glad you never gave up and found what you wanted. Looks great!
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank VI

Jul 02, 2022

Piratey name, eh?? How about Long John Silver or just Long John? He was a fictional pirate but he was a good one..
s-l500.jpg
Congrats on the ride. That is my 2nd favorite color, hands down.
TK1215, Laura

Rank V

Jul 02, 2022

Congrats. Next to A51 the Iconic silver is best color imo. Have fun
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992

Rank 0

Jul 02, 2022

Congrats. Next to A51 the Iconic silver is best color imo. Have fun
The color looks amazing in person- it’s VERY shiny like liquid mercury. I’m loving the color way of silver, black and orange accents of the badlands. I was NOT excited about my brown/black interior with electric blue accents of the Outer Banks .
TK1215

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Jul 02, 2022

Are you going to cancel your order for the Limited "addition" Jeep High Tide now?
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA

Rank VI

Jul 02, 2022

That’s my favorite color if you don’t count the RHCP :cool:
Member # 5650 / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

Rank V

Jul 04, 2022

SOOOooooo happy for you, JackKnifeRuby!
I have a similar experience. No word on my ordered Badlands (high package, hardtop, + a few options). I checked with a competing dealership, and bought a Badlands Lux/Hard/Sadquatch. I blew the bucket, bt wanted it for my 75th birthday. Interesting how "birthday" enters into so many stories!
I'm doing a geezer-buddy-bucketlist with my brother to Utah (very backcountry--along the Nevada border) this August.
God bless and protect you--and happy offroading!
TK1215

Rank 0

Jul 04, 2022

Are you going to cancel your order for the Limited "addition" Jeep High Tide now?
Hahaha I did the second I got the keys to the Bronco!
BuckYeah

Rank 0

Jul 04, 2022

SOOOooooo happy for you, JackKnifeRuby!
I have a similar experience. No word on my ordered Badlands (high package, hardtop, + a few options). I checked with a competing dealership, and bought a Badlands Lux/Hard/Sadquatch. I blew the bucket, bt wanted it for my 75th birthday. Interesting how "birthday" enters into so many stories!
I'm doing a geezer-buddy-bucketlist with my brother to Utah (very backcountry--along the Nevada border) this August.
God bless and protect you--and happy offroading!
You will have a blast. The SW is my favorite part of the country.

Rank V

Jul 04, 2022

Forgot to mention: I spoke with other dealerships about cancellations, and that's what I bought. I've suggested this approach on a few other threads. Some compromise on your build specs = faster availability. I didn't actually pray for a Bronco, but the Lord definitely knew my heart!
Itinerary: Monument Valley, Moab, Arches, Pony Express Historic Byway & adjacent backroads into and around Nevada. Then Box Elder and Cache Counties. Can't wait!
TK1215

Rank 0

Jul 04, 2022

That’s awesome! Still waiting!

Rank I

Jul 05, 2022

That is awesome, and he looks great! I did the same thing and am in love with mine!