Champion I

Aug 28, 2021
New England
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
W
Member #

For the past 3-4 days I've been hearing from a few Ford folks about new series codes for the Bronco. All of my contacts work on SuperDuty/F-150 and don't have any direct knowledge of the Bronco, so I haven't been able to get more info... but I've been waiting patiently for Ford to post the 2023 VIN guide (still hasn't happened).

BUT, over on another forum, someone found a VIN guide posted on the NHTSA website that may have answered my questions.

Looks like we may get up to three new Broncos from Ford in 2023. Two trims are Heritage related, which we've already seen some info on... but the third is something called "Oates", and it's a 2-door. It may be a effectively a 2-door Bronco Raptor or perhaps the Bronco DR. No idea what that is, but I'm intrigued to say the least.

1658868889454.png

Mal

Rank VI

Champion I

May 21, 2020
Albuquerque NM
Member #

For the past 3-4 days I've been hearing from a few Ford folks about new series codes for the Bronco. All of my contacts work on SuperDuty/F-150 and don't have any direct knowledge of the Bronco, so I haven't been able to get more info... but I've been waiting patiently for Ford to post the 2023 VIN guide (still hasn't happened).

BUT, over on another forum, someone found a VIN guide posted on the NHTSA website that may have answered my questions.

Looks like we may get up to three new Broncos from Ford in 2023. Two trims are Heritage related, which we've already seen some info on... but the third is something called "Oates", and it's a 2-door. It may be a effectively a 2-door Bronco Raptor or perhaps the Bronco DR. No idea what that is, but I'm intrigued to say the least.

View attachment 40696
That is strange. There is not a V8 engine code for the DR, but its not street legal so maybe a one off.
Also interesting that the Everglades is on the list. Last year it was overland or something like that. I thought it was going to be a one-year only thing, but this implies its still around for 2023.
So a Heritage and Heritage limited for 2 and four doors, both with the advanced 4X4 may mean they are factory sasquatch.
Oates though. Sounds performance related- Like this two door ate its wheaties. Also Advanced 4X4.... Now Im even more impatiently waiting on the order guide.

RagnarKon

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 28, 2021
New England
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
W
Member #

That is strange. There is not a V8 engine code for the DR, but its not street legal so maybe a one off.
Also interesting that the Everglades is on the list. Last year it was overland or something like that. I thought it was going to be a one-year only thing, but this implies its still around for 2023.
So a Heritage and Heritage limited for 2 and four doors, both with the advanced 4X4 may mean they are factory sasquatch.
Oates though. Sounds performance related- Like this two door ate its wheaties. Also Advanced 4X4.... Now Im even more impatiently waiting on the order guide.
I think “Oates” is simply a code-name for the product… the obvious question is what will the product will be?

It seems odd Ford would release a 2-door special edition trim since 4-door is by far the more popular product. So needless to say I’m super interested. And unlike Everglades it is a whole separate series code, so that probably means it’s going to different than anything available currently.

Good point regarding the engine options though. That probably rules out the Bronco DR.

87BroncoVB

Rank II

Supporter I

Jun 5, 2022
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Wills
That is strange. There is not a V8 eng
So did Ford. What did they deliver, 3 so far? Has to be carried over.

Laura

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator

Champion I

Mar 18, 2021
Michigan, Detroit, MI, USA
www.instagram.com
First Name
Laura
Last Name
Zielinski
Member #

Sweet!!

The one closest to you is purdy! Initial reaction was "body-colored painted hard top confirmed!"... but... probably doesn't count if the body is shadow black.
Yeah, it's a great look on Shadow Black!

PXL_20220726_230058951.jpg

PXL_20220726_230151502.jpg

BuckYeah

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 24, 2021
Seattle
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Byrne
Member #

I think the camouflaged one in front looks like it's teasing a new color. I'm seeing tan, near the rear right wheel. Of course, it could just be a dark color that's reflecting something out of frame.

The Bronco is rocking those squared off fender flares. I really like them. Now I'm hoping I don't get a build date before August 15th! :love:

• Haha
Reactions: Cc1999 and Big Papa

Mal

Rank VI

Champion I

May 21, 2020
Albuquerque NM
Member #

View attachment 40700
Real time lol. My first true spy shot :LOL: nothing we haven't seen though.
Standard taillights on the Black, Signature on the one under wraps. Is this the Heritage and Heritage limited here? . Also, again with the mod tops on the Heritage. I really hope its not limited to just that trim. I had forgotten how sharp it looks on the Bronco.

@BuckYeah Is that tan or is that the Yellowstone? I really cant tell.