Vaughn Gittin Jr took me on WILD ride!! 2.7L Badlands Sasquatch

Chase Gentry
Apr 06, 2021

Rank V

Apr 06, 2021

got to spend an hour with Vaughn in Moab UT where he thoroughly demonstrates the Broncos full capability
BBFC57F7-0644-40D0-83BF-04425DF7347E.jpeg
Tapper881, SlashRacer
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 06, 2021

No Ragerts

Apr 06, 2021

I may have to borrow that tag line “I am a professional Fun Haver”
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Deano Bronc, SaddleUpWild

Rank V

Apr 06, 2021

I may have to borrow that tag line “I am a professional Fun Haver”
✌ do it it’s his tag line not mine
Bschurr

Rank II

Apr 06, 2021

Another WOW video...Thanks, fer sharing!
Just The Basic Facts
Steve777468, Bronc96

Rank V

Apr 06, 2021

Another WOW video...Thanks, fer sharing!
Thanks for watching hopefully it’s as enjoyable to watch as it was for me inside
Deano Bronc, Steve777468

Rank VI

Apr 06, 2021

very cool video. Only thing i dont like is the rattling but im pretty sure thats just the noise a production vehicle makes going off road like that
Bschurr, Chase Gentry

Rank II

Apr 06, 2021

I loved the Rubber Ducky Censor Edits!!!
Just The Basic Facts
Bschurr, Chase Gentry

Rank VI

Apr 06, 2021

question. did you get any inside info about 2 door vs 4 door? new products? really any good behind the scenes info/tips/ anything like that?

Im getting a 2 door but the space the 4 door allows is enticing. But watching these videos has me saying the 2 door is going to be so much cooler to drive.
Deano Bronc, Steve777468

Rank V

Apr 06, 2021

very cool video. Only thing i dont like is the rattling but im pretty sure thats just the noise a production vehicle makes going off road like that
Yea i agree Vaughn had a bunch of stuff in the back it’s was his personal pre production truck plus he had been beating on it for two weeks lol
Deano Bronc, Bschurr

Rank V

Apr 06, 2021

I loved the Rubber Ducky Censor Edits!!!
lmfao yea in the moment I wasn’t thinking about filming I was just having a blast and didn’t realize I kept dropping the F bomb
Deano Bronc, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Apr 06, 2021

Yea i agree Vaughn had a bunch of stuff in the back it’s was his personal pre production truck plus he had been beating on it for two weeks lol
so was this also a major pre production test? they really are beating the shit out of these cars long term (i saw 3000 miles on one) and i have to wonder if this is the final (i guess its already too late since production is very very soon) test for the off road durability of the parts
Deano Bronc, Steve777468

Rank V

Apr 06, 2021

question. did you get any inside info about 2 door vs 4 door? new products? really any good behind the scenes info/tips/ anything like that?

Im getting a 2 door but the space the 4 door allows is enticing. But watching these videos has me saying the 2 door is going to be so much cooler to drive.
No I still haven’t been inside a 2 door unfortunately but truthfully no matter what you go with they’ll booth be equally as fun and capable. Video will never do something justice but what I witnessed that bronco do totally blew my mind! Personal I think 4dr for space, storage, etc though
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Rank VI

Apr 06, 2021

No I still haven’t been inside a 2 door unfortunately but truthfully no matter what you go with they’ll booth be equally as fun and capable. Video will never do something justice but what I witnessed that bronco do totally blew my mind! Personal I think 4dr for space, storage, etc though
Ya i want to get into overlanding but i live on the east coast so we dont really have sand dunes to play around in. What would you say about its capability? I skipped on the winch because it blocks the camera but i dont want to get stuck but so far its eaten everything i have seen.

Im not very experienced off road but they were driving around in sand at 30psi. When i go on the beach here we have to go down super low or we get stuck. Is that because of the computer in the car micromanaging everything?
Chase Gentry

Rank V

Apr 06, 2021

so was this also a major pre production test? they really are beating the shit out of these cars long term (i saw 3000 miles on one) and i have to wonder if this is the final (i guess its already too late since production is very very soon) test for the off road durability of the parts
I think yes these are final. Chatting with Vaughn he’s been part of the durability team for a while and they tried breaking and creating failures. Obviously things will wear, break, etc. Over time from long term use. however I too have spent most my professional career in the automotive realm and never seen and factory offering put up with the hour we threw at it let alone the whole time Vaughn has had it. My unbiased opinion FORD went the extra mile building a near bullet platform
Deano Bronc, Steve777468

Rank VI

Apr 06, 2021

I think yes these are final. Chatting with Vaughn he’s been part of the durability team for a while and they tried breaking and creating failures. Obviously things will wear, break, etc. Over time from long term use. however I too have spent most my professional career in the automotive realm and never seen and factory offering put up with the hour we threw at it let alone the whole time Vaughn has had it. My unbiased opinion FORD went the extra mile building a near bullet platform
thats whats interesting to me. Just from the sound of the car rattling like that you can tell you are not supposed to push the car like that. However these cars are out there doing it over and over every day at these events.
Chase Gentry

Libations MOD

Apr 06, 2021

HOLY $HIT!!! Every time I think I have seen a great video another is posted!! How freaking Bad A$$!!!
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Deano Bronc, SlashRacer

Rank V

Apr 06, 2021

Ya i want to get into overlanding but i live on the east coast so we dont really have sand dunes to play around in. What would you say about its capability? I skipped on the winch because it blocks the camera but i dont want to get stuck but so far its eaten everything i have seen.

Im not very experienced off road but they were driving around in sand at 30psi. When i go on the beach here we have to go down super low or we get stuck. Is that because of the computer in the car micromanaging everything?
So I consider myself experienced, and very knowledgeable in off-roading many scenarios. No one is an expert as we’re always learning something new on the daily. I will say this in regards to the new Bronco though... I had over $75k invested into a full time “overland” Tacoma and had put that truck all over the US and into Canada in some of the harsh environments... i still have not had the opportunity to physically drive the bronco yet and I know WITHOUT A DOUBT the Bronco would walk CIRCLES around it... in reverse... blindfolded if possible...

a winch is a great tool to have but depends of the user too. Get you a bronco and as your skill level moves up you’ll start challenging yourself and your rig more which maybe at that point you’ll want to add a winch. Also yes it does block camera but the view is so wide it still allows visual over/around winch on screen
Steve777468, BuzzyBud

Rank V

Apr 06, 2021

HOLY $HIT!!! Every time I think I have seen a great video another is posted!! How freaking Bad A$$!!!
Dude thanks for this comment
Rgwinn, Bschurr

Rank VI

Apr 06, 2021

What do you think about the engine sound? It seems baja really kicks it up audibly. Is the sound being piped in or is the engine/transmission just programmed different for that mode?

You think ford could do a software update to give us this for the road? or is the suspension too body rolly for something like that?
Chase Gentry

Rank VI

Apr 06, 2021

Hey everybody, he didn't ask us to do this but we know the YouTube game can be a slog for smaller creators. Do us and yourself a favor and go subscribe to Chase's channel. That should be your good deed for the Bronco community today. Click here, and then subscribe. It's free and subscribing really helps folks like us and Chase out. Also, like the video if you do and comment, again it's a little thing that helps out fellow off-road fans.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
Deano Bronc, SlashRacer