V6 With a Manual

Bronco_Girl
Jun 11, 2021

Rank VI

Jun 11, 2021

What are the odds that Ford will offer a MT with their V6 for the MY22??
TK1215

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jun 11, 2021

Probably none.
They should have offered the 3.3 NA with manual as the base engine and the turbo motors as options.
KennyMac, TK1215

Rank VI

Jun 11, 2021

Agreed, highly unlikely at this point.

Beyond MY22 it is hard to say how long the manual will stay around with a low take rate. I am making the concession for the 2.3 to get the manual as this might be one of the last opportunities to get a manual in a hardcore 4x4. :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
KennyMac, TK1215

Rank V

Jun 11, 2021

Beyond MY22 it is hard to say how long the manual will stay around with a low take rate. I am making the concession for the 2.3 to get the manual as this might be one of the last opportunities to get a manual in a hardcore 4x4. :)

I agree, this might be one of the last opportunities for a MT and this is what I'm doing as well.
KennyMac, TK1215

Rank VI

Jun 11, 2021

hmmmm...something for me to consider.
TK1215, Bronc96

Rank V

Jun 11, 2021

I hope they keep the manual to at least 2025. That will give me enough time to save up and see what's available on the aftermarket, which will help me decide if I want the Lux or High package .
TK1215, Bronc96

Rank VI

Jun 12, 2021

I hope they keep the manual to at least 2025. That will give me enough time to save up and see what's available on the aftermarket, which will help me decide if I want the Lux or High package .
Yeah I can't see them doing away with the manual. I was just wondering if I held out if Ford would offer it mated to the V6.
TK1215, Buckin Bronco

Rank V

Jun 12, 2021

Yeah I can't see them doing away with the manual. I was just wondering if I held out if Ford would offer it mated to the V6.

I want a manual/V6 option. I was originally hoping that it would be offered by the midlife update, but as time goes on, I don't think it's going to happen. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
TK1215, Bronc96

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jun 12, 2021

I want a manual/V6 option. I was originally hoping that it would be offered by the midlife update, but as time goes on, I don't think it's going to happen. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
After market is going to be all over this, plus if enough letters reach Ford they won't ignore it. All the bleating about take rates is completely false.I went through that on my Focus. I had to order it with a 5 spd.they did it reluctantly. I've had a lot of people ask me" how did you get that?I'd buy one with a 5 spd if I could get it"

They don't order manuals on anything, its not that people don't want them, its that the dealer doesn't stock them. Ford is going be schooled on manuals with the Bronco.
KennyMac, Bronco_Girl

Rank V

Jun 12, 2021

After market is going to be all over this, plus if enough letters reach Ford they won't ignore it. All the bleating about take rates is completely false.I went through that on my Focus. I had to order it with a 5 spd.they did it reluctantly. I've had a lot of people ask me" how did you get that?I'd buy one with a 5 spd if I could get it"

They don't order manuals on anything, its not that people don't want them, its that the dealer doesn't stock them. Ford is going be schooled on manuals with the Bronco.

Yeah, I think most people just buy whatever is available on the lot. I however will be ordering from Ford.
KennyMac, Bronco_Girl