USING OUR BRONCO SPORT FOR ITS INTENDED PURPOSE, RECOVERY FOR JILL

1Five1 Garage
Jun 14, 2021

Rank V

Jun 14, 2021

This is a video I made to celebrate the start of Jill's recovery. Both physical and mental.

February 6, 2019 marked the day that everything came to a halt for us. It was the day Jill was diagnosed with a rare and extremely aggressive form of cancer. It was the day we put everything we had planned aside and focused on Jill’s fight and what I needed to do to help assist the best possible outcome. My life changed dramatically due to Jill’s chemo regimen and, now, nearly nonexistent immune system. Keeping her safe during those times was the most important thing to me. EVERTHING else came second.

Today starts the path back to some sort of normalcy. This is where the Bronco Sport comes in. We bought the Bronco to assist us with the transportation of our outdoor activities gear. While we do have a full Bronco(s) on order, the height to load equipment will be too high for Jill to reach. The Broncos also marks a new chapter in our life together and what we will be doing with them. To help Jill and I catch up on what we have missed out on during our fight.

Today we start from where we left off. Getting back out in nature and doing a little adventuring. Trying new things that we have wanted to do even before the cancer hit. Stand up paddle boarding was one of those things. Today we will be trying it out for the first time. We know we will love it but not sure if Jill's balance and core strength has been affected over the last two and a half years of treatment and inactivity.

I am extremely proud of Jill @MRS1FIVE1GARAGE because she has ALWAYS kept a positive attitude regardless of what was going on and how bad it actually got. I can’t wait to make more memories with her during our adventures together with our 3 broncos.

Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
Sdakotabronco, MRS1FIVE1GARAGE
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2021

Rank II

Jun 15, 2021

That is awesome
best of luck to both of you
as someone who knows how cancer can impact loved ones and those around them, take the time and enjoy the things that make you happy - and sounds like you guys are doing exactly that!
MRS1FIVE1GARAGE, 1Five1 Garage

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Jun 15, 2021

This is a video I made to celebrate the start of Jill's recovery. Both physical and mental.

February 6, 2019 marked the day that everything came to a halt for us. It was the day Jill was diagnosed with a rare and extremely aggressive form of cancer. It was the day we put everything we had planned aside and focused on Jill’s fight and what I needed to do to help assist the best possible outcome. My life changed dramatically due to Jill’s chemo regimen and, now, nearly nonexistent immune system. Keeping her safe during those times was the most important thing to me. EVERTHING else came second.

Today starts the path back to some sort of normalcy. This is where the Bronco Sport comes in. We bought the Bronco to assist us with the transportation of our outdoor activities gear. While we do have a full Bronco(s) on order, the height to load equipment will be too high for Jill to reach. The Broncos also marks a new chapter in our life together and what we will be doing with them. To help Jill and I catch up on what we have missed out on during our fight.

Today we start from where we left off. Getting back out in nature and doing a little adventuring. Trying new things that we have wanted to do even before the cancer hit. Stand up paddle boarding was one of those things. Today we will be trying it out for the first time. We know we will love it but not sure if Jill's balance and core strength has been affected over the last two and a half years of treatment and inactivity.

I am extremely proud of Jill @MRS1FIVE1GARAGE because she has ALWAYS kept a positive attitude regardless of what was going on and how bad it actually got. I can’t wait to make more memories with her during our adventures together with our 3 broncos.

Hey 1Five1, that is a very uplifting story and video, good on both of you, and great to hear about Jill's recovery. Congratulations on so many different levels.
MRS1FIVE1GARAGE, 1Five1 Garage

Rank V

Jun 15, 2021

Thanks to all.

Considering this was Jill less then 2 years ago, she as come a long way. I cannot express how proud I am of her for fighting cancer and never giving up, not only for her sake but mine as well. She means the world to me and would have traded places with her if I could have.

IMG_4181.jpg
Sdakotabronco, MRS1FIVE1GARAGE

Rank VI

Jun 15, 2021

Glad to hear you and Mrs. 1Five1 Garage are getting back out and enjoying the things you love! Every day is so precious and I wish you both the best! :)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Sdakotabronco, Deano Bronc
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jun 15, 2021

So happy for you two. How great, getting out on the water once again. What a beautiful video. Jill's smile on the way back says it all.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Rank V

Jun 15, 2021

So happy for you two. How great, getting out on the water once again. What a beautiful video. Jill's smile on the way back says it all.

Thanks. While Jill was going through the cancer, I had to nark on her to the doctors about her wanting to go to the beach to keep her safe. She loves the water and glad she is back into it.
Sdakotabronco, Laura

Rank V

Jun 16, 2021

Having spent 23 months in an Army hospital I know what she went through. Pass along to Jill my best wishes. Congrats to both of you.
4 Door Badlands: Carbonized Gray, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Towing Package, 35" Tires ETC
1Five1 Garage

Rank V

Jun 16, 2021

Having spent 23 months in an Army hospital I know what she went through. Pass along to Jill my best wishes. Congrats to both of you.
I sure will and thanks. While she was fighting the cancer I bought a set of boxing gloves to hang next to her side of the bed. To remind her to never give up.
PSUTE, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jun 16, 2021

Obligatory F*ck Cancer - way to kick it's ass Jill.
Bronco 4-dr Outer Banks
High Package / Sasquatch. First off-road ready vehicle, let's do this.
Sdakotabronco, PSUTE

Rank V

Jun 17, 2021

I sure will and thanks. While she was fighting the cancer I bought a set of boxing gloves to hang next to her side of the bed. To remind her to never give up.

I surprised her with these during the hardest time of the cancer. That way before be she will ALWAYS be reminded to fight. She kicked ass and now it's time to make up for lost time.

IMG_8382.jpg
Sdakotabronco, talbot

Rank 0

Jun 17, 2021

That is awesome
best of luck to both of you
as someone who knows how cancer can impact loved ones and those around them, take the time and enjoy the things that make you happy - and sounds like you guys are doing exactly that!
Aww thank you so much! :)
Deano Bronc, talbot

Rank 0

Jun 17, 2021

Hey 1Five1, that is a very uplifting story and video, good on both of you, and great to hear about Jill's recovery. Congratulations on so many different levels.
Thank you so much! :)

Home, home on the range

Jun 17, 2021

Great video! Keep adventuring and sharing with us!
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022