URSA Minor

BabyJake
Jan 25, 2021

Rank I

Jan 25, 2021

Has anyone else reserved a URSA Minor Hard shell pop up tent?

https://ursaminorvehicles.com/campers/ford-camper-conversions/b30-bronco-pop-top.html
Lexi8581, Shadowblade
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2021

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Jan 26, 2021

This is the first I've heard of it, but it looks like an awesome option. Probably too pricy for my budget, but I love the concept.

Rank VI

Jan 26, 2021

I knew it was only a matter of time. I bet this will be a great setup, especially without that crossbar in the middle of everything.
"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt" - John Muir
"The mountains are calling, and I must go..." - John Muir
BN #0120
TorgSurv

Rank VI

Jan 26, 2021

It’s awesome that they are working with Ford dealerships to include it in the cost of the vehicle.
"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt" - John Muir
BN #0120
TorgSurv

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Jan 26, 2021

@BabyJake Forgive me for hijacking the thread with this question, but is that your Bronco in your profile pic? I'd like to know where that bumper came from, and if there's a rear bumper to match it.
Also, welcome to Bronco Nation. It looks like we're practically neighbors.

Rank V

Jan 26, 2021

Not seeing a picture when I click on the link...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Jan 26, 2021

Not seeing a picture when I click on the link...
Looks like the don't have a picture of the Bronco version yet, but this link for the JK has some pictures:
https://ursaminorvehicles.com/campers/jeep-hard-top-popup-camper-package.html
Deano Bronc, PSUTE

Rank I

Jan 26, 2021

@TorgSurv it was mine I sold it fairly recently. The bumper was on off custom fab as well as the rear bumper. The URSA minor is pricy but I’m very excited for it. Howdy neighbor!

@PSUTE there is no picture as there isn’t one yet. They are taking orw orders. It will look very similar to the jeep shells they make.
Deano Bronc, PSUTE

Rank V

Jan 26, 2021

Looks cool. Not built for old folks who like to have a beer or 12... :D ...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
Deano Bronc, TorgSurv

Rank I

Jan 26, 2021

Looks cool. Not built for old folks who like to have a beer or 12... :D ...

i hear ya! That was me and the wife. But we sold our 88 brick nose and now have a 11 month old boy and another baby on the way. We need more sleeping spots and I don’t get to drink as much as I used to. (Probably a good thing ha)

Attachments

Deano Bronc, PSUTE

Rank VI

Jun 26, 2021

I put the small deposit down on the Ursa Minor B30 earlier this month as I considered swapping to the soft top due to commodity restraints.

Today, I made that final decision for the soft top so I am very seriously/anxiously awaiting the final B30 build/ordering email so I can complete that.

My plan is to build an overland/escape vehicle, and this is the ultimate conversion. So take my money!
LoneRanger, BabyJake

Rank IV

May 26, 2022

I put the small deposit down on the Ursa Minor B30 earlier this month as I considered swapping to the soft top due to commodity restraints.

Today, I made that final decision for the soft top so I am very seriously/anxiously awaiting the final B30 build/ordering email so I can complete that.

My plan is to build an overland/escape vehicle, and this is the ultimate conversion. So take my money!
Was following this earlier thread and wondered if Ursa Minor had provided you any update on your order? Also, what options are you considering?
Member: SUMMIT981 // Ordered: 21 DEC 2021 // Maryland, USA
Scheduled: 26 SEP 22, 17 OCT 22 | Built: 15 OCT 22 | Shipment: 17-23 OCT No Status

Rank VI

May 26, 2022

Was following this earlier thread and wondered if Ursa Minor had provided you any update on your order? Also, what options are you considering?

Nothing from them. I have been in constant contact with Gobi, have a roof rack already ordered and will be delivered sometime August/September they say.

Have a GFC Superlite, but also found this:
https://www.inspiredoverland.com/rooftop-tent
Still have the Ursa Minor ticket in, but at this point I am unsure if that’s the route I want to go, since I’ll have a roof rack and RTT.

Rank VI

May 26, 2022

The last time I communicated with them, they said they plan on having the prototype at the Overland Expo PNW. They would start showing/building them after that. I’m holding onto my reservation for now, but also waiting for the Gobi rack (August??).
BN #0120

Rank I

Jun 22, 2022

The last time I communicated with them, they said they plan on having the prototype at the Overland Expo PNW. They would start showing/building them after that. I’m holding onto my reservation for now, but also waiting for the Gobi rack (August??).

At least you get a response. I keep getting ignored weather its via Instagram or email.

Rank VI

Jun 23, 2022

At least you get a response. I keep getting ignored weather its via Instagram or email.
I certainly did not have a 100% success rate with my communication. I stopped by the shop in San Diego when I was out there last year and it is definitely a small operation. They have a lot of tops to build and not a huge crew to handle it all.
BN #0120
BabyJake

Rank IV

Jul 09, 2022

I understand that Ursa Minor was an official exhibitor at the 2022 Overland Expo - Pacific North West (8-10 July) https://www.overlandexpo.com/sponsors-exhibitors/overland-expo-pnw-2022/. Did anyone here on BN happen to visit their booth and find out more info about their upcoming B30 top?
Member: SUMMIT981 // Ordered: 21 DEC 2021 // Maryland, USA
Scheduled: 26 SEP 22, 17 OCT 22 | Built: 15 OCT 22 | Shipment: 17-23 OCT No Status

Rank 0

Mar 17, 2023

Has anyone else reserved a URSA Minor Hard shell pop up tent?

https://ursaminorvehicles.com/campers/ford-camper-conversions/b30-bronco-pop-top.html
I put a deposit down last year and still waiting to hear an update.

Rank IV

Mar 22, 2023

Come on URSA Minor, we are still waiting for something , anything, even just a forecast date. I have had my Bronco since July 2021 I have always planned on using your top I now have 66,000 km on it. Please give us something.

Rank VI

Mar 22, 2023

It's coming up on a year that they told me they hoped to have a prototype at the Overland Expo PNW. Maybe they meant 2023....

Any of my questions have gone unanswered over the past year. I saw a couple months ago that updates were coming soon...
BN #0120