Upgrading Rims/Tires for OBX

EGBronco
Jun 24, 2022

Rank V

Jun 24, 2022

New to the Bronco Nation! Currently I have a 2 door Outer Banks (non-Sasquatch). Considering upgrading the rims/tires. Would 35s put too much stress on the Hoss 1.0?
2022 Eruption Green 2 Door Outer Banks
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2022

Rank VI

Jun 25, 2022

Depends. How are you going to use it?

For moderate trails and a conservative driver, a spacer lift and some tie rod reinforcement would be adequate.

big tires look cool, and just an extra inch or two of clearance can make a big difference between scraping and stuck vs clearing an obstacle.
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top
EGBronco

Rank V

Jun 25, 2022

Thank you! Yeah, I’m not going to be doing any crazy off-roading. Just want to be a little more capable off road for when I do go.

Never got into vehicle modification before, so I want to make sure if I get a slightly bigger wheel/and a lift, it won’t put stress on the Hoss/suspension
2022 Eruption Green 2 Door Outer Banks

Burrito Connoisseur

Jun 25, 2022

Thank you! Yeah, I’m not going to be doing any crazy off-roading. Just want to be a little more capable off road for when I do go.

Never got into vehicle modification before, so I want to make sure if I get a slightly bigger wheel/and a lift, it won’t put stress on the Hoss/suspension
You should be fine. Lifting the vehicle does put extra stress on the steering components, but unless you’re going to get rowdy on trails you’ll likely never have an issue.

You’ll need a ~2” lift, new wheels, new tires (obviously), an alignment, and you’ll need to remove the crash bars.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
T2D_Gaming, Shoresy