Unusual electrical actuator type noise after sitting

Lbjailer
Apr 27, 2021

Rank III

Apr 27, 2021

My Sport First Edition has been sitting for three days in my garage. The key is inside the house away from the vehicle. I hear what sounds like some type of actuator noise. Another forum suggests it is the headlights preventing moisture build up for the LEDs. With the Bronco making noises just sitting and a long time after being started, how long will the battery last if left sitting for an extended period of time? Not to mention that Ford should make owners aware to prevent being overwhelmed with return trips to the dealer and a waste of time. If anyone has info, please share.
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2021

Rank V

Apr 29, 2021

Its making noise after sitting for 3 days? :unsure:
Thats really what i read?!!
Yeah i would like to know if thats normal.
...and its in the garage

Rank III

Apr 29, 2021

Today I opened the hood, it has been sitting overnight. I can hear the "fans" in both headlights going off, but it isn't the noise I previously heard. It sounds like an electrical moving part like some kind of actuator. It sounds like the parking brake when it is activated.

Rank V

Apr 29, 2021

No idea. My 2012 Sierra with no onstar is still running the factory battery. With vehicles constantly running home to mama and running electronics 24/7, pretty sure mine is one of the last of a dying breed...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery

Rank VI

Apr 29, 2021

Today I opened the hood, it has been sitting overnight. I can hear the "fans" in both headlights going off, but it isn't the noise I previously heard. It sounds like an electrical moving part like some kind of actuator. It sounds like the parking brake when it is activated.
And you don't have your key near you when you hear the sound? Also if you opened your door I figure that's a normal sound and even within a minute after. My work Silverado has some sounds like that after entering or exiting the vehicle
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.

Wank ER

Apr 29, 2021

Interesting...
1619685598668.png
2021 FE Cactus Grey

Rank VI

Apr 29, 2021

Listen in the dash area. I have an 06 lexus that when I get in i hear the air temp actuator move to prepare for warming/cooling my butt.
DRWright