Unique Wildtrack Features

texasrich
Jun 29, 2021

Rank 0

Jun 29, 2021

Could someone tell me if there is really anything that you can get with the Wildtrack package that is not available on a Badlands? When I first placed my order I had assumed that the Wildtrack was the highest-end model available based on price since the First Edition was already sold out. I never thought I'd really need to do a lot of rock crawling so the lack of a roll bar disconnect was not a deal breaker and I assumed that the Widltrack has some trick suspension options that made it more suitable for high speed off-roading. Now however after months with nothing to do be wait for it to arrive, I"ve watch tons of videos and reviews, and now from what I can see the Badlands has the same suspension hardware. Perhaps the only thing the Wildtrack has unique over the Badlands is SPORT nmode, but that seems to be something that you could easily do without as I've never used it on a single vehicle I've owned.

Am I missing something important here that really makes the Wildtrack attractive?
TK1215

Rank III

Jun 29, 2021

Could someone tell me if there is really anything that you can get with the Wildtrack package that is not available on a Badlands? When I first placed my order I had assumed that the Wildtrack was the highest-end model available based on price since the First Edition was already sold out. I never thought I'd really need to do a lot of rock crawling so the lack of a roll bar disconnect was not a deal breaker and I assumed that the Widltrack has some trick suspension options that made it more suitable for high speed off-roading. Now however after months with nothing to do be wait for it to arrive, I"ve watch tons of videos and reviews, and now from what I can see the Badlands has the same suspension hardware. Perhaps the only thing the Wildtrack has unique over the Badlands is SPORT nmode, but that seems to be something that you could easily do without as I've never used it on a single vehicle I've owned.

Am I missing something important here that really makes the Wildtrack attractive?

I had the same questions, so I decided to build out a Badlands the same way I had my Wildtrak set up and it cost $2k more to go Badlands. I wish they offered the MGV seats a floor drains in the Wildtrak. Maybe it will be an option on the MY22??
Mountainwiitch, Bike007b

Rank II

Jul 02, 2021

as pointed out by my fellow OSU alum, its saves money over the Badlands unless you want the rock crawling capability. The Baja mode should be nice as well. Here's a solid summary: https://thebronconation.com/badlands-vs-wildtrak/
OKSTATE1010

Rank V

Jul 02, 2021

The Wildtrak isn't mechanically different than any other trim with Sasquatch. It's basically a cosmetic package.

Life is a Highway

Jul 02, 2021

You are pretty much spot on

Gladesmen

Jul 02, 2021

Wildtrack is the only Trim package that gives you the Bronco Camo seats. those are pretty cool.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
DRWright, Buckin'

Rank VI

Jul 02, 2021

One interesting Wildtrak tidbit, it's the only trim that can OPTION into full vehicle bash plates. On Badlands, FE, and BD they're standard and on OBX, Base, and BB you can't get 'em.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram
DRWright, SlashRacer

Rank V

Jul 02, 2021

Wildtrack is the only Trim package that gives you the Bronco Camo seats. those are pretty cool.
Those seats get a lot of hate but I love them
DRWright, Jakob1972

Rank VI

Jul 04, 2021

One interesting Wildtrak tidbit, it's the only trim that can OPTION into full vehicle bash plates. On Badlands, FE, and BD they're standard and on OBX, Base, and BB you can't get 'em.

I had a Sas BD, then at my dealer I saw the bigger display and new it was for me. You can not get the high package on the BD. So, with the WT equipped with the armor, bumper, high, tow, 6cyl etc the same as I had the BD. It cost $1200 more to have the high package but I don’t get the MGV. Otherwise it’s the same vehicle. So I made the change to a WT.
once that was done I started building a badlands the same. It would be about $4k more. With my budget already stretched. I am sitting waiting for the WT. the difference is the MGV and disconnect. Haven’t needed a disconnect before so I am ok not having one some time after I get an email and stop drinking every Thursday.
DRWright, SlashRacer

Rank V

Jul 08, 2021

Those seats get a lot of hate but I love them

I actually didn't like them much at first, but, they've really started to grow on me.
2dr Badlands, Velocity Blue, Lux Package, Squatch
DRWright, TK1215

Knows the cheat code.

Jul 08, 2021

The Wildtrak isn't mechanically different than any other trim with Sasquatch. It's basically a cosmetic package.

Besides the GOAT modes, the Badlands is the only model to offer the stay bar disconnect. You can't get the marine grade seats in the Wildtrack.

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 12.03.12 PM.png
"Just because you don't understand it don't mean it don't make no sense."
TK1215, SlashRacer

Rank II

Jul 08, 2021

Could try this although it's not a matrix that lines everything up as well...

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/compare-models/#badlands|wildtrak
TK1215

Rank VI

Jul 08, 2021

WT has gloss black wheels, grill, side mirrors and Bronco on tailgate. Also comes standard with sas, 2.7, has the sport mode and has available steel bumper and bash plates. It has body colored door handles as well. Unless you have to have the stab bar diso or MGV, the WT is the way to go.
DRWright, TK1215

Road trip!!!

Jul 21, 2021

Yesterday was the first time I saw a WildTrak in person. I actually got to drive it. One thing I really liked and it’s available on most trims, are the running boards. Running boards made a huge difference on getting in and out of a bronco with SAS. I sat in other vehicles that have SAS, but this was the first one I have been in that had the running boards.

I have a Badlands on order, but will be replacing the rock rails with a rock rail/step combo when they become available in the aftermarket.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
ZA-Val, DRWright

Libations MOD

Jul 21, 2021

I have a Badlands on order, but will be replacing the rock rails with a rock rail/step combo when they become available in the aftermarket.
I ditched my steps on my WT and going with Rock Slide Engineering!
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
SlashRacer, TK1215

Rank II

Jul 21, 2021

I got to drive a badlands, non SAS, with rock rails, yesterday and my wife who is 5'1" will need running boards (we ordered). With SAS on the WT it will be another inch step so glad we got the boards. I think it also saves seat cushions to not be sliding on the seat edge. After driving the Badlands that was a 2.3 L I am so excited for delivery. Fingers cx'd it still happens in August
Deano Bronc, SlashRacer

Road trip!!!

Jul 21, 2021

I think it also saves seat cushions to not be sliding on the seat edge.
That is my other concern about not having steps. Everyone that gets in and out will slide across the seat edge.
TK1215, Deano Bronc

Road trip!!!

Jul 21, 2021

I ditched my steps on my WT and going with Rock Slide Engineering!
I looked them up and watched a video on those, but wonder how well they will work when everything is iced over from our Michigan winters?
TK1215

Knows the cheat code.

Jul 21, 2021

This would imply that the Black Diamond has the stay bar disconnect. Rock mode.

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 10.09.30 AM.png
"Just because you don't understand it don't mean it don't make no sense."
TK1215

Rank VI

Jul 21, 2021

I agree! Many people didn't even mention them but I think the Camo seats are so cool! I'm glad I chose them as it looks like my build will be even more rare since everyone is going leather or MGV.

I like your taste :)
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Jakob1972, TK1215