Un impressed. Pros and Cons

69BroncoKK
May 25, 2022

Rank 0

May 25, 2022

Cons: After almost 2 years of waiting for my Wildtrak. I traded in my 2021 Rubicon 2 dr, which I am currently regretting. The technology hype is really just that, hype. I expected more from Ford. The medium sandstone with black onyx interior has a very bland and dull look. I had more storage options in my 2 dr Rubicon than the Wildtrak. Sync 4 uses Bluetooth which means automatic link all the time, unless you turn off bluetooth on your phone. I can't make a phone call on my phone and have music on at the same time? Or am I missing something? It's annoying. Only one color theme, blue, unless you change GOAT mode. Ford, can you give us more options in the next version update of Synch 4? The MAP appearence looks like my 5 year old drew it out. It's 2022, could you put some detail in the MAP, make it look like a GPS navigation MAP, so we don't have to mount an iPAD on the dash and use an APP! No USB port inside the center console? Center console only has one compartment and a small tray. If you can't make the rear seats fold down flush with the rear deck, make them removable like the Wrangler. Lastly for now, even with the sound deadening material, it's still noisier than my Rubicon soft top. There's a whistle noise coming from where the top of the windshield meets the roof line. The windows rattle if they're only half way down at higher speeds. Who were the Beta testers on this project? Ok, enough whining.
Pros:
The powertrain is impressive, and clearly the options for different modes of performance and terrain are as I expected. The stance is eye catching for sure. I do like the look the Bronco. Accessory switches prewired is nice.
67476434033__4A930D19-F610-42B8-9C61-2D71B2C69423.jpeg
Smoothmove, DadChris44
Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2022

Rank VI

May 25, 2022

Sorry it’s not measuring up. It’s a good looking Bronco
Member # 5650 / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Toronado, Jruta

Rank V

May 25, 2022

'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery
Bronco1984, Toronado

Rank VI

May 25, 2022

I found a vanity plate for you to slap on your "unimpressive" Wildtrak:
LP-8822.jpg
Toronado, Nminus1

Burrito Connoisseur

May 25, 2022

To be honest, I agree that the technology is largely just hype. The 360 degree trail cameras, for example, seem really cool at first… but after playing around with them for a bit I quickly realized they would rarely get used. Big reason why I skipped the equipment packages altogether, technology just didn’t seem worth it at all. I did recently add the Mid package to my order, but I may ultimately remove it. There was a few “nice-to-haves” in the Mid package, and my wife loves heated seats, but I could probably put the money to better use, and if I find out that the Mid package is delaying orders I am instantly removing it.

Beyond that, I do think it is a better overall vehicle than the Wrangler. It rides a lot better, it is WAY more comfortable, and the styling is a lot more appealing to me. But I fully admit a lot of that is subjective personal-opinion sorta stuff. So to each their own… I am just not a Jeep person. I know the Wrangler is seen as the main competitor to the Bronco, but if the Bronco wasn’t available I’d probably buy a 4Runner long before I consider buying a Wrangler.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
2saddlepony, Darrel

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

May 25, 2022

I'm sorry that you're disappointed by some aspects of your new Bronco. It's a drag because you waited so long to take delivery. That said, I hope the things you do like continue to impress you and that other things will grow on you over time. It sure does look like an awesome rig!
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Hans, Darrel

Rank V

May 25, 2022

Shouldn't have any trouble selling it.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Bronco1984, Toronado

Rank III

May 25, 2022

Cons: After almost 2 years of waiting for my Wildtrak. I traded in my 2021 Rubicon 2 dr, which I am currently regretting. The technology hype is really just that, hype. I expected more from Ford. The medium sandstone with black onyx interior has a very bland and dull look. I had more storage options in my 2 dr Rubicon than the Wildtrak. Sync 4 uses Bluetooth which means automatic link all the time, unless you turn off bluetooth on your phone. I can't make a phone call on my phone and have music on at the same time? Or am I missing something? It's annoying. Only one color theme, blue, unless you change GOAT mode. Ford, can you give us more options in the next version update of Synch 4? The MAP appearence looks like my 5 year old drew it out. It's 2022, could you put some detail in the MAP, make it look like a GPS navigation MAP, so we don't have to mount an iPAD on the dash and use an APP! No USB port inside the center console? Center console only has one compartment and a small tray. If you can't make the rear seats fold down flush with the rear deck, make them removable like the Wrangler. Lastly for now, even with the sound deadening material, it's still noisier than my Rubicon soft top. There's a whistle noise coming from where the top of the windshield meets the roof line. The windows rattle if they're only half way down at higher speeds. Who were the Beta testers on this project? Ok, enough whining.
Pros:
The powertrain is impressive, and clearly the options for different modes of performance and terrain are as I expected. The stance is eye catching for sure. I do like the look the Bronco. Accessory switches prewired is nice.
View attachment 36528
Thanks for the honest write up. I’m kinda questioning taking delivery of mine after hearing so many problems. Especially the wind noise. I drive an old ’88 YJ with a hard top so I don’t think it could get louder. But, I’m reading posts everywhere that the Bronco hard top squeaks, whines, and whistles! Total BS for a new, $60k car for my tastes. Would really love to test drive one but there’s none around! I’ve been seriously looking at Jeep’s...I love em, know what they’re about, and they’re tried and true. Trying not to sound like an old man, But it’s 2022..even in 2020 when these were to come out, how in the hell can Ford fail at a hard top design so badly?
ChickasawNDN, AcesandEights

Rank III

May 25, 2022

Sorry to hear your Bronco is not to your expectations. I test drove a Rubicon as I’m getting impatient, and gotta say all the things you’ve complained about with the Bronco, I found issue on with the Rubicon. It was noisy, slower than hell and drove horrendously. Tiny interior, zero tech amenities that made any reasonable sense, horribly uncomfortable seats, just overall not good. Granted, it was a few years old but yeah. I may test drive a 2022 Rubicon Unlimited as a fair comparison, but so far the Bronco has been considerably better for me in every avenue.
2022 2023 Badlands 4D | Shadow Black | MIC | 2.7L | Sasquatch | Lux Package | MOD Bumpers | Order Date: 10/19/21
Toronado, Darrel

Rank VI

May 25, 2022

I’m not a Jeep fan. I drove several over the years. I thought they were all under powered, the interiors were bare and the stereos were bad. On top of that, they drove rough and we’re super loud inside. I could never understand why they didn’t make any marked improvements in those areas over the past few decades.. I believe Jeep got lazy. They didn’t have any direct competition. Ford is going to force them to make a better Jeep. Jeep fans should be thrilled. Competition is always a good thing.
timhood, Darrel

Road trip!!!

May 25, 2022

I have a Badlands with the MIC top, but no roof rack. I have no noise coming from the front edge. Have you removed or reseated the front panels?

Even my wife’s 2016 Acadia cuts out the radio when you have a phone call.

I agree on the maps being plain, but when I use CarPlay and imaps, they look just like the do on my phone. BTW….I use onyxoff With carplay And the maps look great! No iPad needed.

There is a power plug in the center console. USB port on the back of it, wireless charger and USB port in front of the shifter(LUX package), and USB ports on the dash. How manyUSB ports do you need?
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
WhiteWalker, ChetC

May 25, 2022

Always appreciate an honest review. Sucks that it wasn’t what you were hoping for. I think there are some fixes out there on adding padding to the hard top to help with the seal. Haven’t researched it much since I got the hard top. I also think you’re going to get some negative feedback on posts like these since a lot of people here are still waiting for theirs and have been for a long time. If you ask around, you may find solutions to some these problems by way of aftermarket fixes.
2022 Big Bend, 4 door, Cactus Grey, on 285/70/17 KO2s
ChuckO

Rank III

May 25, 2022

So I own a 2019 Jeep Sahara; well, I make payments on it but its my sons graduation present that he got in 2020,, but I digress.

The Bronco is way better on road at any speed than the Jeep. Not even comparable. As for the technology, I might be in the minority but I don’t listen to the radio while on a phone call. I mean why? As for the navigation, if it gets me from point a to b, it worked. I am not looking for a work of art here, it is functional, that’s all care about. I did think the amount of USB ports was impressive as I am coming from a 2018 Toyota Sequoia TRD that was loaded with storage space…which I do think Ford could have done storage better.
Finally, the tops. I don’t have a Mic so I don't know but the taking apart of a softop seem like this could have done better but then Jeep has muck more experience with this. What struck me with the Jeep was most of the fuses in the Jeep were not completely seated. I guess it was a Friday 4PM build before a major holiday weekend.
2022 murdered OBX SAS
NavPatriot, SuperMike

Rank IV

May 25, 2022

but if the Bronco wasn’t available I’d probably buy a 4Runner long before I consider buying a Wrangler.

Wranglers are not for everyone (I've had 3) and there are days you love them and days you hate them. I sold my JK in January and I do miss it, I was under the impression I would not see my bronco till end of this year so I bought a 4runner to hold me over, knowing it would hold its value and in case I decided to "throw in the towel" on the bronco, it was a sharp looking SUV. When i got my build date 7 months early and it was actually built, I panicked and sold 4R and got all my down payment money back, drove it for 3 months and put 4K miles on it. All these rigs have there ups and downs,

2019 4runner: PROS: holds value, drivetrains last for ever, and they are eye catching CONS: I hated the interior and tech "2019 with no carplay" and a 4 inch screen that you have to look down and to the right, and horrible MPG "my 2012 JK had 3" lift and 33" tires and got about the same MPG", top and doors do not come off.

2012 Wrangler: PROS: Also hold there value, Gives you a "hobby" "there is always something you can upgrade or FIX on a jeep", Doors and top come off, and fun to drive. CONS: MPG, under powered, Gives you a "hobby" "there is always something you can upgrade or FIX on a jeep",

2022 Bronco: I'm sure I will have PROS and CONS on it as well "if it ever get delivered"

Bottom line its all personal preference, the last 20 years of my life my daily drivers have been Boxy big rigs F150, H3, JK
SlashRacer, EvlNvrDys

Rank V

May 25, 2022

I have a Badlands with the MIC top, but no roof rack. I have no noise coming from the front edge. Have you removed or reseated the front panels?

Even my wife’s 2016 Acadia cuts out the radio when you have a phone call.

I agree on the maps being plain, but when I use CarPlay and imaps, they look just like the do on my phone. BTW….I use onyxoff With carplay And the maps look great! No iPad needed.

There is a power plug in the center console. USB port on the back of it, wireless charger and USB port in front of the shifter(LUX package), and USB ports on the dash. How manyUSB ports do you need?

Same here, the only wind noise we notice seems to come from the sides about half way back. From the front seats it sounds like it's behind us, from the rear seats it sounds like it's in front of us. One thing I've learned in my almost 49y on this Earth, folks in American can find 1001 ways to complain about first world only issues....
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
tzuercher, Darrel

Rank V

May 25, 2022

Same here, the only wind noise we notice seems to come from the sides about half way back. Front the front seats it sounds like it's behind us, from the rear seats it sounds like it's in front of us. One thing I've learned in my almost 49y on this Earth, folks in American can find 1001 ways to complain about first world only issues....

1,002 ways.... you forgot the comma.
2Dr Badlands, manual, 322A, Iconic Silver, baby seal leather seat covers, reserved 2-24-22, stickered/blend date 9/30/22
monica_mcgee, Darrel

Rank III

May 25, 2022

Pros:
View attachment 36528
Nice looking Rig!

Sorry to hear that you're not happy with your Bronco. This Forum is about opinions/impressions and honest feedback. I'm in the opposing camp from you. :) I've had 9 Jeeps in the past 25+ years (including 3 different Wranglers) and prefer the Bronco over the Wrangler all day.

A few things:
  • The Radio pausing play during a call is a feature, not a bug and fairly standard in most modern vehicles. I rented a car a few weeks ago where the stereo stayed muted until you put on your seatbelt. We'll continue to see more mandatory "safety" features roll out in our vehicles I'm afraid.
  • I love the display. The current Jeep 8.4" display has a low resolution screen and in my opinion, cartoonish/garish graphics. I also enjoy the FordPass app and find it quite useful.
  • The Bronco's highway manners are wonderful compared to a Wrangler that likes to wander all over the lanes.
  • I have a soft top, but agree and have know that Ford has some work to do with their hard top. Jeep's certainly ahead here.
  • The power plant (2.3L Turbo) is great. 300Hp and I'm getting over 21mpg! I did not expect that at all. We got 16mpg in our last Wrangler.
  • BOTH the Bronco and Wrangler have a fair amount of hard plastic in the dash, but they're also made to be "hosed down" and hardened for the elements.
  • I've got the Roast Leather seats in my Bronco and they are uber comfy and gorgeous.
As someone else said, you can certainly sell yours with ease if it's something you don't enjoy. Good luck!
2022 Outer Banks: Eruption Green, HD Modular Bumper, Roast Leather Seats, Mid Package, Soft Top, Accessory Switch Kit
RebeccaCooper, TangerineScream

Rank V

May 25, 2022

I have a 2dr Wildtrak and love everything about it so far. The only thing that I wish was different would be ability to open the rear glass without opening the swing gate.
Your panels are not seated right. I have the MIC top with roof racks and I have virtually no wind noise. I can not believe how quiet it is compared to the soft top on my BIg Bend.
As for the seats, you probably should have went with the OBX instead of the WT and spec’d it out like the WT and opted for the Roast or Navy Pier seats that have a bit more pizzaz, but that’s on you. Get some seat covers if you don’t like the black onyx and sandstone. Plus, you can get seat covers with molle option on the back for more storage options. Or, since you’ve already spent $50k plus, drop a couple thousand more go for some katzkin leather seats and get the color you like even with heated and AC options….have some fun and make it your own. I, however, like the black onyx with the digital camo pattern seats in the WT.
A small tray and only one compartment in the center console? Really? There are lots of console aftermarket options and molle side console attachments for more storage. Again, have some fun and make it your own.
You can change the map orientation (2d, 3d) and get different detail levels and orientations.
Can’t talk on the phone and listen to music? Is that even desirable……so one of the other. I don’t even know what to say about the blue tint to the display view. I guess I wish it had different colors?
These seem like such minor grievances. You really should just modify it to your liking or go get something else that will make you happy. You waited a while, I hope you choose the personalization option.
Darrel, SuperMike

Rank V

May 25, 2022

1,002 ways.... you forgot the comma.
I'm a math teacher and don't require my students to use them, so there you Wednesday morning whiner :p
MnLakeBum, Darrel

Rank V

May 25, 2022

I'm a math teacher and don't require my students to use them, so there you Wednesday morning whiner :p
Damn, now I have another complaint……
2Dr Badlands, manual, 322A, Iconic Silver, baby seal leather seat covers, reserved 2-24-22, stickered/blend date 9/30/22
Darrel, quornee