Lights (Lighting, Mods, and Aux Switch)

BRNCOOZ
Jun 21, 2022

Rank V

Jun 21, 2022

Has anyone installed any light mounts and lights near the mirrors, light bar in or near the grill, or light bar on top of the windshield? If so howd you recommend I go about doing that
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2022

Rank V

Jun 21, 2022

I have installed the ditch/mirror pod lights and modular steel bumper fog light kit on my wildtrak. I used the zroadz mirror/ditch light kit and the front bumper fog light kit. Very nice kits.

The mirror/ditch lights have a solid bracket to mount in the Ford provided locations by the mirrors. I used the number 3 auxiliary switch (10 amp) to wire the lights.

The fog light kit also has a solid bracket set up that fits the modular bumper in the Ford provided mounting points. I used the number 2 auxiliary switch (15 amp) for this set up because there are 6 pod lights.

Buying a well made kit will make the install a breeze. Good luck.

Attachments

2022 Wildtrak 2.7 fully loaded
AuBronco, adcam

Rank 0

Jul 06, 2022

I have installed the ditch/mirror pod lights and modular steel bumper fog light kit on my wildtrak. I used the zroadz mirror/ditch light kit and the front bumper fog light kit. Very nice kits.

The mirror/ditch lights have a solid bracket to mount in the Ford provided locations by the mirrors. I used the number 3 auxiliary switch (10 amp) to wire the lights.

The fog light kit also has a solid bracket set up that fits the modular bumper in the Ford provided mounting points. I used the number 2 auxiliary switch (15 amp) for this set up because there are 6 pod lights.

Buying a well made kit will make the install a breeze. Good luck.
@banter83 , I just ordered the zroadz mirror ditch light kit and front bumper kit as well. Can you post some pics or specifics on your wiring process? I read the install directions from the zroadz website and it is fairly vague regarding the Bronco install specifically. I just want to make sure everything is installed the right way.

Rank V

Jul 06, 2022

I will pull some together and post.
huntark22

Life is a Highway

Jul 06, 2022

Deano Bronc, huntark22

Home, home on the range

Jul 06, 2022

I installed the Bronco letter lights from Oracle. It wasn't hard at all. There is a wire that comes out near the hood latch under the hood that is run to the back of the Bronco so you only need to run the wire for the lights to that point, ground to a convenient spot, and hook the wire in the back to whatever switch you want. I used aux 6. Works great!
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
huntark22, Bschurr

Rank VI

Jul 06, 2022

I installed the Bronco letter lights from Oracle. It wasn't hard at all. There is a wire that comes out near the hood latch under the hood that is run to the back of the Bronco so you only need to run the wire for the lights to that point, ground to a convenient spot, and hook the wire in the back to whatever switch you want. I used aux 6. Works great!
I did that for my fog lights.20220423_092128.jpg
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
Sdakotabronco, Bschurr

Rank V

Jul 07, 2022

@banter83 , I just ordered the zroadz mirror ditch light kit and front bumper kit as well. Can you post some pics or specifics on your wiring process? I read the install directions from the zroadz website and it is fairly vague regarding the Bronco install specifically. I just want to make sure everything is installed the right way.
Each kit comes with a wire harness. You need to remove the relay, switch, and inline fuse. All you need are the wires/connectors that connect to the lights, and the red power wire and black ground wire.

After mounting your lights route the red and black wires to the driver side rear section of the engine compartment. This is where the aux switch wires are located (see pic). Reference the Ford wire color chart (see pic) choose the wire color for the aux switch you want to use. (You can see in the pic I used the wires for the #2 and #3 aux switch.)

Connect the red wire to the wire you chose above, and ground the black wire. Your lights are ready to use.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it turned out or if you need any help. Thanks

Attachments

huntark22, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jul 07, 2022

I did that for my fog lights.View attachment 39202
Where did you get the hood rock deflector? I got one from Weathertech and wound up not installing it as it looks terrible. Thanks

Rank 0

Jul 07, 2022

Each kit comes with a wire harness. You need to remove the relay, switch, and inline fuse. All you need are the wires/connectors that connect to the lights, and the red power wire and black ground wire.

After mounting your lights route the red and black wires to the driver side rear section of the engine compartment. This is where the aux switch wires are located (see pic). Reference the Ford wire color chart (see pic) choose the wire color for the aux switch you want to use. (You can see in the pic I used the wires for the #2 and #3 aux switch.)

Connect the red wire to the wire you chose above, and ground the black wire. Your lights are ready to use.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it turned out or if you need any help. Thanks
Thanks for the follow up!
banter83

Rank I

Rank VI

Jul 07, 2022

Where did you get the hood rock deflector? I got one from Weathertech and wound up not installing it as it looks terrible. Thanks
I used my ford pass points for it. I got the corner protectors as well
2021 4 door Badlands Sasquatch, Rapid red. 2.7, high package. Reserved on 07-19-2020, ordered 01-20-2021, delivered 12-05-2021
TK1215

Rank V

Jul 08, 2022

I used my for

I used my ford pass points for it. I got the corner protectors as well
Thanks