Two weeks, two problems (so far)

Jruta
May 24, 2022

Rank II

May 24, 2022

Hi all, got my my22 about two weeks ago, immediately began having problems with it (electronics) not shutting down after engine is shut off. Radio/headlights will remain on as of there were a key in the ignition.
No, I didn’t accidentally bump the headlight controls with my knee.

Whats worse is, my truck had been parked and locked for an hour or so, and as I’msitting outside the head/tail lights come on out of nowhere! Key fob in the house.
The other, less worrisome issue is the start/stop eco thing doesn’t work consistently, it’s as if I’d pushed the start/stop override button.

I searched the Internet and not much came up on this for full sized bronco (some for the sport, but no clear resolution)

Anyone else having this problem?!
TitsLaRue, Big Papa
Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2022

Rank VI

May 24, 2022

A faulty battery or battery connection can do some strange things. Check to see if the terminals tight and run by the parts store and have them check the battery
Member # 5650 / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
rws, Jruta

Rank II

May 24, 2022

A faulty battery or battery connection can do some strange things. Check to see if the terminals tight and run by the parts store and have them check the battery
Thanks, will check that first thing in the morning. I’m hoping the battery is good - this thing is brand new lol. I know they sat for a while awaiting chips and stuff…

Rank III

May 24, 2022

The first reply sound correct about the lights. The start/stop eco function only works if the battery is fully charged. It won’t shut off if there is not enough power to restart. Which means you only may have one problem.
LR48, Jruta

Rank II

May 24, 2022

The first reply sound correct about the lights. The start/stop eco function only works if the battery is fully charged. It won’t shut off if there is not enough power to restart. Which means you only may have one problem.
Thank you. I didn’t realize that. However it’s now (next day) functioning as it should (start/stop) yet the “system” not shutting down as it should, and lights coming on while it’s parked have not.
Strange because it’s not reproducible and seems to happen mainly after sundown (and I’ve been conscious of it during the daylight. I’ll have to check battery connections tomorrow, but seeing as this is a two week old vehicle, I think I’ll dump it in the dealers lap to start with
AD BRONCO

Rank V

May 24, 2022

If the headlights wont turn off push the lock button twice on your keyfob until the horn honks. Then unlock. It should go away.

Buy a "auto stop eliminator". That might help you auto start/stop issue beyond turning it off using the button on dash.
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
Jruta

Rank II

May 24, 2022

Hi, yep tried double click on the fob, , getting IN bronc, brake pedal etc… no go. I actually have to turn the headlight switch to OFF (after I wake it up for a few spins)

I’m less concerned about auto stop/start (I hate it anyway lol)

Rank II

May 24, 2022

If the headlights wont turn off push the lock button twice on your keyfob until the horn honks. Then unlock. It should go away.

Buy a "auto stop eliminator". That might help you auto start/stop issue beyond turning it off using the button on dash.
(Apologies, phone died during my reply- see below)

the issue is WHY would the trucks electrical system “come to life” and hour after is was “successfully” shut down.
Makes zero sense. My guess is faulty chip that were no-doubt rushed into production.
MarkPS

Road trip!!!

May 24, 2022

(Apologies, phone died during my reply- see below)

the issue is WHY would the trucks electrical system “come to life” and hour after is was “successfully” shut down.
Makes zero sense. My guess is faulty chip that were no-doubt rushed into production.
Are you sure the headlights weren't on the whole time?

I have a similar issue on my 21. My lights and dash stayed on one time when I went into store. I thought they would shut off after a minute or two......Nope. Sometimes my display and dash stays lit up after I shut it off. Usually I just start the bronco and shut it off again and everything turns off. I haven't brought it into the dealership to have it looked at.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
14U, Jruta

Rank II

May 24, 2022

Are you sure the headlights weren't on the whole time?

I have a similar issue on my 21. My lights and dash stayed on one time when I went into store. I thought they would shut off after a minute or two......Nope. Sometimes my display and dash stays lit up after I shut it off. Usually I just start the bronco and shut it off again and everything turns off. I haven't brought it into the dealership to have it looked at.
Definitely not on the whole time. I’d parked/locked it, everything was completely off and some hour or so later BING. Truck lights up as if I’d hit unlock. Mind you, when it won’t shut down the way it’s supposed to (when parking the vehicle) the chimes will not stop. This is how I can predict now if it will work correctly.

Very strange and sporadic behavior with this thing
SlashRacer

Rank V

May 24, 2022

Hi all, got my my22 about two weeks ago, immediately began having problems with it (electronics) not shutting down after engine is shut off. Radio/headlights will remain on as of there were a key in the ignition.
No, I didn’t accidentally bump the headlight controls with my knee.

Whats worse is, my truck had been parked and locked for an hour or so, and as I’msitting outside the head/tail lights come on out of nowhere! Key fob in the house.
The other, less worrisome issue is the start/stop eco thing doesn’t work consistently, it’s as if I’d pushed the start/stop override button.

I searched the Internet and not much came up on this for full sized bronco (some for the sport, but no clear resolution)

Anyone else having this problem?!
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
the poacher, thgdfathr

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

May 24, 2022

If all else fails, I can recommend a good exorcist. :eek:
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
the poacher, SCBronco1

Rank II

May 24, 2022

If all else fails, I can recommend a good exorcist. :eek:

Rank II

May 24, 2022

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
Sent. Thanks

Rank IV

May 24, 2022

Low battery State Of Charge could definitely be the cause of the Auto Stop Start not working, it could be causing your other issues, but I haven't seen those issues specifically. All new vehicles rely on a healthy battery to not have strange electrical issues. Have your dealer test your battery when you take it in for your symptoms. They should do it anyway, but you never know.
Jruta

Rank V

May 24, 2022

Thanks, will check that first thing in the morning. I’m hoping the battery is good - this thing is brand new lol. I know they sat for a while awaiting chips and stuff…
No, what you want is a loose terminal or a bad battery. That's an E-Z fix.
2Dr Badlands, manual, 322A, Iconic Silver, baby seal leather seat covers, reserved 2-24-22, stickered/blend date 9/30/22
TitsLaRue, Last Ride Bronco

Rank II

May 24, 2022

No, what you want is a loose terminal or a bad battery. That's an E-Z fix.
Agreed
WhiteWalker

Knows the cheat code.

May 24, 2022

On your dash, you should be able to select a screen that shows you voltage. That might narrow down the battery question. Your local auto parts store should be able to test it for you.
"Just because you don't understand it don't mean it don't make no sense."
Jruta, MarkPS

Rank II

May 24, 2022

On your dash, you should be able to select a screen that shows you voltage. That might narrow down the battery question. Your local auto parts store should be able to test it for you.
Thanks I will try to view that
EZAPAR

Rank IV

May 24, 2022

Be aware that there is more to it than the Volt gauge on the dash will show. The Body Control Module uses a Battery Monitoring Sensor to keep an eye on charge and discharge rates while engine is running and for a period of time after shut down. The system voltage with the engine running is dependent on the charging system and not so much the battery. The parts store test may or may not be valid, partly because of the AGM battery. The battery tester that is used by the dealer can take up to an hour or a little more to fully check the battery. If it's bad, you'll get a new one free under warranty and the dealer will reset the Battery Monitor in the Body Control Module so you won't have future false warnings for battery/charging system issues.
MarkPS, Jruta