2023 Bronco Order Guide -- what's new, what's gone

Laura
Sep 19, 2022
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 19, 2022

Attachments

2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Howdy, JIOxfordWhite
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2022

Rank V

Sep 19, 2022

I need more info on this "gunner's hatch" you speak of for the 2dr Mod top.
On Order, 11/15/21: MY22 Badlands 2-dr, Carb Gray, 2.3L, 7spd, SAS, Lux Reorder, 9/23/22: MY23, dropped tow.
Sche'd Production: 11/28/22, Modules Live: 11/30/22. Delivered 12/02/22.
Touron, Brewster Da Bronco

Rank I

Sep 19, 2022

Laura, I can probably put my new wants in the system for my reservation of 1/15/21, but i need to know how much I'll get in price protection and how you use it. I have to change Cyber Orange to another color (no Black for me). I'm keeping the same series, door, 4x4 and equipment packages. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Geno.
Tammy, Laura

Rank V

Sep 19, 2022

@Laura the Mod top was shown to have removeable windows way back in some of the videos done in 2020 or 2021. Is that still part of the package for the mod top?? Also, I dont see the black Mod top as an option. Am I missing it or is it only going to be available in White and one Heritage versions?

so far I am feeling rather screwed. been waiting 2 years for a CO 2D Badlands Squatch. 2021 the painted Mod top was not available (I dont like the MIC) and so I figured as my reward of having to wait SO long I would finally in 2023 get that painted mod top. And yeah so unhappy to see CO yanked from me as well instead of held onto for even part of the year for any who had waited as long or longer to be fulfilled.

Deano Bronc, BuckYeah

Rank V

Sep 19, 2022

Sorry, @Laura,

thank you for posting this!!!!
Laura

Grumpy Young Man

Burrito Connoisseur

Sep 19, 2022

Mid package standard on Heritage—sweet! @Garemlin … I suspect that will now be the cheapest way to get the Mid package with the manual transmission.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Garemlin, Mikes2021Bronco
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 19, 2022

When will pricing be made available?
likely when the FAQs update later this week. Looked back over my communications and see the FAQs won't be going today.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Deano Bronc, bronco11

Grumpy Young Man

Sep 19, 2022

likely when the FAQs update later this week. Looked back over my communications and see the FAQs won't be going today.
I would assume it would be made available by 9/21?
Laura
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 19, 2022

@Laura the Mod top was shown to have removeable windows way back in some of the videos done in 2020 or 2021. Is that still part of the package for the mod top?? Also, I dont see the black Mod top as an option. Am I missing it or is it only going to be available in White and one Heritage versions?

so far I am feeling rather screwed. been waiting 2 years for a CO 2D Badlands Squatch. 2021 the painted Mod top was not available (I dont like the MIC) and so I figured as my reward of having to wait SO long I would finally in 2023 get that painted mod top. And yeah so unhappy to see CO yanked from me as well instead of held onto for even part of the year for any who had waited as long or longer to be fulfilled.

There was talk of the Shadow Black painted Modular Hard Top launching with the MY23 ordering, but it seems Ford isn't ready to push that since it's not in the guide. The top (Heritage's White or this future Shadow Black) should still have the removable windows, but we didn't test that in the video. The guide does list a panel bag for the 2-door mod top gunner hatch, which has always been the plan, so I'm pretty confident that the mod top has removable windows. Forgive me for not thinking to actually look at the top every time I've been around the Heritage and Limited.
Rhiostatic, BuckYeah
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 19, 2022

Laura, I can probably put my new wants in the system for my reservation of 1/15/21, but i need to know how much I'll get in price protection and how you use it. I have to change Cyber Orange to another color (no Black for me). I'm keeping the same series, door, 4x4 and equipment packages. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Geno.
I don't have answers yet, but we should see the FAQs soon, and we are planning another livestream with Matt and/or Alison of the Bronco team for things you all want further clarification on.
BuckYeah
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 19, 2022

I need more info on this "gunner's hatch" you speak of for the 2dr Mod top.
I'm not sure if it was Ford or the community who dubbed it this, but there's a porthole in the 2-door clamshell. We've seen it on the overlanding build at the first Super Cel West, and it's showed up as that vehicle was repurposed at SEMA last year, etc.
TEEDEE, WhiskeyCity

This is me in my happy place...

Sep 19, 2022

Mid package standard on Heritage—sweet! @Garemlin … I suspect that will now be the cheapest way to get the Mid package with the manual transmission.
Heritage being cheap? I figured the world would go stupid over those, unless you have an msrp dealer. And since they get to pick the buyer. Not sure how easy they will be able to come by. Is the regular Heritage limited to 1966 or no?
2023 Wildtrak, Iconic Silver, Hard top, ordered 10/5, built 12/13, delivered 1/18

Burrito Connoisseur

Sep 19, 2022

Heritage being cheap? I figured the world would go stupid over those, unless you have an msrp dealer. And since they get to pick the buyer. Not sure how easy they will be able to come by. Is the regular Heritage limited to 1966 or no?
The Heritage is just generally available to anyone (as far as we know). Supposed to be priced mid-$40k, and since it doesn’t have sway-bar disconnect or HOSS 3.0 a lot of folks will probably find it undesirable.

The Heritage Limited is the one based on Badlands and those things are going to be super overpriced and practically impossible to get since those are production limited.
Deano Bronc, Mikes2021Bronco

Sep 19, 2022

The Heritage is just generally available to anyone (as far as we know). Supposed to be priced mid-$40k, and since it doesn’t have sway-bar disconnect or HOSS 3.0 a lot of folks will probably find it undesirable.

The Heritage Limited is the one based on Badlands and those things are going to be super overpriced and practically impossible to get since those are production limited.
My apologies, Thanks for the heads up. I guess with all the info, I had either heard or assumed both were limited to 1966, but now that I think about it.. was it (1966 2door) (1966 4door) In the HL ?
One great thing about my dealer, is the one HL he is guaranteed (per Matt W) .. will be at MSRP.. So one of his customers is going to be happy. I'm not interested in either..

EDIT: ITS 1966 EACH MODEL YEAR
2023 Wildtrak, Iconic Silver, Hard top, ordered 10/5, built 12/13, delivered 1/18
RagnarKon

Rank IV

Sep 19, 2022

My guess about the black modular top not being mentioned right now is they aren't confident on being able to meet the demand it'll have and want to make sure they have enough 'supply' for the standard Heritage and Heritage Limited. (MiC 1.0 flashbacks)

I also think they put the Standard Heritage on on the Big Bend model with the not so great color choices to also help curve the modular top demand.

I'm also thinking around 23.5 M.Y time frame, they'll add the Modular top as late availability (Q4) along with any special colors or edition/editions they have planned.
Laura

Sep 19, 2022

Can anyone explain the HYPE with the MOD TOP? Besides it being factory paintable. I have not kept up with it enough to know, OBVIOUSLY...:oops: I'm pretty sure Ford is going to charge a PREMIUM for it.
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 19, 2022

Can anyone explain the HYPE with the MOD TOP? Besides it being factory paintable. I have not kept up with it enough to know, OBVIOUSLY...:oops: I'm pretty sure Ford is going to charge a PREMIUM for it.
You can take the rear windows out. Who doesn't like a healthy breeze and want a closer-to-soft-top experience? Some feel it looks more premium vs the MIC, too.
Mikes2021Bronco

Burrito Connoisseur

Sep 19, 2022

My guess about the black modular top not being mentioned right now is they aren't confident on being able to meet the demand it'll have and want to make sure they have enough 'supply' for the standard Heritage and Heritage Limited. (MiC 1.0 flashbacks)

I also think they put the Standard Heritage on on the Big Bend model with the not so great color choices to also help curve the modular top demand.

I'm also thinking around 23.5 M.Y time frame, they'll add the Modular top as late availability (Q4) along with any special colors or edition/editions they have planned.
Yeah I agree… but it leaves a lot of long-time reservation holders in quite a pickle.

Many have been waiting until 2023 for the black Mod top. 2023MY is here and Ford clearly has no inclination to extend the reservation system into 2024, so it kind of leaves those people holding out for a Mod top in a rough spot. Orders are supposed to be in by mid-November, so it’s going to be real painful if someone gives up waiting and submits their order to meet the deadline only to have Ford announce the black Mod hard tops in spring 2023.
Deano Bronc, Mikes2021Bronco
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 19, 2022

Yeah I agree… but it leaves a lot of long-time reservation holders in quite a pickle.

Many have been waiting until 2023 for the black Mod top. 2023MY is here and Ford clearly has no inclination to extend the reservation system into 2024, so it puts those reservation holders in a rough spot. Orders are supposed to be in by mid-November, so it’s going to be real painful if someone gives up waiting and submits their order to meet the deadline only to have Ford announce the black Mod hard tops in spring 2023.
Can people convert their reservation and confirm/update their order to clear the Nov 21 deadline but 99 until mod tops?
1TNgirl, Rhiostatic