Don't delete

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

That's what I figured. I'm just wondering why not.
I think they may have done it so people were not confused. I can see where people would be confused if it was lit up to be off or not lit to be on. When I see a switch lit up, I think of it as being on.

Last edited:

W8N4SNO

Rank 0

Advocate II

Apr 27, 2021
Nebraska
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Smith
Has anyone managed to get this problem resolved? I also have a 2022 2-Door Badlands Sasquatch Lux package 2.7 built around mid January 2022. The Traction Control Off button doesn't do anything whether I just press it or hold it. All the other Hero switch panel buttons work fine. I can switch to off-road GOAT modes and it will automatically turn off traction control and then I get the indicator in the cluster. It seems like the button maybe works, but the computer just doesn't recognize that it is being pressed or the software hasn't been assigned a function for that button. It looks like this must be a very specific issue to 2-Door Badlands only from what has been posted above. Hopefully it is just a software calibration issue and not a wiring or module issue.

Skeanse8

Rank III

Advocate II

Dec 4, 2021
Cleveland Ohio
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Skeans
Member #

Took my 22 black diamond 2dr to dealer for this traction control issue and they couldn’t figure it out. They want me to leave it for a week so they can virtually diagnose it with engineering. Offer up a whopping $35/day for rental car reimbursement. Gonna do this soon I’ll keep you posted

Attachments

Skeanse8

Rank III

Advocate II

Dec 4, 2021
Cleveland Ohio
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Skeans
Member #

Took my 22 black diamond 2dr to dealer for this traction control issue and they couldn’t figure it out. They want me to leave it for a week so they can virtually diagnose it with engineering. Offer up a whopping $35/day for rental car reimbursement. Gonna do this soon I’ll keep you posted
Wasn’t the switch according to service manager

NT AUTOMOTIVE

Rank V

Don't delete

Jan 7, 2022
California, USA
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
DeRossett
Mine works per the manual. Momentary for TC off, hold for SC off (even get a time down bar on the screen).

Normal goat? Maybe some goats prevent changes?

View attachment 28284View attachment 28285
So you hold it down to deactivate advancetrac? What is the difference here vs just turning off traction control with a quick push? Does advancetrac only turn off in normal goat mode?

Shoresy

Rank VI

Champion I

Nov 21, 2021
Arvada, CO, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Leoni
Member #

So you hold it down to deactivate advancetrac? What is the difference here vs just turning off traction control with a quick push? Does advancetrac only turn off in normal goat mode?
My simple understanding is that traction control largely exists to minimize individual wheel slip, while Advancetrac is a more comprehensive stability control to minimize under-/oversteer slides, rollovers, and such.

Id think of you wanted to drift your bronco, you’d need Advancetrac off!;)

not sure on goat mode impact, would think you could switch it off for anygoat…

Reactions: NT AUTOMOTIVE

Aksper

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jun 18, 2022
USA
First Name
dima
Last Name
zimba
Here it is better to the master. After all, there can be anything.

W8N4SNO

Rank 0

Advocate II

Apr 27, 2021
Nebraska
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Smith
So, my dealer replaced the complete Hero switch panel on top of the dash, but the Traction Control Off button still didn't work. I had also brought my Bronco in for a bigger issue though. I kept getting intermittent Parking Brake Fault Service Now warning messages on the cluster. Sometimes it would randomly pop up and go away multiple times while driving and other times it would pop up right away when I opened the door in the morning or afternoon to leave. I could start the engine, but the parking brake would not release on the right rear wheel. The parking brake light would just stay on when I tried to release it with the switch. I could tell it was the right rear wheel because of the way the vehicle would torque to the one side when I would try to back out of the garage, but wouldn't move backwards or forwards. I found that unhooking the battery for a while, hooking it back up, and activating and releasing the park brake switch a few times would sometimes reset it. If I forgot and accidently set the parking brake again later on, I would usually get the fault message and have to go through the whole reset process again.

The dealer made a case with Ford on it. At first they replaced the right rear parking brake actuator motor, but that did not fix it. Ford then said to start checking wiring because it is not sending voltage to that motor to release it. They determined it was the ABS module that was at fault. After waiting about a month for it to get off backorder, they got it replaced. The Parking Brake Fault message went away, but while talking with Ford, they did some continuity checks from the ABS module to the brake booster and did not like the readings they were getting, so they decided to order a brake booster as well. After close to another month waiting for that backorder, they got it replaced as well. Now the parking brake was working correctly and the tech said that he checked the Traction Control Off button and now that was working correctly as well. So, apparently that button is tied into the ABS module and/or brake booster and after replacing those, the problem got corrected even though they were replacing them to correct the parking brake issue.

So, if you are still having issues with the Traction Control Off button, unfortunately it might be a faulty ABS module and/or brake booster causing the issue, probably due to a faulty microchip. It is a pretty involved repair and parts backorders are the biggest issue. If you have had any random parking brake issues, then this is probably what the issue is. Ford is at least aware of the issue so your dealer should be able to start a case with Ford and they should point them in the right direction. I was also able to get the windshield adhesion recall done since that was released by Ford while the vehicle has been sitting at the dealer for close to 2 months. Sorry for the long reply and I wish I had better news, but I don't think this is going to be an easy repair for those of you with the Traction Control Off button issue.

Machz963

Rank 0

Advocate I

Feb 13, 2022
Detroit, MI, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Broad
This same thing is happening to me. The hero switch doesn't do anything in normal mode, whether you tap it, press it, hold it, hit it 23 times. In other GOAT modes traction control turns off with the mode setup but still nothing with the hero switch.

Really ANNOYING the hero switch does nothing. I see an ABS fault in FORScan that won’t trip check engine or computer, just registers. I’ll see if there is a code I can drop here.

I also have a 2 door badlands sasquatch 2.7tt. Our builds look almost exactly the same, except you have the LUX package and I have the HIGH.
Dealership fixed this with a control module software update. Easy.

Reactions: W8N4SNO

W8N4SNO

Rank 0

Advocate II

Apr 27, 2021
Nebraska
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Smith
Dealership fixed this with a control module software update. Easy.
Maybe when they were replacing modules on mine they installed some newer software updates, which is what actually fixed the Traction Control Off button issue in the process. Very interesting that it may have just been a software update for that. The parking brake issue I had, however, was a little deeper issue that I don't think an update could fix. For anyone else, definitely go the software update route first on the button issue before starting to replace parts. Thanks Machz963. I'm assuming your screen name is referring to a Ski-Doo Mach Z.