Don't delete

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

That's what I figured. I'm just wondering why not.
I think they may have done it so people were not confused. I can see where people would be confused if it was lit up to be off or not lit to be on. When I see a switch lit up, I think of it as being on.

Last edited:

W8N4SNO

Rank 0

Advocate I

Apr 27, 2021
Nebraska
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Smith
Has anyone managed to get this problem resolved? I also have a 2022 2-Door Badlands Sasquatch Lux package 2.7 built around mid January 2022. The Traction Control Off button doesn't do anything whether I just press it or hold it. All the other Hero switch panel buttons work fine. I can switch to off-road GOAT modes and it will automatically turn off traction control and then I get the indicator in the cluster. It seems like the button maybe works, but the computer just doesn't recognize that it is being pressed or the software hasn't been assigned a function for that button. It looks like this must be a very specific issue to 2-Door Badlands only from what has been posted above. Hopefully it is just a software calibration issue and not a wiring or module issue.

Skeanse8

Rank III

Advocate II

Dec 4, 2021
Cleveland Ohio
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Skeans
Member #

Took my 22 black diamond 2dr to dealer for this traction control issue and they couldn’t figure it out. They want me to leave it for a week so they can virtually diagnose it with engineering. Offer up a whopping $35/day for rental car reimbursement. Gonna do this soon I’ll keep you posted

Attachments

Skeanse8

Rank III

Advocate II

Dec 4, 2021
Cleveland Ohio
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Skeans
Member #

Took my 22 black diamond 2dr to dealer for this traction control issue and they couldn’t figure it out. They want me to leave it for a week so they can virtually diagnose it with engineering. Offer up a whopping $35/day for rental car reimbursement. Gonna do this soon I’ll keep you posted
Wasn’t the switch according to service manager

NT AUTOMOTIVE

Rank V

Don't delete

Jan 7, 2022
California, USA
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
DeRossett
Mine works per the manual. Momentary for TC off, hold for SC off (even get a time down bar on the screen).

Normal goat? Maybe some goats prevent changes?

View attachment 28284View attachment 28285
So you hold it down to deactivate advancetrac? What is the difference here vs just turning off traction control with a quick push? Does advancetrac only turn off in normal goat mode?

Shoresy

Rank VI

Champion I

Nov 21, 2021
Arvada, CO, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Leoni
Member #

So you hold it down to deactivate advancetrac? What is the difference here vs just turning off traction control with a quick push? Does advancetrac only turn off in normal goat mode?
My simple understanding is that traction control largely exists to minimize individual wheel slip, while Advancetrac is a more comprehensive stability control to minimize under-/oversteer slides, rollovers, and such.

Id think of you wanted to drift your bronco, you’d need Advancetrac off!;)

not sure on goat mode impact, would think you could switch it off for anygoat…

Reactions: NT AUTOMOTIVE

Aksper

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jun 18, 2022
USA
First Name
dima
Last Name
zimba
Here it is better to the master. After all, there can be anything.