Today at Bronco Nation - Tues., 3-29-22

Laura
Mar 29, 2022
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Mar 29, 2022

It's a video day!

@Rydfree posted the above video in the thread Would You Let Someone Else Jump Your Bronco? Of course, I had to watch. Then I had to make the tough call –– is it BN homepage newsworthy? Sure, it's worth a click, and yes, it potennntiallyyyyy could make owning a Bronco easier and more enjoyable (our filter through which I shift stories), but there were too many disclaimers. So you just enjoy it from the forums. And some of all y'all's wives are saints. Seems like the wild stuff is always done in their Broncos versus your own :unsure: :LOL:

A better video to highlight on the homepage is one that also directs some attention to you guys here and the Build Showcase. I pulled @B MIller's 2,500-Mile Road Trip review, because your fellow member has been putting some work in on his thread. I'd love to see more of you start your own –– I mention in the article we use the term "build" broadly, so don't feel like you have to already be cutting fenders and changing engines to qualify. The Bronco is a fine vehicle stock, and there's no race to the end: Take your time and thoughtfully build as it makes sense for your lifestyle and use. These threads are great records of what you've added when, and you may really help a community member out with your experience.

Additionally, I wanted to mention that we still have a few tent spots available at Bronco Basecamp in Moab. You can sign up here if you're interested. The tents are free to use, already set up and awaiting your arrival, and you may even feel the most glamorous you've ever felt in a tent before. But don't take my word for it, check out what our buddy Coop had to say:

2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
SlashRacer, SuperMike
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2022

Rank V

Feb 27, 2023

@ Laura

My name is Francis Goss a retired CPA and Banking director. As a new , lucky I thought Bronco owner, I have issues from rusted exterior bolts, wiring issues , etc.

Today, I tried to post in General forum my recent visit #2 to my new FORD OF PORT JEFF.

My dealer RAMP MOTORS INC after 77 years was forced to sell to a Korean car dealer.

This new dealer service writer,last week was given a written list of three request for service. The $195 auxiliary switch wiring #1 switch on 30 A wired to 1.5 mm2 ( 2nd complaint 9/12/22).

A simple request to change out the 30A oversized $1 fuse to a safer 15 A ,like #2 switch.

Here is the new Dealers reply: FORD ZONE ENGINEER stated to the new dealership not to do any electrical trailer light wiring , repairs , nor change out overloading 30A $1(#60) fuse to correct fuse 15A wired correctly on switch #2. That service writer would not even enter it as a request for warrantee service in his terminal.

If a 77 year old Ford dealer is having keep his head afload and being bought out by foreign car makers dealership, Ford Motor Company has issues like 2.7 L engine failures.
Not uncommon. Had two 7 series BMW both bad gas and $25k replacements.

We all love our Bronco's and had 5G gave to my son , got Cayenne Turbo. Now my 6G will be given to my grandson, and I order a new Defender. I want him to be safe!

He will be positing his likes and dislikes, but your forum is to help with FMC and you have stated in a reply, you would use your BRONCO NATION FMC contacts. I assume you got the same story on electrical wiring issues. Yes, you can put a light bar on top and assuming running at nights cooler temps, and 16 gauge wire can be very short lengths, but a 1000 w inverter on switch one 30A is a hazzard, if wired into point E.(80A draw)

Autos were exempt before EV, and are no longer exempted under our NEC.

NHTSA said when first Bronco goes on fire, call them. They never heard of fire prevention. I worked with presidents of alarm companies, electrical contractors on NYC electric codes, and even visited the fifth sub basement in the WORLD TRADE complex with my insurance carrier's risk management group. Volunteer fireman ,first responder!

If FMC is stonewalling your group, please advise! Dealers here are dieing , no cars!

Sincerely submitted

Francis J. Goss, Adjudicated Independent Auditor ,retired
cell 631-928-2454
PS FMC customer service is also non responsive on Bronco electrical wiring issues.See below wiring requirements on inverters or larger 48 watts refrig/frezzers

Attachments