Today at Bronco Nation - Thurs., 10-14-21

Laura
Oct 14, 2021
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 14, 2021

Hi everyone. I was hoping to come back with some solid answers for you all today, especially regarding:
  • the future availability of roof rails and the slide-out tailgate,
  • the people who have dealers who weren't able to confirm their MY22 order yesterday
  • customer service phone calls and further info on switching dealers
but I didn't get responses yet. David, however, spent a long time sorting out pricing for the auto/manual Sasquatch packages and did come to this conclusion: MY22 Sasquatch Pricing | Making Sense of the Confusion. I also have a good handful of responses to do to you all in threads, and thank you to everyone who posts. We'll keep working on getting you what you need, both here in the forums and on the blog.

And a few active threads today you might find helpful or could be helpful to others in:
Take care tonight, y'all. We're in one of those periods here at Bronco Nation where the news can weigh really heavy on you. So from this one girl on her couch typing this up to you individually wherever you're reading this at home or at your desk at work, we'll get through this wild launch, and as the community has literally demonstrated today, we'll get through it together.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Flip17, Ben221
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2021

Rank 0

Oct 15, 2021

Thank you for working on those questions for us.
Howdy, Laura
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 15, 2021

Hi everyone. I was hoping to come back with some solid answers for you all today, especially regarding:
  • the future availability of roof rails and the slide-out tailgate,
  • the people who have dealers who weren't able to confirm their MY22 order yesterday
  • customer service phone calls and further info on switching dealers
Hey guys, Ford confirmed the slide-out tailgate and the roof rails WILL be available through the dealer channel at some point, not just factory.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
BobVaughan, SlashRacer

Rank 0

Oct 16, 2021

Hey guys, Ford confirmed the slide-out tailgate and the roof rails WILL be available through the dealer channel at some point, not just factory.
Good news! Thanks for confirming.
Laura

Rank V

Oct 17, 2021

Thank you for confirming that with them. We ALL appreciate what you all are doing to keep us informed.

Will be getting the tailgate for sure.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
Deano Bronc, Laura
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 17, 2021

Thank you for confirming that with them. We ALL appreciate what you all are doing to keep us informed.

Will be getting the tailgate for sure.
Thanks, 1Five1 :).and yesss, get that tailgate!

Rank V

Oct 18, 2021

Morning Laura, were you able to learn anything more about dealers who weren't able to confirm their MY22 order? Should we be getting a notification from Ford.com that the order was updated?

Last Thur I went into the dealership, updated the order for the MY22 OBX 2DR, was told I was all set and Ford accepted the conversion, though Ford.com hasn't confirmed w/ an email and my online reservation at Ford.com is unchanged and shows the original MY21 1/21 order date. Thoughts?
REZ 9/20 | WHT OBX 2DR MIC LUX 2.7L | RCVD 7/22
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 18, 2021

Morning Laura, were you able to learn anything more about dealers who weren't able to confirm their MY22 order? Should we be getting a notification from Ford.com that the order was updated?

Last Thur I went into the dealership, updated the order for the MY22 OBX 2DR, was told I was all set and Ford accepted the conversion, though Ford.com hasn't confirmed w/ an email and my online reservation at Ford.com is unchanged and shows the original MY21 1/21 order date. Thoughts?
Happy Monday! I haven't heard back on this yet; I'll follow up.

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Oct 18, 2021

Who do we have put the squeeze on for pics of the Everglades snorkel? and any other pics

Rank V

Oct 19, 2021

I reached out to Ford.com this AM, the CSR I had comms w/ indicated my order was current in the system and pending the VIN.

My reservation on Ford.com still shows as a MY21 reservation, but I think that's just another indicator Ford operations is struggling to stay ahead of their decision makers. Let me know if you're sources give you different feedback.
REZ 9/20 | WHT OBX 2DR MIC LUX 2.7L | RCVD 7/22
Laura

Rank 0

Oct 20, 2021

@Laura
Have you heard anything back from your Ford contacts regarding Customer Service’s ability to transfer a MY 21 Bronco reservation & order to a new dealership for MY 22? If you're ever able to make it through the ludicrously long hold times, the customer service number will record your request for a transfer, but it's unclear when, if, or how they are ever going to come back with responses. My request was put in last Friday and no word since then. We're going to be squeezed against the October 28 cut-off for MY '22 submissions here pretty shortly.

It's so bizarre to me that Ford spokespersons are publicly advertising the ability to move reservations & orders between dealers for MY22 while simultaneously there seems to be zero behind-the-scenes operational plan to actually make that possible.

Anything you can learn and share from your channels of communication on this topic would be much appreciated.
Laura

Road trip!!!

Oct 20, 2021

@Laura
Have you heard anything back from your Ford contacts regarding Customer Service’s ability to transfer a MY 21 Bronco reservation & order to a new dealership for MY 22? If you're ever able to make it through the ludicrously long hold times, the customer service number will record your request for a transfer, but it's unclear when, if, or how they are ever going to come back with responses. My request was put in last Friday and no word since then. We're going to be squeezed against the October 28 cut-off for MY '22 submissions here pretty shortly.

It's so bizarre to me that Ford spokespersons are publicly advertising the ability to move reservations & orders between dealers for MY22 while simultaneously there seems to be zero behind-the-scenes operational plan to actually make that possible.

Anything you can learn and share from your channels of communication on this topic would be much appreciated.
I submitted a request today to have my original bronco order transferred to my new dealership. I was told I will have an answer in 3-5 business days.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Deano Bronc, Laura

Rank 0

Oct 20, 2021

I submitted a request today to have my original bronco order transferred to my new dealership. I was told I will have an answer in 3-5 business days.
Thanks. I was told 3-5 business days last Friday when I put my request in. I called today to check and was told they can see the request has been submitted and gave me a revised timeline of 7 business days. Just losing a little bit of optimism anything is happening here as I haven't heard of a single successful transfer and the dealer I am speaking with (and hoping to move to) is pretty skeptical this type of transfer is even possible based on his familiarity with the ordering system.
SlashRacer

Road trip!!!

Oct 20, 2021

Thanks. I was told 3-5 business days last Friday when I put my request in. I called today to check and was told they can see the request has been submitted and gave me a revised timeline of 7 business days. Just losing a little bit of optimism anything is happening here as I haven't heard of a single successful transfer and the dealer I am speaking with (and hoping to move to) is pretty skeptical this type of transfer is even possible based on his familiarity with the ordering system.
The bronco I had ordered is scheduled to be built the week of 11/29. I had nothing to lose by calling and requesting it be moved to my new dealership. At least I tried.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Deano Bronc
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 20, 2021

@Laura

I haven't gotten any more about switching, unfortunately. I was hoping for some guidelines to help anyone who wants to switch as well as the Bronco Support Team ... I didn't want to push a flood for no reason! What we have is still for people to contact the Team :/
Deano Bronc, marmstrong115

Rank IV

Oct 25, 2021

So I planned on 99'ing my Badlands order until the slide-out tailgate was available, but you are now promising me that I can get it as an after the fact DIO later on @Laura ? Just making sure I dont mess this order up. ;)
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 25, 2021

So I planned on 99'ing my Badlands order until the slide-out tailgate was available, but you are now promising me that I can get it as an after the fact DIO later on @Laura ? Just making sure I dont mess this order up. ;)
I don't know when, Bob, but Ford has confirmed it will be available later through the dealer channel.
BobVaughan