Today at Bronco Nation 8/20/21

NickP
Aug 20, 2021

Rank V

Aug 20, 2021

What a time to be a Broncoless Bronco fan right! It's been a rocky road to be sure, but honestly what hasn't been a bit of a bumpy road over this past 18 months? It's all part of the journey, and no matter the delays, every day we're one day closer to that new Bronco in our driveway. Now tonight, we gain a few new color options and lose a few options as well. Might make someone super happy to see the exact shade of green they were hoping for, or we might be losing the (IMO underrated) Rapid Red that my dad absolutely loved for his Bronco. Either way, making some decisions is just going to be the next step in the process for many of us stuck with a 2022 model year. Hopefully, we are able to refine our builds in the coming weeks to something even better than what we were expecting for our 2021 Bronco!

We've come a long way, and for most of us here the journey hasn't truly even begun yet, we're in the prologue still. I know I'm willing to wait just a little bit longer for chapter one, especially living vicariously through everyone who does have their Bronco!

Now just as a question, for those who might be willing to repaint or wrap their Bronco, do you guys have a color that you would pick hands down? Assuming unlimited freedom, any color from any brand. I would 100% be in the lime camp, and I'd say my odds of wrapping my (white) Bronco to be lime down the road is pretty high. It's just too fun of a color! But we'll see if any of the unknown colors might sway me over in a few minutes!

1629501963866.png

Well about two seconds after my post, we got the green Bronco! I actually really like this, I think certain colors work better with the MIC and this is one of them FOR SURE.EruptionGreen-header.jpg
And then without a pic of a Bronco with the Hot Pepper red, here's a Maverick to tie us over. I'm unsure personally... really want to see it on the Bronco.

2022-ford-maverick-lariat-fx4-awd-101-1623083048.jpg
Speed Devil, bertscw

Rank XII

Aug 20, 2021

1629502554405.png
WRANCO Flicka, KennyMac

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Aug 21, 2021

Hmmm, the green looks a bit drab, but it could be completely different when you see it in person. The new red is also tough to tell from the photo, I will have to see it in person before I can state whether I like them or not. Good for Ford to shake up the offerings.
However, I am not happy about having to pay extra for the modular bumper on my Badlands now.
Bronco_Girl

No Ragerts

Aug 21, 2021

Nardo Grey or Miami Blue
64093452-AF23-4866-A5AA-8E5DD64E5637.jpegE379F4BE-5586-470E-970D-A924D4784246.jpeg
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
TK1215, NickP

Rank VI

Aug 21, 2021

I'm a little frustrated that my rapid red is going away. They could have at least kept the colors for one more year so people who had ordered a 2021 and got pushed to 2022 could at least keep the color they originally ordered. I guess I'll have to go with race red, though it looks a little pale to my eye.
Speed Devil, TK1215

Home, home on the range

Aug 21, 2021

I'm disappointed too that Rapid Red is not an option. The Hot Pepper Red is interesting but I want to see it in person on a Bronco before I decide. I do like the capable bumper that will be on the BD for '22 as it'll free up one of my aux switches (was gonna add AM fog lights). Not liking the green. It's too dark.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Deano Bronc, NickP

Rank VI

Aug 21, 2021

Well, I'm disappointed with the green. I'm also disappointed that I reserved 8 hours after the reservations opened and now I won't have the unique (and rare) 2021 in Rapid Red
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
1Five1 Garage, Bronco_Girl

Rank V

Aug 21, 2021

I'll need to see both new colors in person before making a judgement and possibly picking one for a MY22 build. I found the past renders, and pix posted of the MY21 colors not very helpful in the decision making process; they mostly ended up looking different to me. It wasn't until I saw each color in person that decided on A51. It is absolutely too bad for those who had AMB and RR (LB was likely a one year deal anyway since it was FE trim specific) picked out and now need to rethink everything; I can understand your frustration. I personally thought RR was a nice color (I have/had it on my second build all along) but to be honest it never wowed me, and AMB was simply too dark for me when the sun wasn't shining (which there is a lot of where I live). I've seen reputable posts elsewhere here and on the other site that state MAP equipment can handle 12 colors in the paint shop, currently with the canceling of 3 colors (AMB, RR, and LB) there are only eleven (HPR, EG, and the nine MY21 carry overs, assuming they all go ahead) which appear to be slated for MY22...does that mean one more new Bronco color is coming in the weeks leading up to the MY22 B&P being released or since the Bronco shares the MAP with Ranger will it be a color just for Ranger (I somehow doubt that though)...:unsure:
FE: 4 Dr, A51, NP
BRaptor: HPR; Original GT Res - 7/14/20
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Rank VI

Aug 21, 2021

What a time to be a Broncoless Bronco fan right! It's been a rocky road to be sure, but honestly what hasn't been a bit of a bumpy road over this past 18 months? It's all part of the journey, and no matter the delays, every day we're one day closer to that new Bronco in our driveway. Now tonight, we gain a few new color options and lose a few options as well. Might make someone super happy to see the exact shade of green they were hoping for, or we might be losing the (IMO underrated) Rapid Red that my dad absolutely loved for his Bronco. Either way, making some decisions is just going to be the next step in the process for many of us stuck with a 2022 model year. Hopefully, we are able to refine our builds in the coming weeks to something even better than what we were expecting for our 2021 Bronco!

We've come a long way, and for most of us here the journey hasn't truly even begun yet, we're in the prologue still. I know I'm willing to wait just a little bit longer for chapter one, especially living vicariously through everyone who does have their Bronco!

Now just as a question, for those who might be willing to repaint or wrap their Bronco, do you guys have a color that you would pick hands down? Assuming unlimited freedom, any color from any brand. I would 100% be in the lime camp, and I'd say my odds of wrapping my (white) Bronco to be lime down the road is pretty high. It's just too fun of a color! But we'll see if any of the unknown colors might sway me over in a few minutes!

View attachment 17137

Well about two seconds after my post, we got the green Bronco! I actually really like this, I think certain colors work better with the MIC and this is one of them FOR SURE.View attachment 17140
And then without a pic of a Bronco with the Hot Pepper red, here's a Maverick to tie us over. I'm unsure personally... really want to see it on the Bronco.

View attachment 17142
That lime green reminds me of the hotrod colors I would see as a child when my dad would take me to car shows. It looks good with the white top. I would put a Bronco on the sides or white pinstripping. And white Steelies.
NickP

Rank V

Aug 21, 2021

Definitely torn on the green. My wife was more intrigued than I thought she would be, she really wants to see it in person. My 79 F150 started life a very similar shade, though not much other than the dash still that color. When I repainted it, tractor paint was $30 a gallon, so...
DSC03520.jpg
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
NickP, 1Five1 Garage

Rank VI

Aug 21, 2021

I like y
Definitely torn on the green. My wife was more intrigued than I thought she would be, she really wants to see it in person. My 79 F150 started life a very similar shade, though not much other than the dash still that color. When I repainted it, tractor paint was $30 a gallon, so...
View attachment 17245
I like your ingenuity!
KennyMac

Rank VI

Aug 21, 2021

I love that blue!
HoosierDaddy

Rank VI

Aug 21, 2021

If ever there were a color that was made for the Bronco.
WOW!!!
1629582345032.png
Day 1 res first 3 hours, Feb 6th order; May 25th? scheduled for build, July 15th Build date, Dirt Mountain 2.5 months, delivered into my loving hands Oct. 8th
bertscw, Deano Bronc

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 21, 2021

Lime Pearl. Does cool color shift.

Speed Devil, Margaret

Rank IV

Aug 27, 2021

These is a very, very nice green (and love the color 'change') - I'd drive it.

Rank III

Aug 28, 2021

I'm a little frustrated that my rapid red is going away. They could have at least kept the colors for one more year so people who had ordered a 2021 and got pushed to 2022 could at least keep the color they originally ordered. I guess I'll have to go with race red, though it looks a little pale to my eye.
Wait that means us 2021 that got pushed have to change the color?!