Supporter I

Jan 3, 2021
Martinsville, IN, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Zike
Member #

My wife hasn't been feeling good last year she had 3 major surgeries 2 of them were back to back and one of them was an emergency surgery, She asked me today if I just wanted to go buy a jeep and I said well we could and trade it in later. She said she wanted me to get the Bronco but dont want me getting both because she is afraid something will happen to her and dont want me to deal with a bunch of financial stuff, I am trying to wait out the bronco but I am missing getting out with the doors and top off this summer. The only thing we have on our order is the MIC top, I have had soft tops and if you look at some of the ones they are showing you can se the wrinkles on the side windows, It gets cold and snowy in indiana and soft tops dont last long.Its a blessing to have the money to go and buy a jeep or a bronco with no payments, but it sure is tempting to go buy a jeep , hurry up and fix the problem or come up with a solution or I am afraid there will be more people in this situation. It could hurt Ford reputation if people quit buying their products.

Bschurr

Rank V

Don't delete

Jan 28, 2021
NY, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Schurr
My wife hasn't been feeling good last year she had 3 major surgeries 2 of them were back to back and one of them was an emergency surgery, She asked me today if I just wanted to go buy a jeep and I said well we could and trade it in later. She said she wanted me to get the Bronco but dont want me getting both because she is afraid something will happen to her and dont want me to deal with a bunch of financial stuff, I am trying to wait out the bronco but I am missing getting out with the doors and top off this summer. The only thing we have on our order is the MIC top, I have had soft tops and if you look at some of the ones they are showing you can se the wrinkles on the side windows, It gets cold and snowy in indiana and soft tops dont last long.Its a blessing to have the money to go and buy a jeep or a bronco with no payments, but it sure is tempting to go buy a jeep , hurry up and fix the problem or come up with a solution or I am afraid there will be more people in this situation. It could hurt Ford reputation if people quit buying their products.
Your prayers may be answered...

Bucktown

Rank IV

Supporter I

Jan 3, 2021
Martinsville, IN, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Zike
Member #

Your prayers may be answered...

Thanks may check it out and change my top tomorrow, at least some one will come up with aftermarket by winter. My dealership is weird he will probably tell me he cant do it and I will have to break out the ford email and this new package

1Five1 Garage

Rank IV

Supporter III

Apr 26, 2021
port saint lucie
First Name
SHAWN
Last Name
PATTEN
I feel for you. My wife was fighting cancer a little bit ago and we picked the Bronco BL build we did so we can recover, relax and maybe get back to a little bit of normalcy. Now that she is in the middle of her recovery and cancer free, we really would love to have the Bronco to start having fun again. I went through all the trouble to get one of the first builds (early 7/13 reservation, and 9am 1/20 order date) but due to shortfalls in Ford's suppliers we are gonna see it early at all. Might not see it in 2021 due to our build has every sin.
But we will be patent. If it was the other way around where she wasn't recovering... My loyalty is to my Wife.... NOT Ford, or any other car brand. I would go buy a Jeep so we could have fun while we are together.

AcesandEights

Rank V

Promoter II

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
Do you have to buy the Jeep new?? Buy an old, used one.
Jeeps tend to hold their value so well, at least around here, buying a used doesn't save you much money. As an example, there isn't a single Wrangler listed (on Autotrade) within 100 miles for less than $15,000. There must be some, but...where do you find a good used one? So, if you want to spend half of a new one, not around here. Spend a little more and it's hard to justify not just buying a $30k new Jeep, or spend $10k more and get a Rubicon. I don't know, they're hard to find around here. YMMV.

Reactions: Deano Bronc

Sdakotabronco

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 24, 2020
Sioux Falls, SD, USA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

Jeeps tend to hold their value so well, at least around here, buying a used doesn't save you much money. As an example, there isn't a single Wrangler listed (on Autotrade) within 100 miles for less than $15,000. There must be some, but...where do you find a good used one? So, if you want to spend half of a new one, not around here. Spend a little more and it's hard to justify not just buying a $30k new Jeep, or spend $10k more and get a Rubicon. I don't know, they're hard to find around here. YMMV.
Just to look I went and searched 200 miles for a Wrangler and the cheapest I would consider is 13,900 for an 06. No A/C, no cruise, manual V6, with a softtop under 70,000 miles. I really need it to have A/C. I can buy a repairable 4dr unlimited for 13,950.

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
Guadalupe River State Park TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

Back in February the lot I bought my Equinox from had 3 used 2020 unlimited Sahara’s (most likely rental units) each had about 20k miles and they were asking $45k for each. I couldn’t even think about those when I’m getting a Badlands 4door high package for just over $50k brand new. Yeah Jeep’s hold their resale around here too.

Reactions: KennyMac

HoosierDaddy

Rank III

Promoter III

May 21, 2020
Northwest Indiana, IN, USA
Member #

Yet it appears people are paying it.
Makes no sense to me.
This is what will drive the Bronco flippers.
I bet we will be shocked at some of the amounts folks will get.
Maybe I should convert that Grange-tober reservation... lol!

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
Guadalupe River State Park TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

Different strokes for different folks, but my Rubicon is $41,050 ordered just the way I like it, with extra guacamole. So, paying $45k for a Jeep with 20k miles seems dumb.
Exactly it’s crazy. Although these were 4 doors you are getting a 2 door correct. But regardless that is crazy money for a used Jeep. But I was really eyeing the Gladiator sitting on 40s but I didn’t even want to know how much that was. But it did look good.

Reactions: AcesandEights

AcesandEights

Rank V

Promoter II

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
If you're still thinking about it, and want to know more about the process, I placed my order on 5/15. I got a call on 5/28 that it was scheduled for build. I just got the call that production is complete, it is built, and it is scheduled for inspection/QA. So, just undere four weeks from order and it's built. It's in Ohio and hasn't been QA'd yet, but I expect to have it within four to six weeks, depending on transport from Ohio.

Reactions: Sdakotabronco

Pakrat

Rank IV

Don't delete

Dec 15, 2020
Lake Tahoe, United States
First Name
Jud
Last Name
Gutheil
Finally got to drive the Rubicon 392 this morning. It is badass! Front end nearly lifts of the ground when you floor it. Passing on a steep grade? No problem.... doesn't wind out to 7000+ rpm and sound like it's going to self destruct anymore. Still not a fan of the interior, small screen, and cramped feeling but nothing is perfect. Really makes you realize how outdated and wanting the 3.6L Pentastar and Jeeps really are. 392 is expensive for sure but I wouldn't own any other Jeep model at this point. When and if I ever get to demo a Bronco it had better compare favorably or I'll cancel and hopefully find a 392.