Title Revised - Preparations for Possible Off-Roadeo in New Hampshire.

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 7, 2020
Atkinson, NH
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Hey @BuzzyBud , what can you tell us about the Gunstock area?
Wow! Off-Roadeo in New Hampshire? Nice.

You could not ask for a better location than in the Lake Winnipesaukee area. Lots of option for lodging. Everything from camping to five-star hotels with stunning view of the lake and the White Mountains. Nearby is Squam Lake which was the site for the filming of “On Golden Pond”. I have spent many days paddling the lake and camping on Moon Island.

This is also great timing since Route 93 between Salem, NH and Manchester, NH is finishing a multi-year expansion to facilitate easy driving north to the Lakes region and the White Mountains.

In my younger years I spent many seasons downhill skiing on Wildcat Mountain and would lodge in Glen, NH. Never skied Gunstock, but the views of Lake Winnipesaukee should be stunning.

I envision many pre or post trips to the top of Mt Washington by the Off-Roadeo clan. From Gunstock to the Mt Washington Auto Road take approximately two hours as you drive through some of the most scenic towns in the White Mountains. North Conway is my favorite!

This is most exciting and I have attached a few links for your viewing pleasure.

Welcome to the Mt. Washington Auto Road - Mount Washington Auto Road, Gorham NH (mt-washington.com)
Camping at Gunstock | Camping Near Lake Winnipesaukee
Welcome to Mount Washington Cruises (cruisenh.com)
Squam Lake - Vacation in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire
North Conway NH - Official North Conway Area Guide

jlaliberty

Rank IV

Advocate III

Oct 21, 2020
Newburyport, MA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Laliberty
Member #

You could not ask for a better location than in the Lake Winnipesaukee area. Lots of option for lodging. Everything from camping to five-star hotels with stunning view of the lake and the White Mountains. Nearby is Squam Lake which was the site for the filming of “On Golden Pond”. I have spent many days paddling the lake and camping on Moon Island.

This is also great timing since Route 93 between Salem, NH and Manchester, NH is finishing a multi-year expansion to facilitate easy driving north to the Lakes region and the White Mountains.

In my younger years I spent many seasons downhill skiing on Wildcat Mountain and would lodge in Glen, NH. Never skied Gunstock, but the views of Lake Winnipesaukee should be stunning.

I envision many pre or post trips to the top of Mt Washington by the Off-Roadeo clan. From Gunstock to the Mt Washington Auto Road take approximately two hours as you drive through some of the most scenic towns in the White Mountains. North Conway is my favorite!

This is most exciting and I have attached a few links for your viewing pleasure.

Welcome to the Mt. Washington Auto Road - Mount Washington Auto Road, Gorham NH (mt-washington.com)
NIce! I'm so stoked for this Off-Rodeo! Can't wait to go!

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 7, 2020
Atkinson, NH
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

srick76

Rank V

Don't delete

Jun 11, 2020
Butler, NJ, USA
Member #

For those who seek to explore surrounding points of interest either before or after Off-Roadeo, two destinations come to mind in my home state of New Hampshire.

You could consider driving the Kancamagus Scenic Byways as you explore the White Mountain National Forest. In the fall it is truly one of the best foliage viewing areas in the country!
Kancamagus Scenic Byway: The Kancamagus Highway – Kancamagus Visitor Information
If you like driving on dirt roads to the top of a mountain, then consider the Mount Washington Auto Road. The Auto Road is America's oldest man-made attraction!
History of the Mount Washington Auto Road - Mount Washington Auto Road, Gorham NH (mt-washington.com)

These are just a few thoughts to get you started. More to follow!
I'm thinking have a round up event up there you can be the tour guide!

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 7, 2020
Atkinson, NH
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

From my perspective as a resident of New Hampshire, there is no bad time of the year to participate in a New Hampshire based Off-Roadeo adventure. The weather all year round is superb. Winter has phenomenal downhill and cross-country skiing, ice skating, snowmobiling, snowshoe touring, sleigh rides, etc. Summer has concerts, boating, swimming, cookouts. Fall is famous for the foliage and spring has stunning waterfalls to visit and white-water rafting adventures.

For those traveling a distance and prefer to fly into New Hampshire, we have the Manchester Airport ( Live Free and Fly) which is less than a one hour drive to Gilford, NH.
Live Free & Fly | Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT) (flymanchester.com)

That is just the beginning, wait until we add in the off-road trails and adventures! I suspect the Northeast Off-Roadeo location will quickly become the most popular of the four locations due to the favorable weather year round, multiple lodging options, easy to access, many opportunities for adventures, etc. :)

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

From my perspective as a resident of New Hampshire, there is no bad time of the year to participate in a New Hampshire based Off-Roadeo adventure. The weather all year round is superb. Winter has phenomenal downhill and cross-country skiing, ice skating, snowmobiling, snowshoe touring, sleigh rides, etc. Summer has concerts, boating, swimming, cookouts. Fall is famous for the foliage and spring has stunning waterfalls to visit and white-water rafting adventures.

For those traveling a distance and prefer to fly into New Hampshire, we have the Manchester Airport ( Live Free and Fly) which is less than a one hour drive to Gilford, NH.
Live Free & Fly | Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT) (flymanchester.com)

That is just the beginning, wait until we add in the off-road trails and adventures! I suspect the Northeast Off-Roadeo location will quickly become the most popular of the four locations due to the favorable weather year round, multiple lodging options, easy to access, many opportunities for adventures, etc. :)
What about mosquitoes or black flies? Are they bad through the summer?

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 7, 2020
Atkinson, NH
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

What about mosquitoes or black flies? Are they bad through the summer?
If you go camping in marshy and wooded locations, the mosquitoes will be there after dark. They are different from the salt marsh mosquitoes which are a problem during daylight hours and found along the shoreline communities. Black flies are more seasonal in nature. I find them in May/June only.
Hope this helps.

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 7, 2020
Atkinson, NH
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

With the possibility of an Off-Roadeo location in New Hampshire, opportunities may exist for off-road adventures to practice what we learn on trails and by-ways in the White Mountains.

I have attached a video which is centered on the White Mountains. In the video, they refer to four sites/features. See links below for additional information.
  • Swift River in the White Mountains.
  • White Mountain Lower Falls Recreational Site
  • Sabbaday Falls in the White Mountain National Forest between Lincoln and North Conway.
  • Glen Ellis Falls in the White Mountain National Forest near North Conway.

Swift River Map – Conway, NH – Natural Atlas
White Mountain National Forest - Lower Falls Recreation Site (usda.gov)
Sabbaday Falls - A Family Friendly Recharge at a Waterfall (world-of-waterfalls.com)
Glen Ellis Falls - Panoramic Waterfall on Mt Washington (world-of-waterfalls.com)

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

Solid work sir! This is great news!

Ramzey28

Rank 0

Advocate I

Mar 16, 2021
Epsom, NH, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Ramzey
That was my Facebook post. Drove the outer banks at Irwin and viewed the badlands for the event, can’t drive or sit in. Dealer advised they are getting 32 Broncos for event coming but didn’t have a date. They think end of the month but that seems like short notice? Gunstock will be perfect.

frogier

Rank III

Advocate II

Jun 2, 2020
Member #

That was my Facebook post. Drove the outer banks at Irwin and viewed the badlands for the event, can’t drive or sit in. Dealer advised they are getting 32 Broncos for event coming but didn’t have a date. They think end of the month but that seems like short notice? Gunstock will be perfect.
I apologize if I stole your thunder. It was such great news I had to share it with the community.

Wamland

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jun 10, 2021
Maryland
First Name
Will
Last Name
Amland
I was in the midst of registering on the web site and because I had switched trims they had to reach out to me to verify my order. I verified and tried to pull out the east coast location info but they are being tight-lipped :)

“Thank you for providing me with this information and for your patience. I was able to successfully verify your vehicle and you should be receiving an email soon. At this time Texas is the only location open for reservations. The other dates, locations, and further information is still to come. Good news is that your profile is already registered, and you will be the first to receive notice once the other locations open or have any updates!”

Sain81

Rank III

Advocate I

Jul 28, 2021
NH
First Name
Stephanie
Last Name
Haynes
Member #

I live about 20 minutes from Gunstock, and recommend those driving in to avoid 93 past Manchester. Exit in Hooksett, and take 28 all the way up to Alton, then 11 to Gunstock. I live on 28, and this is the typical route many take heading up to Lake Winnie. Much nicer than getting stuck in the parking lot that 93 can create