Bronco got a little friend today.

Rydfree
Jan 08, 2024

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Jan 08, 2024

It's the 1st time in over 25 years the wife hasn't been in a MB vehicle. She wanted to downsize and fell in love with this Mazda CX-50 Premium Plus Turbo. The interior is surprisingly nice and for a vehicle marketed as an off road capable vehicle it comes with a lot of creature comforts . I had no idea they were made by Toyota . Now the Bronco won't be the only off roader in the stall . I already found a lift kit for it. Gonna have to wait awhile to convince the wife that it needs that and a set of WildPeaks :)

Attachments

2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Jakob1972, 615_Bronco

No Ragerts

Jan 08, 2024

Congrats on the new ride - enjoy!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Rydfree

Rank V

Jan 08, 2024

It's the 1st time in over 25 years the wife hasn't been in a MB vehicle. She wanted to downsize and fell in love with this Mazda CX-50 Premium Plus Turbo. The interior is surprisingly nice and for a vehicle marketed as an off road capable vehicle it comes with a lot of creature comforts . I had no idea they were made by Toyota . Now the Bronco won't be the only off roader in the stall . I already found a lift kit for it. Gonna have to wait awhile to convince the wife that it needs that and a set of WildPeaks :)

they are not made by Toyota. Mazda and Toyota had a joint venture with a plant. I believe Mazda was shipping all their vehicle to the US, so this will give them a footing in the US. Still 2 separate companies making their own stuff

Jan 08, 2024

they are not made by Toyota. Mazda and Toyota had a joint venture with a plant. Still 2 separate companies making their own stuff

Hmmm , just what the sales person said when I said the interior looked like a Toyota . I haven't researched it myself . We were also looking at the 1st ever hybrid from Mazda but it was too big for what the wife wanted and he said all the running gear in it was Toyota.

Edit: Just Googled and all I can find definitively is this, "The Alabama plant will also offer direct employment to 4,000 workers and several indirect employment through suppliers. The first Mazda car to roll off from this plant was a 2023 Mazda CX-50 crossover, which will be made side by side to the Toyota corolla cross."

https://www.carindigo.com/news/2023...t-mazda-toyota-manufacturing-plant-in-alabama
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Bluestreak57

Plotus

Jan 08, 2024

Mercedes Ain't all that, Though I had a nice one for a while. I think the Bronco Sport rates near Best in traction and real life driving. Both onroad and offroad it outshines most all the others even close to it's price range. You might work the rising ocean angle and mud that might ensue the flooding........... less RPM ='s less motor wear ? or..........uh, I got nuthin..

Attachments

MWNew

Jan 08, 2024

Mercedes Ain't all that, Though I had a nice one for a while. I think the Bronco Sport rates near Best in traction and real life driving. Both onroad and offroad it outshines most all the others even close to it's price range. You might work the rising ocean angle and mud that might ensue the flooding........... less RPM ='s less motor wear ? or..........uh, I got nuthin..

The wife has had great service from her MBs. We have never had an issue. She kept her last two 15 years and 12 years . She started with a used one back in '90 and kept it 3 years . She looked at the Bronco Sport but the interior did not suite her . She won't be taking either offroad though but just has always wanted AWD for the times it gets a little snow and ice where she travels. I did just find this comparision but can't watch it here at work so I have no idea about what verdict they come up with,lol. I'll have to watch it tonight.

https://www.bing.com/videos/rivervi...4574B212426DD98BD2214574B212426D&&FORM=VRDGAR

On Pilgrimage

Jan 08, 2024

Mazda CX-50
MTM is a joint venture partnership between Mazda Motor Corporation and Toyota Motor Corporation, producing both the Toyota Corolla Cross and the Mazda CX-50 on two side-by-side lines. Production of the Corolla Cross started in September 2021, followed by the Mazda CX-50 in January 2022.
Riding OB1, 23 4- door Outer Banks, SAS, MOD, MIC, Lux, Ordered 10/20/22, delivered 1/13/23

Jan 08, 2024

Mazda CX-50
MTM is a joint venture partnership between Mazda Motor Corporation and Toyota Motor Corporation, producing both the Toyota Corolla Cross and the Mazda CX-50 on two side-by-side lines. Production of the Corolla Cross started in September 2021, followed by the Mazda CX-50 in January 2022.

To me that sounds like they are made by the same work force and probably using many of the same suppliers. The interior definitely looks to be something Toyota would do in their higher end vehicles which made me ask the sales person that question. I just searched for the Toyota Corolla Cross and it looks awful similar to the Cx as well . I'll have to delve deeper.
Sven, Bluestreak57

Gladesmen

Jan 08, 2024

Congratulations that’s a good looking ride. In the thumb nail I thought it was a BMW. Hmm they are in kahoots with Toyota too. LOL the new Supra is a better looking BMW. This is nothing new I think all automakers have done joint venture vehicles.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Rydfree