Covert Ford Hutto, TX Service Department Issues

blaxton
Jan 04, 2024

Rank 0

Jan 04, 2024

Hi all,
I want to start by saying I am sorry for my first post being a rather negative one. However, I want people to know about the issues I have encountered working with the service department at Covert Ford in Hutto, TX. I ordered my Bronco Black Diamond 7MT in December 2021 and took delivery in December 2022. Beginning in November 2023 with less than 10K miles the transmission began to make a severe scraping noise when cold. I did some research and found this is a relatively common issue and covered under a TSB. I Called Covert Ford in Hutto, TX where I purchased the vehicle and was informed it would take 2 weeks for their tech to take a look at the vehicle once I dropped it off. I asked if I could make an appointment to take it in and continue driving it as this was my only car and was told no, they would have to keep it the whole time. I then asked if they would provide me a rental vehicle and was again told no. Since I had no other option I left the car with them on December 4th, 2022. For two weeks I did not receive so much as a phone call or email to update me on the status of my vehicle. By the end of the second week after calling multiple times I was told the parts were ordered and my Bronco would be ready the next week. The following week I again received not a single call, text, or email to update me on the status of my vehicle so I called again. This time I was told the tech working on my vehicle had broken the bolts connecting the output shaft and they would have to order more parts. The service tech had the audacity to tell me don't worry we will fix this at no cost to you. I informed him the vehicle was under warranty and they had broken the parts so that would have been my expectation all along. After this conversation several days passed with no updates so on 12/29/23 I drove to the dealership. I asked for my service tech but he was not immediately available so they passed me to someone else. This tech had no familiarity with me or my car and attempted to tell me they were trying to replace the spark plugs.... I cannot make this up. After about 30min of waiting my service tech finally showed up and told me they were still waiting for parts and nothing could be done. At this point I asked about receiving a loaner vehicle as I need a solution for commuting to and from work...the Uber rides are starting to add up. He told me only the manager could authorize this. I asked to speak with the manager and was told she will be gone for two days and does not have her phone so we cannot call her. I asked to have her please call me upon her return. It is now 1/4/23, Covert Ford of Hutto has not answered my calls nor responded to my voicemails over the past two days. I am still waiting on a call back from the service manager. I am sorry to write such a long-winded post but I want to make sure any prospective buyers are aware of the practices at this dealership and the level of service they have provided to me when making their buying decision.
Sam I Am 1966, PSUTE

Home again, Home again

Jan 04, 2024

Check in with @Ford Motor Company … Maybe they can rattle the cage from above…
Riding OB1, 23 4- door Outer Banks, SAS, MOD, MIC, Lux, Ordered 10/20/22, delivered 1/13/23
Sam I Am 1966, Kenneth

Gladesmen

Jan 04, 2024

I was at Ford Of Boerne two weeks ago waiting on my oil change\tire rotation and one of the service writers was having this same conversation with a customer. He was telling them they would order the parts and the customer could take the vehicle and use it while they waited for the parts. Then he would call them when it was time to do the repair. This way they would not loose their place in line and the dealership didn’t have 100s of vehicles waiting on parts. I know Boerne is a trek from Hutto but there are several Ford dealerships in the Austin area I would check some reviews and take it to one of the other dealerships, you do not have to take your car to the dealership you purchased it from for service. Good luck
And Welcome to the Nation.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
TK1215, Kenneth

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Jan 04, 2024

That is absolute bull*hit. Your dealer is being anything but professional. I took my Bronco in for the same fix, after booking a set appointment date, and I was offered a loaner vehicle right out of the gate. In addition, I was texted or called regularly to keep me up to date on the status of the repair.
I would find out when the General Mgr. is next in the dealership, and then go and sit in his/her office until you are able to speak with her. Demand a loaner, and don't leave until you get one.
Once your vehicle is repaired, do not ever, go back to this dealer.
Thank you for letting us know how atrocious this dealer is in regards to their customer service, and how we should all avoid doing any business with them.
Sam I Am 1966, TK1215

KCsBronco

Jan 04, 2024

Welcome to Bronco Nation! Sadly, I think your service experience isn't unusual. We've had our Bronco just over 6mths, 7k miles. In our Denver area, we've tried to use service at 3 Ford dealerships for 3 warranty issues & oil changes..

The nearest dealership kept our Bronco 8 days, no phone calls nor texts, never answered my calls nor text - Totally unresponsive. Finally, I called the sales receptionist saying I was coming to pickup our vehicle that afternoon. Their Repair Order says they changed the oil, but each warranty repair item says 'No work performed'.

The second dealership service doesn't take online service appointments and didn't take, nor return calls to setup a service appointment. Obviously, this dealership has a unique business model, and since service is typically major portion of a dealership's profit generator, we don't expect that dealership to be around long.

The third dealership's some 50miles away, but does take appointments easily and even answered their phone & returned calls too. Granted, we now have very low expectations for Ford dealerships, and we're fortunate to have several within 100miles - IMO, Ford's service operations aren't a reason to drive a Ford.

Hope your tranny gets better soon..

Cheers
Sven, Jakob1972

Rank V

Jan 04, 2024

Hi all,
I want to start by saying I am sorry for my first post being a rather negative one. However, I want people to know about the issues I have encountered working with the service department at Covert Ford in Hutto, TX. I ordered my Bronco Black Diamond 7MT in December 2021 and took delivery in December 2022. Beginning in November 2023 with less than 10K miles the transmission began to make a severe scraping noise when cold. I did some research and found this is a relatively common issue and covered under a TSB. I Called Covert Ford in Hutto, TX where I purchased the vehicle and was informed it would take 2 weeks for their tech to take a look at the vehicle once I dropped it off. I asked if I could make an appointment to take it in and continue driving it as this was my only car and was told no, they would have to keep it the whole time. I then asked if they would provide me a rental vehicle and was again told no. Since I had no other option I left the car with them on December 4th, 2022. For two weeks I did not receive so much as a phone call or email to update me on the status of my vehicle. By the end of the second week after calling multiple times I was told the parts were ordered and my Bronco would be ready the next week. The following week I again received not a single call, text, or email to update me on the status of my vehicle so I called again. This time I was told the tech working on my vehicle had broken the bolts connecting the output shaft and they would have to order more parts. The service tech had the audacity to tell me don't worry we will fix this at no cost to you. I informed him the vehicle was under warranty and they had broken the parts so that would have been my expectation all along. After this conversation several days passed with no updates so on 12/29/23 I drove to the dealership. I asked for my service tech but he was not immediately available so they passed me to someone else. This tech had no familiarity with me or my car and attempted to tell me they were trying to replace the spark plugs.... I cannot make this up. After about 30min of waiting my service tech finally showed up and told me they were still waiting for parts and nothing could be done. At this point I asked about receiving a loaner vehicle as I need a solution for commuting to and from work...the Uber rides are starting to add up. He told me only the manager could authorize this. I asked to speak with the manager and was told she will be gone for two days and does not have her phone so we cannot call her. I asked to have her please call me upon her return. It is now 1/4/23, Covert Ford of Hutto has not answered my calls nor responded to my voicemails over the past two days. I am still waiting on a call back from the service manager. I am sorry to write such a long-winded post but I want to make sure any prospective buyers are aware of the practices at this dealership and the level of service they have provided to me when making their buying decision.

Hey there. Can you send over a message with your VIN and estimated mileage? I would like to take a look into your Bronco's situation on my end.
Jakob1972, TK1215

Mako M35

Jan 05, 2024

Setting at 15000 miles on 2023 ( ordered Aug 2020) my Bronco Badlands Sasquatch and knock on wood no warrantable issues other than tires , picked up a bolt in one and chisel in the other ( yeah weird road debris) . I have been exceptionally satisfied with the service dept. at All Star Ford in Palestine Tx on other work that I have done. I have hopes to get the same use from this Ford as I have with many others I have bought over the years ,but I keep reading where people are having issues.

Rank 0

Jan 05, 2024

HI all,
Wanted to say thank you to everyone for your support. I have contacted Ford and they reached out to the dealer. I was given a loaner yesterday and they called and gave me some updates on my vehicle this morning. Thank you all again for the support, I will keep you posted on the progress!
Kenneth, Jakob1972

KCsBronco

Jan 06, 2024

HI all,
Wanted to say thank you to everyone for your support. I have contacted Ford and they reached out to the dealer. I was given a loaner yesterday and they called and gave me some updates on my vehicle this morning. Thank you all again for the support, I will keep you posted on the progress!

Great to read your update - Thank you @Ford Motor Company!!

Cheers
PSUTE