Champion I

Jun 26, 2020
Olathe, KS, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Copple
Member #

I'm gonna guess around 14 ... I have the 2.3L ecoboost in my Mustang, which is a far more aerodynamic (and probably lighter) vehicle - over the course of the 4 years I've had it, it's averaging 18mpg ... so I imagine the 2.7 being a bigger engine, with big tires, on a big boxy, heavy vehicle- will get worse mileage
Dang, my 13 5.0 averages 18mpg. Didn't realize a boosted four had the same MPG figures.

Calgecko

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 28, 2020
Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

Dang, my 13 5.0 averages 18mpg. Didn't realize a boosted four had the same MPG figures.
Yup, you figure we're about the same HP (I'm tuned, upgraded intercooler, intake/exhaust, etc - I beat the new stock GT's up until about 80mph), and I do have a pretty heavy foot (every time I hop in the car, the first things I do are put it in Sport+/Race mode, and turn off all the traction control/advancetrack LOL)

Reactions: Deano Bronc

Calgecko

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 28, 2020
Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

lol
Smiles per gallon > MPGs
to a point ;)
when it's a daily driver used for a 45 mile drive each day - MPG is a relevant concern. If you told me this Bronco got 8mpg, I don't care how big my smile is, that's not worth it. If you told me it's 18mpg, I can deal with that, or even 16 .... but much below that, I'd have to reconsider.

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

to a point ;)
when it's a daily driver used for a 45 mile drive each day - MPG is a relevant concern. If you told me this Bronco got 8mpg, I don't care how big my smile is, that's not worth it. If you told me it's 18mpg, I can deal with that, or even 16 .... but much below that, I'd have to reconsider.
My daily commute amounts to 48 miles a week. if it wasn't this short I wouldn't even consider a 4x4 truck.

tlowell01

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 22, 2020
Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Lowell
Member #

I average about 22-24 MPG in my 2014 Escape with the 2.0L turbocharged 4cl depending on my mix of freeway vs city streets. Hopefully 20'ish with the 2.3L MT. I haven't had to commute since March, but even when I do go back to the office, it's only 2.2 miles round trip so I usually bike. Having a brand new Bronco will be good incentive to keep up with the biking; I won't want the new Bronco to sit outside baking in the AZ sun all day every day.

84Mudhorse

Rank II

Advocate III

May 21, 2020
Sarasota, Florida
If it doesn’t get 30+ mpg then what’s the point of putting a smaller displacement engine in it? What’s the trade off? The bragging point? If I’m getting the same mileage as a torqued up V-8 with more power then give me the torqued up v-8....

Reactions: Bronco5.0

Reidski29

Rank II

Advocate III

Jul 6, 2020
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
First Name
Reid
Last Name
Kruszewski
I am guessing non Sasq will be around 18-20 mpg for Badlands. I think the aero dynamics will be the worst part, the transmission is helpful being a 10 speed.

Sirdude

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 13, 2020
Norfolk Virginia
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Rowley
I once bought a boat. I asked how many gallons per hour it would burn on average. The salesman told me that if I had to ask that question, I couldn't afford it. My philosophy here is the same......so I don't think about it.

Calgecko

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 28, 2020
Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

I once bought a boat. I asked how many gallons per hour it would burn on average. The salesman told me that if I had to ask that question, I couldn't afford it. My philosophy here is the same......so I don't think about it.
I think that's a pretty poor attitude for a boat salesman (or any salesman) to take - fuel mileage is a factor for some people, and it doesn't indicate they "can't afford" something. It is a consideration, for sure. I have a daily commute of about 42 miles. In my 2.3Ecoboost Mustang, I get 18mpg and have to fill up about 6-7 times a month. I'm expecting the Bronco to get around 16mpg .. but if I found out that it only got 10mpg, it would definitely change my mind about getting one. Not that I couldn't afford it, I wouldn't WANT to spend that kind of money on gas.

wmneill

Rank IV

Advocate III

Jun 8, 2020
Delran, New Jersey, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
ONeill
Member #

That is very true lol either way it won’t effect my purchase of one as the commercial says”YOU NEED A BRONCO!!!’ Lol

Reactions: Deano Bronc

LoneRanger

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Williston, FL, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Incognito
Member #

fwiw. I have 12K on my 2019 ranger I purchased in February of this year. I carry 1000# of junk in the truck for work. I am getting 21mpg currently. This is roughly the weight of a 4 door bronco.

I am getting the larger motor. I think we will have 1800#'s (high guesstimate) in the truck when we go traveling. The larger engine will move this extra weight easier than the smaller motor will. Loaded if we see 18mpg I will be thrilled!

L.R.

Reactions: wmneill

LoneRanger

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Williston, FL, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Incognito
Member #

I am assuming that the Bronco will be using the dana adventek gear set and the ring gear will be welded to the carrier. I have not heard of anyone regearing a new Ranger to compensate for lift, or weight, or tire size. This is unfortunate (in my opinion)

L.R.