Thinking of switching

SuperMike
Jul 06, 2021

Rank V

Jul 06, 2021

So my order is in for a WT in A51 with the full graphics. But man, I'm torn and thinking of moving to the BL. The more I'm looking at the painted black grill and mirrors, I'm envisioning rock chips and bugs. I think I prefer the BL's grill and steel rear bumper. I also prefer the rock sliders over running boards. But at the same time, the blue stitching and interior highlights would look sweet with the A51 color. And not that I plan to sell it, but I'm wondering if here in the midwest the rock crawl mode would have better resale than the baja/sport mode (not a lot of desert in Indiana).

Ford has given me WAY to much time to second guess things. :D
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
Wamland, Howdy
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 06, 2021

Rank III

Jul 06, 2021

Is priority based on your reservation date or order date? Does switching mean a bigger delay? Ive been thinking about switching too...
Howdy, SlashRacer

Rank V

Jul 06, 2021

Is priority based on your reservation date or order date? Does switching mean a bigger delay? Ive been thinking about switching too...

Very good questions that I would also love to know. I heard many times “you can change your order up until you get a VIN”, but does that push me back further?
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
JMilli

Road trip!!!

Jul 06, 2021

Very good questions that I would also love to know. I heard many times “you can change your order up until you get a VIN”, but does that push me back further?
It does not push you back in line. If you want to change, call tomorrow and don’t second guess yourself.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Howdy, Hobgoblin

Home, home on the range

Jul 06, 2021

It does not push you back in line. If you want to change, call tomorrow and don’t second guess yourself.
I've made changes and am thinking of making a color change......again. I'm just spending way too much time looking at all the colors. Ford is making it way too easy for me to 2nd guess my choices.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
Howdy, Hobgoblin

Rank V

Jul 06, 2021

I know the BL has full skid plates, but is the suspension actually different than the WT? Or just the sway bar disconnect and different goat modes?

Rank V

Jul 06, 2021

The WT come already sasquatched. While on the BL, it will have to be added. I believe the suspension will the same (if both SAS equipped) minus the goat modes and sway bars. Not sure about other items like trail turn assist, etc.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
Bronco_Girl, Howdy

Rank V

Jul 06, 2021

The WT come already sasquatched. While on the BL, it will have to be added. I believe the suspension will the same (if both SAS equipped) minus the goat modes and sway bars. Not sure about other items like trail turn assist, etc.

What threw me is on this (and somewhere else -- maybe a video) it reads "Unique Badlands suspension with front stabilizer bar disconnect"
https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten.../suvs/bronco/2021/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf
But then on the 2nd page it says "HOSS System with Bilstein™ Position Sensitive Dampers" is standard for BL, WT, and FE. So I think maybe they're the same, but Ford doesn't make it super clear.
Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Jul 06, 2021

I know the BL has full skid plates, but is the suspension actually different than the WT? Or just the sway bar disconnect and different goat modes?

BL does not come fully Sas. It is mostly there. You do have to upgrade to it. It does have partial saq
Howdy, Hobgoblin

Rank XII

Jul 06, 2021

Sort of an unexpected comment that I heard from several that drove the non-squatched BL at Off-Rodeo was that they wanted to upgrade their orders to the squatched 35" tires.
SuperMike

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 06, 2021

Too late I second guessed myself already, reserved a base because I don't want to spend 40k on a toy.Unless the weather is bad I'm driving my focus, its faster, handles better gets better mileage..:devilish: But can't get the rear locker on the base...
Deano Bronc, SlashRacer

Rank V

Jul 09, 2021

I decided to keep my WT as ordered for now, but I did email the dealer and removed the body-side graphics. I just don't think they're worth $525 and I like the look better without. I also added the paint protection. I was going to cut the tube steps (aka running boards) as well, but my wife is convinced she won't be able to get in without them. I *almost* switched to the BL, but I think the WT interior looks great with the A51, and I don't see myself using the Rock Crawl mode that much. In fact, it's more likely to just become something extra that goes wrong with it. lol!

This is pretty much exactly what I ordered, if you added tube steps:

Kraken, Deano Bronc

Road trip!!!

Jul 10, 2021

I decided to keep my WT as ordered for now, but I did email the dealer and removed the body-side graphics. I just don't think they're worth $525 and I like the look better without. I also added the paint protection. I was going to cut the tube steps (aka running boards) as well, but my wife is convinced she won't be able to get in without them. I *almost* switched to the BL, but I think the WT interior looks great with the A51, and I don't see myself using the Rock Crawl mode that much. In fact, it's more likely to just become something extra that goes wrong with it. lol!

This is pretty much exactly what I ordered, if you added tube steps:

The paint protection film is only the front edge of the bronco. It does not cover the sides.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.

Rank V

Jul 10, 2021

The paint protection film is only the front edge of the bronco. It does not cover the sides.
Thanks… I saw that on B&P, but it does give me a little extra protection I guess.
SlashRacer