They won't sell me a bronco unless I cancel my order?

1Five1 Garage
Jul 26, 2021

Rank V

Jul 26, 2021

So the dealer I ordered my Broncos from has one on hand to sell. I was the first one to see it and express that I wanted it if it was for sale. Low and behold it is... with one stipulation. The sales manager told me I needed to cancel the first order (the Badlands) for me to buy this. FYI.. this was 2 hours after the sales person and I agreed and started the ball rolling. While it doesn't break my heart it is kind of odd. They told me they wouldn't sell me one because I have one on order....

@Gloff have you ever heard of this practice at all?
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2021

Rank V

Jul 26, 2021

Ford will penalize dealers for order holders not taking delivery of their orders. To what extent, I’m not sure of. Last I heard (around March when I was still working for Ford) it was a couple thousand dollars.
If you cancel your order before it goes to production, no penalty to the dealer. If it’s in production or past a certain point in the reservation process, they will likely be fined by FoMoCo.

Rank V

Jul 26, 2021

Ford will penalize dealers for order holders not taking delivery of their orders. To what extent, I’m not sure of. Last I heard (around March when I was still working for Ford) it was a couple thousand dollars.
If you cancel your order before it goes to production, no penalty to the dealer. If it’s in production or past a certain point in the reservation process, they will likely be fined by FoMoCo.

The thing is I was going to take both Broncos. The one on the lot and the one on Order.
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 26, 2021

I'm glad I can't order until next year, with all garbage the dealers are pulling, I'll be able to walk in and buy one on the lot they are trying to give away.
AcesandEights

Rank V

Jul 27, 2021

The thing is I was going to take both Broncos. The one on the lot and the one on Order.

They probably don’t want to risk it. Most people don’t have the means to buy two brand new vehicles back to back. Even if they do, they have months in a situation like this to decide against purchasing the second because (insert reason here).

In any case, I’m 99% positive that them marking up your order by $10g isn’t allowed per ford’s price protection policy. They can and do charge doc fees (ranging anywhere from $100-2000 if the dealer is greedy enough), so on and so forth, but cannot mark up the vehicle itself. In any case, Call Ford customer service, blast them on social media, roast them to the ground.

Road trip!!!

Jul 27, 2021

I'm glad I can't order until next year, with all garbage the dealers are pulling, I'll be able to walk in and buy one on the lot they are trying to give away.
You won’t find one on a lot in 2022. They will go like hot cakes as soon as they arrive on a lot. There is also a resin shortage so the top issue will probably get worse.

The GM at my LFD told me someone offered him $20k over msrp for his WildTrak demo.

ok….maybe you will find a soft top on a lot. Good luck getting it for msrp.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Tuletime, Deano Bronc

Road trip!!!

Jul 27, 2021

They probably don’t want to risk it. Most people don’t have the means to buy two brand new vehicles back to back. Even if they do, they have months in a situation like this to decide against purchasing the second because (insert reason here).

In any case, I’m 99% positive that them marking up your order by $10g isn’t allowed per ford’s price protection policy. They can and do charge doc fees (ranging anywhere from $100-2000 if the dealer is greedy enough), so on and so forth, but cannot mark up the vehicle itself. In any case, Call Ford customer service, blast them on social media, roast them to the ground.
I’m in discussion with my dealership about pricing now after we had agreed upon msrp.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jul 27, 2021

I’m in discussion with my dealership about pricing now after we had agreed upon msrp.

Yikes. That’s really sad to hear.
I’m not sure what I would do if my dealer suddenly told me there was a markup. Probably a lot of cussing, followed by “let me talk to Ford corporate about this to see what they have to think about it”, in addition to reading through the fine print in Ford’s price promises. Then just playing chicken with the dealer for a few days, holding my own order hostage saying I need time to arrange my finances and talk to my own bank/ financial advisor, because I had planned on a certain price for over a year. Because they can’t sell your order out from underneath you. Not until you confirm you won’t accept delivery. If they did that, it’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.
LR48

Libations MOD

Jul 27, 2021

So the dealer I ordered my Broncos from has one on hand to sell. I was the first one to see it and express that I wanted it if it was for sale. Low and behold it is... with one stipulation. The sales manager told me I needed to cancel the first order (the Badlands) for me to buy this. FYI.. this was 2 hours after the sales person and I agreed and started the ball rolling. While it doesn't break my heart it is kind of odd. They told me they wouldn't sell me one because I have one on order....

Get on your SOS's website and start an LLC then buy it under your newly acquired business and technically speaking it's not yours. MIne is already going under my business for tax purposes
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
cf_davey

Rank V

Jul 28, 2021

I have not, and I don't know why they would want you to cancel. Maybe they're worried about two name mismatches affecting their allocation?

Rank VI

Jul 28, 2021

Can someone post this price guarantee/promise people keep talking about? I don't remember seeing anything from Ford about being charged MSRP. I think you're confusing no price change at the corporate level (build and price) with the what the dealer is charging, and I don't think they are at all the same. I think Ford promised not to raise the price to the dealer.

I shopped around because my reservation was at a dealer that told me right away that they were going to charge a dealer markup, so I moved my reservation early on before ordering.

Does anyone have an email or some other documentation that reservation holders wouldn't be charged more than MSRP?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Deano Bronc

Home, home on the range

Jul 29, 2021

Can someone post this price guarantee/promise people keep talking about? I don't remember seeing anything from Ford about being charged MSRP. I think you're confusing no price change at the corporate level (build and price) with the what the dealer is charging, and I don't think they are at all the same. I think Ford promised not to raise the price to the dealer.

I shopped around because my reservation was at a dealer that told me right away that they were going to charge a dealer markup, so I moved my reservation early on before ordering.

Does anyone have an email or some other documentation that reservation holders wouldn't be charged more than MSRP?
As I remember we were never told there wouldn't be a dealer markup. We were told Ford wasn't going to raise MSRP. I signed my build sheet with my dealership confirming price when I ordered. This is all thanks to people here and I am very appreciative of all the information this site has made available to us.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022