The Official Bronco Photo Thread

Brronco
May 21, 2020

Rank 0

May 21, 2020

Hey guys,

I’d like to see all your bronco builds (stock or crazy build) in this thread. Add a little description about it as well if you’d like.

I’ll start, here is my 1995 Ford Bronco, I have had it since November of 2017 and she has treated me well ever since. Mostly stock with a few goodies, hope to upgrade her with some Solo/Desolate Motorsports in the future when I can start making money again. Thanks guys!

Attachments

Bsooudi, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2020

Rank 0

May 21, 2020

IMG_5918.jpg

1994 XLT 5.8 E4OD. Picked it up really cheap in Texas some five years ago, spent a good year and a half in the garage getting brought back to life, and it's been all over the country since. I've lost count of how many different vehicles I've scavenged parts out of for this thing.
Bsooudi, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

May 21, 2020

My ‘96 EB. Desolate Stage 1.5, with some extra offroad goodies.
A56E2700-7F7F-4848-BBDC-A2E5B7ADB20F.jpeg
399FA548-4740-41FE-9B75-4F9DBC646ED3.jpeg
69FFE657-C9CD-426D-BEBF-E2CF6C8C2E01.jpeg
Bsooudi, Deano Bronc

Rank III

May 22, 2020

It has been a long time since I had this one. Time to do it again ?

Attachments

Bsooudi, Deano Bronc

Rank III

May 22, 2020

still working on this one but it’s almost done...bought it back in 2008...totally rebuilt everything nothing is untouched!

Attachments

Bsooudi, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

May 22, 2020

View attachment 139
View attachment 140
View attachment 141
Love seeing this build on GFB and Instagram (y)(y)

Rank 0

May 22, 2020

View attachment 140

That updated suspension is inspiring! Looks so good!
Trent - Dirty Pistons Garage
1988 Ford Bronco XLT - Red / White | 1992 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer - Blue / Tan
Brronco

Rank III

May 22, 2020

still working on this one but it’s almost done...bought it back in 2008...totally rebuilt everything nothing is untouched!
Got a few questions for you:

axles?
steering on front end, full hydro, mix? if you have a mechanical linkage, how did you set that up?

I would like to 4-link the front on mine when I get to my axle swap, but as it will still be a street legal truck I need to have mechanical steering linkage, and also I like having feedback in the wheel which from what I understand you lose in a full hydro setup.

Thanks,
Brronco

Rank 0

May 22, 2020

'88 Bronco XLT:
Been in the family since 1989 - my brother's truck when he turned 17. I got it in 2004 when I turned 16 and did its first restoration then. Repainted it the current bright red base/clearcoat and kept the top white. Dropped in a Jasper 351W at the time and rebuilt the 4x4. Drove it all through high school and college ($5+ / gallon gas sucked back then!). No matter how hard or soft I drive, I get 10 mpg, ha. Original interior, stock height, 31" tires, straight dual exhaust.

1988 Ford Bronco - Red (Medium).jpg
Trent - Dirty Pistons Garage
1988 Ford Bronco XLT - Red / White | 1992 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer - Blue / Tan
Bsooudi, Deano Bronc

Rank III

May 22, 2020

460 stroker. broke because too much power/tire for 1/2 ton axles.

Attachments

Bsooudi, Deano Bronc

Rank III

May 22, 2020

Got a few questions for you:

axles?
steering on front end, full hydro, mix? if you have a mechanical linkage, how did you set that up?

I would like to 4-link the front on mine when I get to my axle swap, but as it will still be a street legal truck I need to have mechanical steering linkage, and also I like having feedback in the wheel which from what I understand you lose in a full hydro setup.

Thanks,
I have Rockwell 2.5 ton axles under mine. Full hydraulic steering. If you want mechanical then you need to get a crossover steering system for your rig. If I do a street legal bronco in the future I would put Dana 60 axles under it with crossover steering. I’m not even sure if any states would allow full hydraulic ram steering on the road. Crossover steering kits are online. They have the longer, beefier linkages for taller suspensions.

Rank III

May 22, 2020

I have Rockwell 2.5 ton axles under mine. Full hydraulic steering. If you want mechanical then you need to get a crossover steering system for your rig. If I do a street legal bronco in the future I would put Dana 60 axles under it with crossover steering. I’m not even sure if any states would allow full hydraulic ram steering on the road. Crossover steering kits are online. They have the longer, beefier linkages for taller suspensions.
ok, yeah I have seen the crossover and bellcrank designs. any recomendation on vendors? Also, were there any specifics to getting the right spring rate and spring lengths for your build? Looking at it, I assume your main purpose is mud, which would be the same for mine...we don' have rocks here in Louisiana.

I am not sure that a D60 can withstand the tires I want to run. I think if I go with 1 tons I'll be limited to 44s, whereas on 2.5 tons I should be able to run 54s. I'm running a stroked 460 that puts out in the 600hp range or more and turns 7k RPM. I haven't had a 1/2 ton axle last longer than 30 seconds under full throttle on the 38x15.5 on her right now.
Deano Bronc

Rank III

May 22, 2020

ok, yeah I have seen the crossover and bellcrank designs. any recomendation on vendors? Also, were there any specifics to getting the right spring rate and spring lengths for your build? Looking at it, I assume your main purpose is mud, which would be the same for mine...we don' have rocks here in Louisiana.

I am not sure that a D60 can withstand the tires I want to run. I think if I go with 1 tons I'll be limited to 44s, whereas on 2.5 tons I should be able to run 54s. I'm running a stroked 460 that puts out in the 600hp range or more and turns 7k RPM. I haven't had a 1/2 ton axle last longer than 30 seconds under full throttle on the 38x15.5 on her right now.
If your building a truck just for mud I wouldn’t bother with the one tons....go at least 2.5 ton top loaders like I did... for two reasons at least...1) the bronco has a short wheel base and when you go higher to fit larger tires that driveline angle becomes too steep and causes lots of problems. That top loader certainly helps with the angle but your gonna need a drop transfer case also. $$$$$ this is where the budget starts to balloon. 2) you can bore out the Rockwell’s to accept 2inch hardened chromolly axle shafts for even bigger tires....you will want bigger tires eventually .... but hey if you need any assistance I can share how somethings were conquered along my build process but just know going in that this is gonna be pricey!!! The rig you want may not be the rig you settle for... parts alone are insanely expensive and when you go this wild...and try to do it right... the fabrication involved is extensive. I have $80k in my truck.
Deano Bronc

Rank III

May 22, 2020

Btw.... spring weights are estimated and a conglomeration of theory and my fabricators experience.... we will see moving forward how everything responds. Next weekend I go to crank it up for the first time. It’s final assembly should be completed this weekend.

Rank III

May 22, 2020

If your building a truck just for mud I wouldn’t bother with the one tons....go at least 2.5 ton top loaders like I did... for two reasons at least...1) the bronco has a short wheel base and when you go higher to fit larger tires that driveline angle becomes too steep and causes lots of problems. That top loader certainly helps with the angle but your gonna need a drop transfer case also. $$$$$ this is where the budget starts to balloon. 2) you can bore out the Rockwell’s to accept 2inch hardened chromolly axle shafts for even bigger tires....you will want bigger tires eventually .... but hey if you need any assistance I can share how somethings were conquered along my build process but just know going in that this is gonna be pricey!!! The rig you want may not be the rig you settle for... parts alone are insanely expensive and when you go this wild...and try to do it right... the fabrication involved is extensive. I have $80k in my truck.
maybe I'll end up sticking wtih 44s. I Was hoping to keep my axle budget to about 15k tops, which looks to be about where a fully built set of rockwells runs, with brakes, shortened, chrome moly, etc. I know I can probably do 1 tons for about 2k for the axles and another 2k to regear and upgrade them. my FIL is a welder, and im an engineer so figuring our the suspension and fabbing it isn't much of an issue. That driveline angle issue is one of the reasons I wanted rockwells, along with how heavy they are to lower my CoG.

was pricing out springs/shocks the other day, looks like I can expect that to be another 4k if done right

Rank III

May 22, 2020

maybe I'll end up sticking wtih 44s. I Was hoping to keep my axle budget to about 15k tops, which looks to be about where a fully built set of rockwells runs, with brakes, shortened, chrome moly, etc. I know I can probably do 1 tons for about 2k for the axles and another 2k to regear and upgrade them. my FIL is a welder, and im an engineer so figuring our the suspension and fabbing it isn't much of an issue. That driveline angle issue is one of the reasons I wanted rockwells, along with how heavy they are to lower my CoG.

was pricing out springs/shocks the other day, looks like I can expect that to be another 4k if done right
I’m running 14”King coil overs and I can get you the spring weight...they cost me $3200

Also, I agree that you can have an awesome build and it be way cheaper than mine with 1 tons... nothing wrong with 44’s and you can still make it streetable and get twice the enjoyment out of it! I want to buy another bronco and do exactly that to it!
Deano Bronc, Brronco

Rank III

May 22, 2020

...also, my front axle is lengthened and centered...only see the narrowed axles on buggies
Deano Bronc

Rank III

May 22, 2020

There is a lot of info on solid axle swaps at fullsizebronco.com. Great group of people.
Deano Bronc, gibsBRonCO

Rank III

May 22, 2020

There is a lot of info on solid axle swaps at fullsizebronco.com. Great group of people.
I'm over there too, same name I think. And at FTE under a different name....been there for almost 20 years now, but I rarely post on either of those two.

Rank III

May 22, 2020

I'm over there too, same name I think. And at FTE under a different name....been there for almost 20 years now, but I rarely post on either of those two.
Good deal. Do you go those mudfests in Louisiana? I plan to go there one day. Is the mud all clay?