Signed Buyers Orders

ShaneGlass
Jan 01, 2022

Rank III

Jan 01, 2022

So I am new to this whole forums thing so I apologize in advance if I am out of order.

I ordered my 2D Badlands December 3, 2021. I am starting to see a lot of people saying that dealers are marking up Broncos above MSRP that people have ordered and reserved.
Is this a serious issue? Are they allowed to do that?
I called my salesman and asked if they were gonna do that and he said no they don't do that. I want to trust him but I don't know if I should.
There was an article I seen that said you should get a "Signed Buyers Order" that should list a final sales price. I will be trading in my Bronco Sport Badlands with Badlands package so
they're telling me they can't give an exact amount that will be owed because the value of my BS will obviously go down depending on how long it takes to get delivered.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on what I should do? and does anyone have a picture of what this "Signed Buyers Order" looks like?
TMars
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 01, 2022
OBXBroncoGuy

Jan 01, 2022

So I am new to this whole forums thing so I apologize in advance if I am out of order.

I ordered my 2D Badlands December 3, 2021. I am starting to see a lot of people saying that dealers are marking up Broncos above MSRP that people have ordered and reserved.
I called my salesman and asked if they were gonna do that and he said no they don't do that. I want to trust him but I don't know if I should.
There was an article I seen that said you should get a "Signed Buyers Order" that should list a final sales price. I will be trading in my Bronco Sport Badlands with Badlands package so
they're telling me they can't give an exact amount that will be owed because the value of my BS will obviously go down depending on how long it takes to get delivered.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on what I should do? and does anyone have a picture of what this "Signed Buyers Order" looks like?
wow..you’re trading in a bronco sport, for a bronco? First I’ve heard of someone doing it. From what you’ve said, it all sounds good. Trade price depends on a few things, good. Dealership said that they dont do that, good. BUT some here, will tell you to get an agreement in writing. I, just like quite a few here, didnt have any issue. Ask, but some dealership will say no, especially when you are trading something else with it.
BroncOitis, ShaneGlass

Rank III

Jan 01, 2022

There is nothing wrong with it, I wanted the 2D from the start but they kept saying they were delayed. So I got the BS as a placeholder because I needed a 4x4 for winter. Turns out it's better to put my order in sooner than later....well later than I already am. Thanks for your input.
Skerkenides, BroncOitis
OBXBroncoGuy

Jan 01, 2022

There is nothing wrong with it, I wanted the 2D from the start but they kept saying they were delayed. So I got the BS as a placeholder because I needed a 4x4 for winter. Turns out it's better to put my order in sooner than later....well later than I already am. Thanks for your input.
I figured that was the case, and forgot, there is a signed agreement sample, its just I can’t remember where it is right now..lol
BroncOitis, Darrel

Rank III

Jan 01, 2022

Is that where is kinda has a breakdown of the fees and monthly payments?
BroncOitis

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Jan 01, 2022

Hey ShaneGlass,

If you want to ensure that your Bronco arrives with no issues regarding pricing, you need to get a signed Purchase Agreement from your dealer. A preview order/order summary is just a confirmation of your order submitted to Ford. It does not give you the security of a signed Purchase Agreement.

Congratulations on your order and I really hope your Bronco arrives with no issues!
ShaneGlass, BroncOitis

🐎Moab bound🐎

Jan 01, 2022

I figured that was the case, and forgot, there is a signed agreement sample, its just I can’t remember where it is right now..lol
I think it's under a thread title with excessive ADM. I can't search thread titles on my phone.
Hi y'all, Lauri here and I am the proud owner of a MY21 Badlands, SAS, 2.7 auto, 4 door, soft top, Cactus Gray, no reservation, ordered 9/11/21, Took delivery 1/8/22!
ShaneGlass, BroncOitis

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Jan 01, 2022

You will be able to see and learn a lot with the link below, this thread even has a couple of pictures of a Signed Purchase Agreement. Page 98 or #98 had the picture.

https://thebronconation.com/forums/threads/excessive-mark-up.8515/post-121711
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
ShaneGlass, Darrel

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Jan 01, 2022

The purchase Agreement that you will see with the post just above this one, is a more extreme Purchase Agreement. The one that I have was a little more simpler than that one, but will still give you a breakdown of MSRP, with taxes, docking fees, government fees, and administration fees. My honest opinion would be that it won't hurt anybody to ask for a Singed Purchase Agreement, however I have heard of some getting an "Order Summary" Signed from your Dealership. I personally would stick with the SPA just so you sleep better at night.
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
ShaneGlass

Burrito Connoisseur

Jan 01, 2022

I've mentioned this on a few other posts--including the post @BroncOitis linked to above, so apologies if I'm just repeating something you've already read.

A buyer's order is simply an agreement about purchase price, the documentation fees, and/or taxes. Every dealer will have a different buyer's order form, and some dealers use their purchase agreement form as a buyer's order. Normally the buyer's order protects the seller (the dealer) from the customer who may try to negotiate a lower price or abandon the order once the vehicle arrives. However, in the current market the tables have flipped a little bit, and now protects the customers (us) from getting screwed over by the dealer who may sell the vehicle above a certain price point.

As @BroncOitis mentioned, a lot of people have been signing the "Order Summary" thinking that protects them. It does not, that summary makes ZERO guarantees in regards to the final sales price of the vehicle. It that form, that once signed by you, confirms that the dealer submitted the order correctly into Ford's system, and it just happens to list Ford's Manufacturers Suggested Sales Price (MSRP) on the paper--keyword there being "suggested".

Here is a an example of what my purchase order looks like for my 2021 order. (It is now null and void since my vehicle never got built, so I had to get a new one for 2022):
agreement.png

And here is an example of the Order Summary sheet that a lot of people have mistakenly assumed locks in their price. This form should look extremely similar regardless of what dealer you go to, as it is generated by Ford's ordering system. Notice that the selling price is not listed on the forum, only MSRP is listed.
summary.png
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
TMars, Pawel Kaliszan

Rank III

Jan 01, 2022

Thanks everyone< you all have been a huge help!
TMars, BroncOitis

Rank II

Jan 01, 2022

There are dealerships that honest and those that will try and make you pay over MSRP. I have to say that the horror stories made me nervous too. Good luck, I hope that your dealer will stay true to his word.
ShaneGlass