The auto up down window seal feature stopped working

spence66
May 08, 2022

Rank IV

May 08, 2022

The feature that automatically lowers the front window a tad then rolls it back up to seal the window after you close the front doors stopped working last week. Anybody else have this problem?

Attachments

Msmymny
Last edited by a moderator: May 08, 2022

Rank VI

May 11, 2022

I haven't had any issues with this yet. Might want to try the fix other people were doing, I thought that was for this issue, not positive though. It's the one where you roll windows down (hold button 5 seconds), roll back up (hold button again). And maybe repeat, sorry that I don't remember it word for word.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Grey Pony, spence66

Rank VI

May 11, 2022

Strange looks like you’re door closed with the window all the way up? Haven’t had that problem, but try this…

So common, we need an acronym for this…

RUDH93X

Roll
Up
Down
Hold 9 seconds in each position
Repeat 3 times
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top
BRNCOOZ, JoelDryden

Rank VI

May 11, 2022

Make the dealership fix It ‍♂️
spence66

Rank VI

May 11, 2022

Make the dealership fix It ‍♂️
Haha. I don’t know all the rules here, but think you gotta DRINK!
spence66, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

May 11, 2022

Make the dealership fix It ‍♂

I like your thinking, but sometimes if it's an easy fix, I'd rather do it than deal with the hassle of making an appointment, dropping the Bronco off, having a ride back home. Then of course come back later, pick up Bronco, drive home. That's just a pain in the ass for some of the easy things.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
87BroncoVB, Darrel

Rank V

May 11, 2022

Had the same issue the day after receiving our 2021 back in December, did the little button procedure and no issues since, has about 1,600 miles on it now.
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT: Factory dark jade and wimbleton special tutone, 32,000 original miles, sport steering wheel, CB, lighted vanity, AC, etc.
2021 Bronco Badlands carbonized gray, 4Dr, 2.7, lux, leather, Trektop, Rock Slide Engineering steps & tailgate table.
EvlNvrDys

Rank IV

May 12, 2022

Strange looks like you’re door closed with the window all the way up? Haven’t had that problem, but try this…

RUDH93X

Roll
Up
Down
Repeat 3 times
Thank's I'll give that a try!

Rank I

Jun 05, 2022

This sequence works great. I was reading the owners manual, and I believe the issue happens when we accidentally override the “Window Bounce Back”. It is overridden by doing this:
1. Close the window until it reaches the point of resistance and let it reverse.
2. Lift and hold the window control switch within two seconds to override bounce-back and close the window. Bounce-back is now disabled and you can close the window manually.

Rank IV

Jun 14, 2022

2022 2 door.
Only passenger door has Intermittent issue...
Open door
1. Window may or may not roll down to clear seal
Closed door
2. While driving, roll window down and it won't roll back up.

In both instances the door loses power and will reset at some point...typically hours latter. A real PITA in the rain or snow. No confidence in the window.

Resets won't work since there is no power

Any tips?

Life is a Highway

Jun 14, 2022

2022 2 door.
Only passenger door has Intermittent issue...
Open door
1. Window may or may not roll down to clear seal
Closed door
2. While driving, roll window down and it won't roll back up.

In both instances the door loses power and will reset at some point...typically hours latter. A real PITA in the rain or snow. No confidence in the window.

Resets won't work since there is no power

Any tips?
Check the wiring connection between the body and the door. It may not be plugged in all the way

Rank IV

Jun 14, 2022

Great suggestion!
Un plugged and plugged back in.

Now we just have to wait...

Rank V

Jun 28, 2022

RUDH93X

Roll
Up
Down
Repeat 3 times

This worked for me

Rank IV

Jun 28, 2022

Same exact issue here.
The door also looses power. Numerous times at the dealer. Reached out to Ford. They are aware of the window auto down issue but no power to the door is new. Dealer is waiting for direction from Ford and Ford is waiting on feedback from the dealer.

Frustrating for sure...

Rank VI

Jun 28, 2022

Same exact issue here.
The door also looses power. Numerous times at the dealer. Reached out to Ford. They are aware of the window auto down issue but no power to the door is new. Dealer is waiting for direction from Ford and Ford is waiting on feedback from the dealer.

Frustrating for sure...
Have ya tried reseating the connector in the door jam? Inspect the pins and such when you disconnect.
Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Jun 28, 2022

Yep...done all that.

If you can't fix it with a hammer it must be electrical...and I suck at electrical, good with a hammer though...hehe
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Rank IV

Jun 28, 2022

Dealer thinks it's the regulator,, harness or BCM.
Now the trick is to get FoMoCo to authorize the parts to fix it without knowing the true cause.

Rank VI

Jun 28, 2022

Yep...done all that.

If you can't fix it with a hammer it must be electrical...and I suck at electrical, good with a hammer though...hehe
No other option then. You’ll just have to take the doors off for the rest of summer !
Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Jun 28, 2022

That's what the Early Bronco is for...LOL
Deano Bronc, TK1215

Rank 0

Oct 27, 2022

I just tried this RUDH93X on my 2 door bronco and it fixed it. Thanks!