Champion I

Aug 13, 2020
Higley Hot Dog, East Williams Field Road, Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Donovan
Last Name
Wright
Member #

I have gotten warrants for this very information and the courts really make you jump through hoops. The information and the process to get it is really interesting. We utilized the California Highway Patrol MAIT team. master mechanics, a pleasure to watch them work
I suspect getting anything done in Cali was a challenge. :cautious:

• Love
Reactions: TK1215

Cliffhanger

Rank II

Advocate III

May 25, 2021
Florida
First Name
christine
Last Name
Fennelle
I appreciate the manual telling me how to disconnect the seat belt chime. In certain off road situations. Not all. I will take my chances getting ejected in the rare chance of a roll over and I don't want to hear that damn chime lol.:ROFLMAO:
I was looking for that too! Soooo annoying! Also want to know how to turn off that auto start/stop feature. I won’t like that at all!

Reactions: TK1215 and DRWright

DRWright

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 13, 2020
First Name
Donovan
Last Name
Wright
Member #

That auto start stop was the first thing I looked for
Forscan usually has a way to disable it and in my work truck I just plugged in an empty plug to my trailer hookup and it no longer does it if it thinks there is a trailer attached.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

Forscan usually has a way to disable it and in my work truck I just plugged in an empty plug to my trailer hookup and it no longer does it if it thinks there is a trailer attached.
Heading over your way this morning. Have an unplanned stop at the presidential pool park. Gotta pick new materials for the new pool. Alas supply chain issues. Then over to Chandler to hang out with the family!

• Wow
Reactions: DRWright

DRWright

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 13, 2020
First Name
Donovan
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Heading over your way this morning. Have an unplanned stop at the presidential pool park. Gotta pick new materials for the new pool. Alas supply chain issues. Then over to Chandler to hang out with the family!
That's only a few miles away :) I was thinking about stopping by the Ford dealer today to see if they got any Bronco literature or a paper copy of the accessories.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

That's only a few miles away :) I was thinking about stopping by the Ford dealer today to see if they got any Bronco literature or a paper copy of the accessories.
I doubt they will. They tell everyone to get it on line

• Sad
Reactions: DRWright

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

I am just now getting around to looking at the Bronco Owner’s Manual. Nice.
I was glad to see the lug nut torque setting, 100 lb. ft (135Nm), on page 392. Good stuff.

Reactions: Bronc96

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

OK, here is a question for all the BN members who like to get deep into the weeds of our Bronco.

We know it is recommended to use a torque wrench when tightening the wheel lug nuts. Will you also be using a separate torque wrench for the roof rack installation? I plan to utilize my roof rack often yet plan to remove it to gain the topless experience. Improper tightening of the bolts would seem to risk a point of failure.

We know the roof rack bolts will be utilizing a T30 socket and the recommended torque settings will vary from 8Nm to 10.5Nm based on the bolt being tightened. (See page 277.) It would seem to me a torque wrench set as seen in the link below, or equivalent, might be useful. Thoughts?

Amazon.com: PRO BIKE TOOL 1/4 Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench Set – 2 to 20 Nm – Bicycle Maintenance Kit for Road & Mountain Bikes - Includes Allen & Torx Sockets, Extension Bar & Storage Box: Home Improvement

Howdy

Rank VI

Champion III

Oct 9, 2020
United States
First Name
H
Last Name
Zuch
Member #

My thoughts: The calibration tolerances on that 1/4" socket are probably wide enough that you would feel negligible difference between 6 to 8 ft.lbs. Wrench length certainly is important, but a firm feel (one that would defeat road vibration) is probably fine to just estimate with your own standard wrench. No worries for the rear fastener, as the supplied special tool stops turning when you have the proper torque applied.

Reactions: BuzzyBud and TK1215

TexasFlusher

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jul 14, 2021
Houston, Texas
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Faulkner
I like to perform my own oil changes so wondering how easy the oil filter will be to access. My Wrangler's oil filter was in a great spot. Hope Bronco's are too.

Reactions: LR48 and TK1215

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

The filter should be in the same spot as the Ranger, (same engine right?) unles they put in a remote filter.

This might help

Soupcook

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 14, 2021
Auburndale, FL, USA
First Name
Walter
Last Name
Lynch
Member #

The filter should be in the same spot as the Ranger, (same engine right?) unles they put in a remote filter.

This might help

Don't forget that the wheel well also has to be worked around. I ordered the 2.7L engine on the Bronco so I am hoping it will be easire than my Ranger.

Reactions: TK1215 and LR48