Test Drive - Bronco 2-door Outer Banks.

BuzzyBud
Jul 07, 2021

Rank VI

Jul 07, 2021

Heading up the road to Irwin Ford, Laconia, NH to test drive their Bronco 2-door Outer Banks tomorrow, 7/8/21. Appt made for 11:00AM. Should be fun!

2021 Ford, Lincoln Bronco Outer Banks - Ford, Lincoln dealer in Laconia New Hampshire – New and Used Ford, Lincoln dealership serving Tilton Meredith Concord Manchester New Hampshire (irwinzoneford.com)
KJC76, Speed Devil
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 07, 2021

Life is a Highway

Jul 07, 2021

Heading up the road to Irwin Ford, Laconia, NH to test drive their Bronco 2-door Outer Banks tomorrow, 7/8/21. Appt made for 11:00AM. Should be fun!

2021 Ford, Lincoln Bronco Outer Banks - Ford, Lincoln dealer in Laconia New Hampshire – New and Used Ford, Lincoln dealership serving Tilton Meredith Concord Manchester New Hampshire (irwinzoneford.com)
Nice post lots of pictures and of course your takeaways and insights. ;)
Bike007b, Laura

Rank II

Jul 07, 2021

looking forward to your feedback

enjoy!
TK1215, Steve777468

Rank V

Jul 08, 2021

@BuzzyBud you’re my hero.

You’d be at the top of my “IOU” list if you give us your feedback on the rear seat situation for two doors. If you think they can be removed without causing permanent damage, if the rear AND front passenger seat can be folded down flat, and what the length/ width is. That would be amazing.

Also, since we discussed fuel concerns the other day, how easy you think it’s going to be to mount Rollpax in there with the hard top still on? Or if you can dig around in the under-floor/ under-seat storage to see how much space we’re looking at to store stuff?

I know I sound super needy right now. But every time I watch a review vid I end up with more questions than answers, it seems.

Currently south of Tucson and all dealers around here either don’t know what they’re talking about, or are “hoping” they see their demo within 30 days. With my work schedule it doesn’t matter anyway because I’m isolated 10 hours per day Monday through Saturday and most likely won’t have the time to go see one for myself before returning home in October.
WyoBronc, TK1215

Rank VI

Jul 08, 2021

@BuzzyBud you’re my hero.

You’d be at the top of my “IOU” list if you give us your feedback on the rear seat situation for two doors. If you think they can be removed without causing permanent damage, if the rear AND front passenger seat can be folded down flat, and what the length/ width is. That would be amazing.

Also, since we discussed fuel concerns the other day, how easy you think it’s going to be to mount Rollpax in there with the hard top still on? Or if you can dig around in the under-floor/ under-seat storage to see how much space we’re looking at to store stuff?

I know I sound super needy right now. But every time I watch a review vid I end up with more questions than answers, it seems.

Currently south of Tucson and all dealers around here either don’t know what they’re talking about, or are “hoping” they see their demo within 30 days. With my work schedule it doesn’t matter anyway because I’m isolated 10 hours per day Monday through Saturday and most likely won’t have the time to go see one for myself before returning home in October.

I understand your request and will see what I can do. It might be helpful to understand my motivations for the test drive. My goal is to identify the things I do not like about a Bronco and determine if I can live with those aspects. To help with this I have invited one of my Jeep buddies to come along for my “reality therapy” session. I chose today since the weather report predicts a miserable rainy day which helps simulate a nasty day out on the trails. Besides, I need to see that puny rear wiper blade in action. Should be interesting! ;)
Wamland, TK1215

Rank VI

Jul 08, 2021

@Broncadonk MKG I want to circle back to your statement as captured above. We know Rollpax comes in containers for both fuel and water. (See attached link).
RollpaX 1.5 Gallon Gasoline (rotopax.com)
Are you seeking to store fuel inside the Bronco cabin? Maybe your plan is to attach the Rollpax to the support bar holding the rear stereo speaker? (See pic below.)
2021-bronco-nyse-13-jpg.jpg

You may have seen a pic of the Overland Bronco which contained a RotoPax product inside the cabin. (See pic below.)
Overland_Forum-02.jpg

It is important to note, THIS IS NOT A FUEL CONTAINER. This container is actually orange in color and is referred to as an emergency storage container within the suite of RotoPax products.
roto family.png

Have I misunderstood your intended use for the Rollpax?

If you intend to store water containers in the cabin, that is AOK. For that intended use, I might recommend the MSR Dromedary Bags, rather than the white colored RotoPax containers. You can stuff the bags in all kinds of cubbies within the Bronco interior. The cubby next to the one used to store the factory supplied jack is just one example. (See link below.)
Amazon.com : MSR Dromedary Bag Water Reservoir, 4-Liter, Black : Sports & Outdoors
Reldn, Bronc96

Rank V

Jul 08, 2021

@Broncadonk MKG I want to circle back to your statement as captured above. We know Rollpax comes in containers for both fuel and water. (See attached link).
Are you seeking to store fuel inside the Bronco cabin? Maybe your plan is to attach the Rollpax to the support bar holding the rear stereo speaker? (See pic below.)
View attachment 15261

You may have seen a pic of the Overland Bronco which contained a RotoPax product inside the cabin. (See pic below.)
View attachment 15262

It is important to note, THIS IS NOT A FUEL CONTAINER. This container is actually orange in color and is referred to as an emergency storage container within the suite of RotoPax products.
View attachment 15263

If you intend to store water containers in the cabin, that is AOK. For that intended use, I might recommend the MSR Dromedary Bags, rather than the white colored RotoPax containers. You can stuff the bags in all kinds of cubbies within the Bronco interior. The cubby next to the one used to store the factory supplied jack is just one example. (See link below.)
Amazon.com : MSR Dromedary Bag Water Reservoir, 4-Liter, Black : Sports & Outdoors
No misunderstanding! Sorry I should’ve clarified. Non-flammables inside the cabin. Gas can is going to be a (preferably) bumper or spare-mounted Jerry can. Although RPX seem like an excellent product I don’t trust plastic to withstand extended exposure outside.

Slight tangent, what’s the recommended shelf life of water stored in either the MSR or RPX?
I’ve looked up MSR in the past and they’re definitely a possibility if I find an overhead storage solution out of direct sunlight for water. For cross country trips though, I think I’ll have a rooftop reservoir. Like the Yakima RoadShower or some low profile/ high weight spread dissemination bladder.
TK1215, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Jul 08, 2021

Today I spent over 90 minutes examining and test driving a 2021 Bronco 2-door Outer Banks. My journey to owning a Bronco is structured around a series of events which give me data for decision making. I know, sounds way too analytical and you are correct. Despite my best efforts to stay objective, waves of shear joy crash over me during events like this and today was no different.

We all know the waiting for our Broncos with no known day/month/year of arrival is excruciatingly difficult. The human spirit needs moments of Bronco Joy the way a starving person needs food. If possible, find a Bronco or multiple Bronco to test drive. I guarantee you will enjoy the process.

I had the great pleasure of examining a Bronco and test driving it with no one looking over my shoulder. I was given limitless time but kept myself to approximately 90 minutes due to my own sensory overload.

I tried four of the GOAT modes and had a favorite. I programmed the navigation system to test the functionality and used it to return to the dealership. I operated the digital cluster to better understand the initiative design and loved the use of color for each GOAT mode. I blasted the music and put the windows down and up to understand the effect. I watched the puny rear wiper blade clear the rain drops off the rear window. I experienced the shear joy of backing up while viewing the 12” monitor. On and on and on with no limits on my exploration.

I will say, I went into this process with my list but quickly decided to just have fun. Lots of fun! Although it was wonderful, I did have an important objective. How would I feel owning/driving a 2-door? To answer that question, I needed to observe many individual items/actions. Each of us will have different lists and make different observations. I was attempting to determine through direct observation if I felt the way one feels when wearing their most favorite pair of jeans. Yes, that is how I felt today!

Go find a Bronco and have fun! Although my comments were general in nature, I am happy to answer any specific questions.

The Bronco 2-door.
Bronco 2-door.jpg

My F150 parked next to the Bronco.
Bronco and F150.jpg

Broncos arriving for the Northeast Off-Roadeo. All Badlands 4-doors with soft tops.

Broncos for Off-Roadeo.jpg

Happy guy!

BuzzyBud Selfie.jpg
Sdakotabronco, RedCo

Life is a Highway

Jul 08, 2021

View attachment 15261

View attachment 15262

View attachment 15263

Hey @BuzzyBud i believe you are spot on regarding the dromedary bags. Everything I have heard they are both flexible yet very sturdy. Also to be transparent, I have no real world experience with them
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Jul 08, 2021

Had fun pawing through the glove box!

Contents of Bronco Glove Box 1.jpg

Contents of Bronco Glove Box 2.jpg
KJC76, TEEDEE

Rank VI

Jul 08, 2021

Today I spent over 90 minutes examining and test driving a 2021 Bronco 2-door Outer Banks. My journey to owning a Bronco is structured around a series of events which give me data for decision making. I know, sounds way too analytical and you are correct. Despite my best efforts to stay objective, waves of shear joy crash over me during events like this and today was no different.

We all know the waiting for our Broncos with no known day/month/year of arrival is excruciatingly difficult. The human spirit needs moments of Bronco Joy the way a starving person needs food. If possible, find a Bronco or multiple Bronco to test drive. I guarantee you will enjoy the process.

I had the great pleasure of examining a Bronco and test driving it with no one looking over my shoulder. I was giving limitless time but kept myself to approximately 90 minutes due to my own sensory overload.

I tried four of the GOAT modes and had a favorite. I programmed the navigation system to test the functionality and used it to return to the dealership. I operated the digital cluster to better understand the initiative design and loved the use of color for each GOAT mode. I blasted the music and put the windows down and up to understand the effect. I watched the puny rear wiper blade clear the rain drops off the rear window. I experienced the shear joy of backing up while viewing the 12” monitor. On and on and on with no limits on my exploration.

I will say, I went into this process with my list but quickly decided to just have fun. Lots of fun! Although it was wonderful, I did have an important objective. How would I feel owning/driving a 2-door? To answer that question, I needed to observe many individual items/actions. Each of us will have different lists and make different observations. I was attempting to determine through direct observation if I felt the way one feels when wearing their most favorite pair of jeans. Yes, that is how I felt today!

Go find a Bronco and have fun! Although my comments were general in nature, I am happy to answer any specific questions.

The Bronco 2-door.
View attachment 15279

My F150 parked next to the Bronco.
View attachment 15283

Broncos arriving for the Northeast Off-Roadeo. All Badlands 4-doors with soft tops.

View attachment 15281

Happy guy!

View attachment 15282

Awesome!!!!!!! Amazing!!!!!
TK1215, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Jul 08, 2021

Awesome!!!!!!! Amazing!!!!!

If you have not already test driven a Bronco, you need to do this!! It is an off-the-scale level of joy!
SlashRacer, TEEDEE

Rank VI

Jul 08, 2021

Buzzy, curious to see what your Jeep buddy thought of the Bronco and the test drive? Seems he was open minded enough to go with you or maybe he wanted to just poke you endlessly about your giddy joy.;)

Great work on sharing your thoughts. Appreciate the insight.
TEEDEE, TK1215

Rank VI

Jul 08, 2021

Buzzy, curious to see what your Jeep buddy thought of the Bronco and the test drive? Seems he was open minded enough to go with you or maybe he wanted to just poke you endlessly about your giddy joy.;)

Great work on sharing your thoughts. Appreciate the insight.

Ha-ha! My Jeep buddy cancelled. Seems he has three more years of car payments to make and perhaps he would like the Bronco way more than his 2020 Jeep Gladiator. ;)
Sdakotabronco, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Jul 08, 2021

Ha-ha! My Jeep buddy cancelled. Seems he has three more years of car payments to make and perhaps he would like the Bronco way more than his 2020 Jeep Gladiator. ;)
He should have gone. That is about the time it would take for his order to arrive so he could trade in his paid off Gladiator.
Sdakotabronco, TEEDEE

Rank VI

Jul 08, 2021

An interesting side note:

I happen to love Irwin Ford, Laconia, NH but chose a different dealer for my Bronco. I did not make that fact known during the test drive, since it was not relevant.
However, the salesman asked if I liked the 2-door Outer Banks. He stated how management might be very receptive to allowing a deposit/contract for the sale of that Bronco now and once the Ford specific duration for test drives is met it could be mine. No one has yet jumped on that opportunity.
Had it been a Badlands in Carb Gray, I might have taken that offer. Interesting! ;)
SlashRacer, Wamland

Rank V

Jul 08, 2021

Hey Mr. BuzzyBud....did you find out if the rear seat can be removed similar to my Wrangler? I took my rear seat out 10 years ago and haven't put it back since. In fact, it's still wrappedIMG_2667.JPG in trash bags and sitting in my garage....hopefully mice free :-)
Deano Bronc, Bronco V-8

Rank VI

Jul 08, 2021

Hey Mr. BuzzyBud....did you find out if the rear seat can be removed similar to my Wrangler? I took my rear seat out 10 years ago and haven't put it back since. In fact, it's still wrappedView attachment 15288 in trash bags and sitting in my garage....hopefully mice free :)

I did not. That skill set does not appear to be in my pay grade. Sorry! ;)
TK1215

Rank V

Jul 08, 2021

Perhaps @Laura knows :)
TK1215
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jul 08, 2021

Perhaps @Laura knows :)
I mean, it CAN be removed, ha. A 2021 Bronco seat delete is not a quick "supposed to" pop out change, however.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
KJC76, TEEDEE