Upper Handles ?

jaypiche
Sep 03, 2021

Rank IV

Sep 03, 2021

Hello, was going to make webbing straps handles for the cabin (above head) since the ones on the IP are quite far. Similar to what you can do on a Jeep. Anyone know if we can unscrew those and won’t affect the airbag mechanism?

Thanks for your input

J.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 03, 2021

No Ragerts

Sep 04, 2021

Hello, was going to make webbing straps handles for the cabin (above head) since the ones on the IP are quite far. Similar to what you can do on a Jeep. Anyone know if we can unscrew those and won’t affect the airbag mechanism?

Thanks for your input

J.
Are you referring to unscrewing the trim? If so, that shouldn’t affect the air bags at all. If you are using a Velcro mounted grab handle just be sure it’s installation doesn’t interfere with any wires, sensors or safety gear.

DISCLAIMER: I haven’t received my Bronco yet and the statement above may be totally wrong (but I doubt it)
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
jaypiche

Rank V

Sep 06, 2021

Thanks for your input

J.
I was thinking the same thing, but after looking at where the upper airbag deploys from it will be in the way. I think that's why Ford didn't put them up there or have them available as an option
jaypiche

Rank II

Sep 07, 2021

I would be very careful with this, in the event that the airbag deploys that could become a fast moving projectile aimed at your head. Jeeps can do this because they don't have side curtain airbags
jaypiche

No Ragerts

Sep 12, 2021

Are you referring to unscrewing the trim? If so, that shouldn’t affect the air bags at all. If you are using a Velcro mounted grab handle just be sure it’s installation doesn’t interfere with any wires, sensors or safety gear.

DISCLAIMER: I haven’t received my Bronco yet and the statement above may be totally wrong (but I doubt it)
Just attended Bronco Off-Roadeo and looked carefully at this area.I am retracting my statement above.

DO NOT MOUNT ANYTHING ON THAT PORTION OF THE ROLL BAR. It does indeed have an air bag within.

6FB81392-D35E-4783-A4F5-B09D253DEA25.jpeg
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
jaypiche, Jmoder