9/2 production confirmation - dealer (Boucher Ford) screwed up order

brewpunk
Sep 02, 2021

Rank IV

Sep 02, 2021

I received my production confirm today win VIN: 4dr BL Sasquatch, 2.7L, Lux, soft top, tow, 7/13 reservation date, but the order was incorrect. I had just switched from a 2 dr BL Squatch to a 4 dr BLSquatch on Tuesday (8/31/21). I asked the dealer to send me confirm, but I didn't receive one so I called to request it again the next day (9/1). Of course they didn't review it and they forgot to order Sasquatch. I called and asked to correct it immediately (9/1). By the end of the day (9/1) I requested confirm again, and the salesperson said it would be done on Thursday (9/2) WTF?. I received my order confirmation email this morning (9/2) with No Sasquatch. I called Ford and they said the only thing that can happen is the dealer needs to call their Ford rep and hope they can do something. I had to call the dealer twice today to speak with someone who is "working on it".

I was waiting for this day for so long, and now this inept dealer has made it a crap day. I understand the switch was risky, but I've been experiencing terrible communication from my dealer from the start. I tried switching dealers last fall, but was told it was too late.
KennyMac, bdawson24

Rank VI

Sep 02, 2021

What's the rumpus? Can't they change it until a VIN is assigned?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole

Rank IV

Sep 02, 2021

I received the production email today with VIN.

Life is a Highway

Sep 02, 2021

Man that thought goes through my mind every time I have considered changing something on my build. So very sorry to hear, that sucks

Rank VI

Sep 02, 2021

I received the production email today with VIN.

Ohhhhh. Well then, sorry to hear that. If it helps, Sas isn't all that. You can do all of the same mods aftermarket.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole

Rank IV

Sep 02, 2021

The biggest issue with aftermarket mods is the 4.7 gear ratio. Without the Squatch it is a 4.46 and I've been told if I want to run 35's the 4.7 ratio is best.
KennyMac, AcesandEights

Rank IV

Sep 02, 2021

Man that thought goes through my mind every time I have considered changing something on my build. So very sorry to hear, that sucks
I always worried too, and that is why I wanted the order confirmation, because on previous changes they screwed up, but had time to fix it after I pointed it out. My dealer has had terrible communication from the start, and if I don't follow up, things are always missed. This could all have been avoided if the dealer handled things timely and had open communication.
TK1215, KennyMac