Looking for recommendations for a set of Road Tires and rims for Badland with Sasquatch package

JD_Offroad
Dec 10, 2022

Rank IV

Dec 10, 2022

2 years waiting - and my Badlands/Hardtop/4 door w/Sasquatch package is arriving this month!!
I am going to buy a set of road tires + rims so when I'm using this as a daily driver, and then put on the original Sasquatch wheels when I go off-roading..

I found a website that seems to have a great deal on rim/tire packages -

https://www.extremeterrain.com/dv8-...id=d628ee09f4c61fa75cdf8d9d5bee7397&gclsrc=ds

I'm planning to call them tomorrow to see if they can offer a similar package with all-season road tires..

Any advice/tips or links to other places to look?? So psyched!!! My Bronco is built!! just waiting to ship.. :)
John Dunn
Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2022

Rank IV

Dec 10, 2022

2 years waiting - and my Badlands/Hardtop/4 door w/Sasquatch package is arriving this month!!
I am going to buy a set of road tires + rims so when I'm using this as a daily driver, and then put on the original Sasquatch wheels when I go off-roading..

https://www.extremeterrain.com/dv8-...id=d628ee09f4c61fa75cdf8d9d5bee7397&gclsrc=ds

I'm planning to call them tomorrow to see if they can offer a similar package with all-season road tires..

Any advice/tips or links to other places to look?? So psyched!!! My Bronco is built!! just waiting to ship.. :)
I’m a bit confused. These tires are a nice road tire. There’re the lightest tire in that size by far. Pretty quiet good in snow. Don’t think you can find a more efficient good looking, good handling tire for the road. Ford put them on for a reason and it wasn’t for off roading.

Most people choose to do the exact opposite and buy a more aggressive off road tire combo for those days.
Bronco 202?, JD_Offroad

Burrito Connoisseur

Dec 11, 2022

Do you want to keep the "Bronco look" at all or are you just going to maximum ride comfort and MPG?
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon

Rank V

Dec 11, 2022

If you go bigger than 35 inch you will need to recalibrate your speedo using Forscan or a Hypertech odometer. 37s might fit without a lift but will be tight.

We're very happy with our Maxxis Trepador tires (37s). Whether its hot (120 temps) cold (20 temps) wet, dry, good grip, slow, fast (100mph in Bronco) they're great. A bit pricey and heavy but they look good, super durable, ride smooth, and def worth it IMHO. Much better than others we've had over the years like KO2, KM2, Wrangler, Toyo, Nitto etc. KM2 not bad if sized correctly and Interco TSL's are epic in winter/mud climate but the Trepadors are best all around offroad/onroad tire we've tested to date.

Here's a few pics of the Treps on our rig + Broncowski with his six pack. Please forgive the tire shine...it was the only application to date during a detail after 16 months of ownership.

2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
JD_Offroad, rws

Anxiously waiting for Super Cel

Dec 11, 2022

Can't go wrong with Tire Rack. Sometimes you can find some outstanding deals.
The Bridgestone Dueler HT is a great tire with very good wet traction and rides smooth.
Black Diamond/4-door/mid pkg/2.7/MIC/rack/towing/Eruption Green/res 7.13.20/ord 2.8.21, then 10.15.21/built 1.21.22/delivered 4.15.22
Gunstock Off-Roadeo 10/29/22/Steel and Stirrups Traveling Lamp holder 9.23
Gaia GPS
Bronco 202?, JD_Offroad

Rank VI

Dec 11, 2022

I have 24k on my SAS oem tires. Probably have another 20k in tread life. They are great road tires. The only weak spot is that I wouldn’t want to do serious rock crawling with these tires. What makes it light weight for the road, makes it too thin for rock crawling and vulnerable to puncture.
JD_Offroad, extra toasty

Rank IV

Dec 11, 2022

If you go bigger than 35 inch you will need to recalibrate your speedo using Forscan or a Hypertech odometer. 37s might fit without a lift but will be tight.

We're very happy with our Maxxis Trepador tires (37s). Whether its hot (120 temps) cold (20 temps) wet, dry, good grip, slow, fast (100mph in Bronco) they're great. A bit pricey and heavy but they look good, super durable, ride smooth, and def worth it IMHO. Much better than others we've had over the years like KO2, KM2, Wrangler, Toyo, Nitto etc. KM2 not bad if sized correctly and Interco TSL's are epic in winter/mud climate but the Trepadors are best all around offroad/onroad tire we've tested to date.

Here's a few pics of the Treps on our rig + Broncowski with his six pack. Please forgive the tire shine...it was the only application to date during a detail after 16 months of ownership.

Thanks!! I'll look at these!!
John Dunn
NT AUTOMOTIVE

Rank IV

Dec 11, 2022

I’m a bit confused. These tires are a nice road tire. There’re the lightest tire in that size by far. Pretty quiet good in snow. Don’t think you can find a more efficient good looking, good handling tire for the road. Ford put them on for a reason and it wasn’t for off roading.

Most people choose to do the exact opposite and buy a more aggressive off road tire combo for those days.

Sounds like maybe I'm the one who is confused? The tires that are coming with the Sasquatch package are described by Ford as 'Mud Terrain" tires. I was thinking then that I'd get some all season road tires..... Sounds like 'the exact opposite' of what I was thinking is the way I need to go :) Thanks!
John Dunn
extra toasty

Rank IV

Dec 11, 2022

I have 24k on my SAS oem tires. Probably have another 20k in tread life. They are great road tires. The only weak spot is that I wouldn’t want to do serious rock crawling with these tires. What makes it light weight for the road, makes it too thin for rock crawling and vulnerable to puncture.

Thanks - I was confused by the description on my Sales order which says 'Mud Terrain' -- once I pick up the car I'll look into what those tires are and if indeed I have road tires --- we're all set and I'll get extra rims/off-road tires for off-roading then
John Dunn
Deano Bronc, extra toasty

Rank IV

Dec 11, 2022

Do you want to keep the "Bronco look" at all or are you just going to maximum ride comfort and MPG?

I was thinking the tires that came with it were supposed to be off-road tires - looks like from the other comments here that the OEM tires are actually good road tires - which was surprising.. My learning continues... Ideally I'd like to try and keep the 'Bronco look" - but see if there's a balance that has less noise than an off-road tire and perhaps better gas mileage..
John Dunn

Rank IV

Dec 11, 2022

Can't go wrong with Tire Rack. Sometimes you can find some outstanding deals.
The Bridgestone Dueler HT is a great tire with very good wet traction and rides smooth.

Thank you!
John Dunn
Ditchrunner

Rank V

Dec 11, 2022

Tirerack does that. Go to their website and pick out tires and wheels, I really think you will be just fine using the tires and wheels that come on it.
JD_Offroad, extra toasty

Burrito Connoisseur

Dec 11, 2022

I was thinking the tires that came with it were supposed to be off-road tires - looks like from the other comments here that the OEM tires are actually good road tires - which was surprising.. My learning continues... Ideally I'd like to try and keep the 'Bronco look" - but see if there's a balance that has less noise than an off-road tire and perhaps better gas mileage..

So here are the common tires for passenger vehicles, ranked from most road-worthy to most off-road worthy.

• Sport
  • Summer
  • All-Season
  • Highway Terrain
  • All-Weather
  • Trail Terrain
  • All Terrain
  • Rugged Terrain
  • Mud Terrain

Different manufacturers can have different names for these things. Rugged Terrain, for example, is often call Hybrid Terrain. Trail Terrain is sometimes referred to as Crossover Terrain by some manufacturers. But that gives you the general idea.

The vast majority of vehicles sold either have All-Season, Highway Terrain (common on pickups), or All-Weather tires. The Bronco is different in that Bronco comes with varying degrees of All-Terrains tires (with the exception of Base). Big Bend and Outer Banks has a more mild road-oriented All-Terrain tire. Black Diamond, Badlands, and all of the Sasquatch-equipped Broncos have more aggressive off-road-oriented All-Terrain tire. The Sasquatch tires in particular are confusing because Ford labels them as "M/T" which usually means "Mud Terrain". But in the case of the Goodyear Territory tires... "M/T" is actually just marketing lingo that stands for "Maximum Traction", and the tire itself is effectively an All Terrain tire--an aggressive All Terrain tire, yes, but still an All Terrain.

If you bump down to a All-Weather or Highway Terrain tire, you'll have substantially better ride comfort, road noise, and probably even increase your MPG... but you'll lose that aggressive Bronco look. The in-between pick would be a Trail Terrain. I typically call these "Subaru tires" because it seems like every Subaru on the planet has these tires... but again... it's not going to have that same aggressive off-road Bronco look to them. I think the most aggressive looking Trail Terrain tire is the Nitto Nomad Grappler that @Garemlin posted a few weeks ago... not going to have the super aggressive Bronco look but maybe it'll be close enough.
Lakesinai, JD_Offroad

Rank IV

Dec 11, 2022

So here are the common tires for passenger vehicles, ranked from most road-worthy to most off-road worthy.

• Sport
  • Summer
  • All-Season
  • Highway Terrain
  • All-Weather
  • Trail Terrain
  • All Terrain
  • Rugged Terrain
  • Mud Terrain

Different manufacturers can have different names for these things. Rugged Terrain, for example, is often call Hybrid Terrain. Trail Terrain is sometimes referred to as Crossover Terrain by some manufacturers. But that gives you the general idea.

The vast majority of vehicles sold either have All-Season, Highway Terrain (common on pickups), or All-Weather tires. The Bronco is different in that Bronco comes with varying degrees of All-Terrains tires (with the exception of Base). Big Bend and Outer Banks has a more mild road-oriented All-Terrain tire. Black Diamond, Badlands, and all of the Sasquatch-equipped Broncos have more aggressive off-road-oriented All-Terrain tire. The Sasquatch tires in particular are confusing because Ford labels them as "M/T" which usually means "Mud Terrain". But in the case of the Goodyear Territory tires... "M/T" is actually just marketing lingo that stands for "Maximum Traction", and the tire itself is effectively an All Terrain tire--an aggressive All Terrain tire, yes, but still an All Terrain.

If you bump down to a All-Weather or Highway Terrain tire, you'll have substantially better ride comfort, road noise, and probably even increase your MPG... but you'll lose that aggressive Bronco look. The in-between pick would be a Trail Terrain. I typically call these "Subaru tires" because it seems like every Subaru on the planet has these tires... but again... it's not going to have that same aggressive off-road Bronco look to them. I think the most aggressive looking Trail Terrain tire is the Nitto Nomad Grappler that @Garemlin posted a few weeks ago... not going to have the super aggressive Bronco look but maybe it'll be close enough.

Maybe I missed something but searched for these tires and didn’t find any in the Sasquatch size. But even if they do I’ll bet they are quite a bit heavier. That’s the real plus for the standard Territories. Not many C rated tires in this size that come close to their weight.

Again it’s pretty simple. If you have a Sasquatch, the Goodyears that Ford chose are the best for road use with a combination of lightweight, looks, and traction. It would be silly to spend money replacing them for the road. Off road is another story.

The other thing that most people don’t understand is a LARGER diameter tire rolls easier than a smaller one and a WIDER one rolls easier than a narrow one. The caveat is with these MT’s is the lightweight design reduces rotational, static , and unsprung weight. Ford knew this and I’m glad they did.
JD_Offroad

Burrito Connoisseur

Dec 11, 2022

Maybe I missed something but searched for these tires and didn’t find any in the Sasquatch size. But even if they do I’ll bet they are quite a bit heavier. That’s the real plus for the standard Territories. Not many C rated tires in this size that come close to their weight.

Again it’s pretty simple. If you have a Sasquatch, the Goodyears that Ford chose are the best for road use with a combination of lightweight, looks, and traction. It would be silly to spend money replacing them for the road. Off road is another story.

The other thing that most people don’t understand is a LARGER diameter tire rolls easier than a smaller one and a WIDER one rolls easier than a narrow one. The caveat is with these MT’s is the lightweight design reduces rotational, static , and unsprung weight. Ford knew this and I’m glad they did.

Yeah if you want a Trail Terrain or All Weather tire you're looking at 33s or smaller. You might find a an odd tire here or there that is larger than that, but it'll be rare.

And yes, you are largely correct. The big benefit of the factory Goodyear tires is their low weight. Goodyear specifically designed these tires to look cool and "off-roady" while allowing manufacturers to hit their EPA fuel economy targets. They factory tires are great for what they are, but most people in the more serious off-road community would instantly swap them out for something else.

Personally, I don't really like the Goodyear Territory tires. They tried to make it an "everything" tire, and as a result it isn't really good at anything. BUT, to be fair to Goodyear, they were designed specifically to be factory tires, and I completely understand why Ford picked them for the Bronco.
JD_Offroad, extra toasty

Rank IV

Dec 13, 2022

• Sport
  • Summer
  • All-Season
  • Highway Terrain
  • All-Weather
  • Trail Terrain
  • All Terrain
  • Rugged Terrain
  • Mud Terrain

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation on the tires. I am very new to off-roading - I bought the Bronco - Badlands with Sasquatch package and took the off-Rodeo course, which was ton of fun.. More importantly- it taught me how much I don't know about off-roading.. Looking forward to joining the community and learning as I go. I really appreciate the time you took to write back to me and help explain the differences!
John Dunn

Rank IV

Dec 13, 2022

Thanks for the advice and for the info on the tires! As I explained on a different response - I'm new at this. Got the Badlands 4-door hardtop with the V6 and the Sasquatch package -- I'm an outdoors guy 100% - but camping/hiking/mt biking/skiing is my zone.. I rode dirtbikes as kid and I typically do my own auto repair, so not a total non-car guy.. - but off-roading is new... Looking forward to getting some dirt on the Bronco!! :) I appreciate your willingness to write back and help me with this!
John Dunn
extra toasty

Rank V

Dec 13, 2022

BTL112922 (1).jpg
We love out BFG KM3 35 12.50 17s on the factory wheels Ive added a 1.5" spacer and non sas fenders
Host - All Terrain Nation
https://www.youtube.com/c/AllTerrainNation Instagram: all_terrain_nation_media