Technical Question About Noise Near Front LED Lighting.

Bronco70_71
May 01, 2021

Rank III

May 01, 2021

I have a Bronco Sport Badlands. After driving and turning off the ignition and closing the doors, there is very slight humming noise coming from the area of each headlight. It is a very faint noise. The noise continues after the signature front LED lights have timed out and are no longer are on. It sounds similar to a small computer cooling fan. This may have been answered somewhere else. It may continue for 5 minutes or longer before the faint noise stops. I would like to know what this is. I assume this is normal for this vehicle.
Bronclahoma, TK1215
Last edited by a moderator: May 01, 2021

Life is a Highway

May 01, 2021

I have a Bronco Sport Badlands. After driving and turning off the ignition and closing the doors, there is very slight humming noise coming from the area of each headlight. It is a very faint noise. The noise continues after the signature front LED lights have timed out and are no longer are on. It sounds similar to a small computer cooling fan. This may have been answered somewhere else. It may continue for 5 minutes or longer before the faint noise stops. I would like to know what this is. I assume this is normal for this vehicle.
There have been other posts yes. I was just thinking about my daughters 19 Tacoma. She changed out her lights to the LED aftermarket ones. These had some kind of inline capacitor (can’t remember the exact terminology) to prevent the flashing/flickering of the LED bulbs. They also had built in fans attached to the bulbs due to the fact they run hot. She told me they do continue to run because of this. When I told her of the thread and the questions about it and the running after it turns off she just said, “who cares” and “why does it even bother anyone.”
I had no reply for her. Maybe that is how it is with these bulbs?
Bronco70_71

Rank III

May 02, 2021

Yes, there is another thread. Place your hand on the black shroud around the led lights and you can feel a fan running. Suspect this is the noise you are hearing.