Advocate II

Dec 1, 2021
Shelter Island, NY
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Tolman
Member #

The dealer drilled a nice divet into my tailgate installing it, too. Something from the manufacturer that the dealer can’t install without major damage is a major fail.
Nice to have, but, not worth the damage.

JoergH

Rank VI

Champion II

Apr 21, 2021
Saugus, Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Joerg
Last Name
Hallbauer
Member #

JimboSlice

Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 2, 2022
South Lake Tahoe, CA, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Gibson
I put a strip of white acrylic behind the Bronco opening to hide the unpainted portion. It looks way better. View attachment 37758
I installed mine today and I am not happy with it. I do like the white acrylic idea. I am not sure what that is or where to get it, can you let me know?
Also, where the cable is attached at the top are those rivets part of the frame? Mine just has a hole on each side. I have no way to attach the upper cable.

thgdfathr

Rank VI

Champion III

Feb 26, 2022
Northern, VA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Sekely
Member #

I installed mine today and I am not happy with it. I do like the white acrylic idea. I am not sure what that is or where to get it, can you let me know?
Also, where the cable is attached at the top are those rivets part of the frame? Mine just has a hole on each side. I have no way to attach the upper cable.
They should be little pins that stick out

JimboSlice

Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 2, 2022
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Gibson
I figured. Were those rivets part of the frame or did you install them? I don't have any parts left. It seems like they should be part of the frame like the lower ones.

thgdfathr

Rank VI

Champion III

Feb 26, 2022
Northern, VA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Sekely
Member #

They are riveted on, so shouldn’t have been separate. You can probably find a small bolt that goes through that hole. Use a couple small washers or rubber tubing and fab one up for cheap tho. That’s really annoying that they missed that. QC ain’t what it used to be. I’d also reach out to @Ford Motor Company and see if they can help.

JimboSlice

Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 2, 2022
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Gibson
They are riveted on, so shouldn’t have been separate. You can probably find a small bolt that goes through that hole. Use a couple small washers or rubber tubing and fab one up for cheap tho. That’s really annoying that they missed that. QC ain’t what it used to be. I’d also reach out to @Ford Motor Company and see if they can help.
Thanks for your help, I will be sending it back for a new one.

Reactions: thgdfathr

Champion I

Jan 15, 2022
Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Bradley
Member #

It’s more commonly known as plexiglass. You can buy sheets of it off Amazon. Comes in any color you want. Kinda brittle when you are cutting it, so you need to score it a bunch with a knife and snap it. Just use industrial double sided tape to tape it to the back.

JimboSlice

Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 2, 2022
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Gibson
It’s more commonly known as plexiglass. You can buy sheets of it off Amazon. Comes in any color you want. Kinda brittle when you are cutting it, so you need to score it a bunch with a knife and snap it. Just use industrial double sided tape to tape it to the back.
Thanks. The Cactus Grey just looks dull. The white looks great on your rig.

Reactions: TechnicalDisaster

Fillups

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jan 29, 2022
Cincinnati, OH, USA
First Name
Geoff
Last Name
Phillips
I was going to order the Ford OEM table but when I found out it required drilling into the tailgate, I got skiddish. Mabbett just released one a few weeks ago. I have a couple other of their products and have been happy with those. This one doesn't require any drilling. I'm getting it next week. Will report back and give an update.
View attachment 41346
Interesting, I didn’t know Mabett had one of these on the market, I keep hearing good things about their products. Please post back if/when you try it out. I like their design with solid table surface but still has the slots for accessories when folded up.
I wish this design had the slide out table feature though, wonder if it could be added between the layers?

JimboSlice

Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 2, 2022
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Gibson
Interesting, I didn’t know Mabett had one of these on the market, I keep hearing good things about their products. Please post back if/when you try it out. I like their design with solid table surface but still has the slots for accessories when folded up.
I wish this design had the slide out table feature though, wonder if it could be added between the layers?
I like this one a lot better than Ford's. I wish I would have seen it before I drilled holes in my tailgate. I think this table would cover the holes up. Plus, this holds a ton of weight. I am sending my defective table back to Ford for a refund.

Reactions: Fillups

thgdfathr

Rank VI

Champion III

Feb 26, 2022
Northern, VA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Sekely
Member #

D
I like this one a lot better than Ford's. I wish I would have seen it before I drilled holes in my tailgate. I think this table would cover the holes up. Plus, this holds a ton of weight. I am sending my defective table back to Ford for a refund.
Can you show some photos after install? Interested to see how it looks with the prior holes and all that.

JimboSlice

Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 2, 2022
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Gibson
I

D

Can you show some photos after install? Interested to see how it looks with the prior holes and all that.
After looking at this set up versus the Ford version, I am sure the top two holes I drilled to accommodate the Ford table will show. I am going to have to stick with it I guess.