Rank II

Super Supporter II

Mar 28, 2022
Rensselaer, IN, USA
First Name
Del
Last Name
Pollard
I think as the bit breaks through the inner shell, and you are putting any kind of pressure, it taps into the outer shell. Someone posted the other day that their dealership did this on the install. Off to the paint shop!
To prevent drilling too far install sleeve or thick piece of hose over drill bit only leave enough of the drill bit exposed to penatrate the panel your drilling problem solved

Reactions: TK1215

KPLOBX

Rank II

Advocate III

Jan 19, 2022
Savannah, GA, USA
First Name
Kristopher
Last Name
Lynch
That is why I have been waiting to install it. I have had the table since the end of November but I am trying to find someone that I know won't dimple the door
Just use a drill stop. And if you have someone else do it then make sure they use a drill stop. If they don’t have one or say they don’t need it they don’t know what they are doing.

Mandogus

Rank IV

Don't delete

Jun 14, 2021
Massachusetts
First Name
William
Last Name
Drzyzga
mine arrived today, was hoping not to have to drill but oh well. I'm going to wait for Sunday to install if it doesn't rain...

JoergH

Rank VI

Champion II

Apr 21, 2021
Saugus, Santa Clarita, CA, USA
First Name
Joerg
Last Name
Hallbauer
Member #

thgdfathr

Rank VI

Champion III

Feb 26, 2022
Northern, VA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Sekely
Member #

I went with a third party table from Outdoor Adventure Products for, among other reasons, that they didn't require any drilling. It looks great, works like a champ, and holds more weight than the Ford table!
View attachment 37464
View attachment 37465
View attachment 37466

For more info check them out at: https://outbackadventureproducts.com/product/bronco-trailgater-for-2021-22-ford-bronco/
I’m doing a write up of the ford tailgate table tomorrow most likely. I’m the process of removing the absolute garbage rivet nuts they used for it. Should’ve installed it myself with decent hardware. Love it otherwise, but look at this weak sh**…
14E7DD43-1351-41FE-8B73-6C9B5951039F.jpeg

thgdfathr

Rank VI

Champion III

Feb 26, 2022
Northern, VA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Sekely
Member #

View attachment 30070
I had a Porsche tech (friend) come over and install this thing and his comment was, “who ever designed this is a professional a**hole.” ;)

We had to order a second package of hardware to affix it to the door because the first fasteners failed. A bit of a nightmare but good to go now.
Buy aftermarket rivet nuts. The ones they give you are absolute trash. I’m going to go into more detail tomorrow, it save yourself time and headache, don’t use that aluminum trash.

Reactions: Filly21

Mandogus

Rank IV

Don't delete

Jun 14, 2021
Massachusetts
First Name
William
Last Name
Drzyzga
Good to know. The instructions they also gave are trash the pictures and wording is very blocky and hard to read/see.

thgdfathr

Rank VI

Champion III

Feb 26, 2022
Northern, VA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Sekely
Member #

Good to know. The instructions they also gave are trash the pictures and wording is very blocky and hard to read/see.
I’m going to be hopefully finishing mine up today or tomorrow and will do a write up with photos. Hopefully that will help if you need a bit more instructions that actually make sense.

thgdfathr

Rank VI

Champion III

Feb 26, 2022
Northern, VA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Sekely
Member #

As promised:

Reactions: 14U and Deano Bronc

Nminus1

Rank II

Supporter I

Feb 5, 2022
So Calif.
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Stockdale
View attachment 30070
I had a Porsche tech (friend) come over and install this thing and his comment was, “who ever designed this is a professional a**hole.” ;)

We had to order a second package of hardware to affix it to the door because the first fasteners failed. A bit of a nightmare but good to go now.
Yep the fastgerners are junky. You have to tighen the crap out of them with that little disposable wrench or they start to spin and YOU ARE DONE!

BostonBadlands

Rank II

Advocate III

May 7, 2022
Boston, MA, USA
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Childs
I ordered a "TomGoo" rear gate-mounted table from Amazon, $93. Stupid me! It's a piece of &^%#$@!(&%#${+&#!! Afraid I got what I paid for...

This image from the Amazon listing. Don't, DON'T waste your money on it. Sign me: embarassed.

1658457921568.png

thgdfathr

Rank VI

Champion III

Feb 26, 2022
Northern, VA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Sekely
Member #

I ordered a "TomGoo" rear gate-mounted table from Amazon, $93. Stupid me! It's a piece of &^%#$@!(&%#${+&#!! Afraid I got what I paid for...

This image from the Amazon listing. Don't, DON'T waste your money on it. Sign me: embarassed.

View attachment 40376
I absolutely hate Amazon these days. Nothing but cheap, Chinese, knock off products. Even all of the product descriptions are in broken English. Jeff Bezos can suck it.

Reactions: BostonBadlands

BostonBadlands

Rank II

Advocate III

May 7, 2022
Boston, MA, USA
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Childs
Nice. Thanks for sharing. Their version of the table is sweet.
Thanks for confirming a decision I made after confessing to my bad judgment in ordering a cheapie off Amazon. I looked through a number of other sources, and ordered Rockslide's table. There's only one, right? Aluminum with a smaller upper shelf? Looks good. It will call for some very careful drilling, of course!

thgdfathr

Rank VI

Champion III

Feb 26, 2022
Northern, VA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Sekely
Member #

Thanks for confirming a decision I made after confessing to my bad judgment in ordering a cheapie off Amazon. I looked through a number of other sources, and ordered Rockslide's table. There's only one, right? Aluminum with a smaller upper shelf? Looks good. It will call for some very careful drilling, of course!
That’s a good one to go with. The ford one is nice, but weight limit is a joke and the nutserts are absolute trash. Otherwise it’s a solid table, but if I were to do it again, I’d go with the Rockslide one.

Reactions: BostonBadlands

coryfg

Rank III

Advocate I

Oct 11, 2021
Houston, TX
First Name
Corrado
Last Name
Giovanella
Member #

I was going to order the Ford OEM table but when I found out it required drilling into the tailgate, I got skiddish. Mabbett just released one a few weeks ago. I have a couple other of their products and have been happy with those. This one doesn't require any drilling. I'm getting it next week. Will report back and give an update.
1659655331971.png

Reactions: Ditchrunner