Advocate II

Apr 27, 2021
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Gordon
Member #

2022 Badlands - The Swing Gate Ajar light stays on. If I push OK on the steering wheel it goes off, but there is still a little red icon showing up on the dash. Suggestion on why that is happening? How to fix or bypass?

NT AUTOMOTIVE

Rank V

Don't delete

Jan 7, 2022
California, USA
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
DeRossett
2022 Badlands - The Swing Gate Ajar light stays on. If I push OK on the steering wheel it goes off, but there is still a little red icon showing up on the dash. Suggestion on why that is happening? How to fix or bypass?
Maybe push the sensor in the jamb of the tailgate or on the tailgate itself (not sure where the sensor is located) when its opened and if it doesn't light up anymore on dash then its bad contact between the tailgate and sensor. If it stays lit up on dash when you push the sensor, then you might have a bad tailgate door sensor.

Reactions: 907Ford

KennyMac

Rank V

Promoter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
Open the back gate, look all around (hinge and latch sides) for any obstructions, close the gate. If it still comes on, I'd get the dealer to check it out. Too new to be fixing yourself.

Reactions: Jakob1972

CPRedII

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jun 24, 2022
California, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Redmond
Same problem here with 'swing gate ajar' light. Wouldn't extinguish, took it to the dealer and they said it was a bad power source to one of the pins, they ordered a new part and I'm due to have it installed in 4 days. I'll post an update as to how it all shakes out.

Additionally it appears I lost my parking assist lines coincident with the 'swing gate ajar' light, and I'm hoping that this resolves it...

Reactions: Laura

CPRedII

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jun 24, 2022
California, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Redmond
Issue resolved. They removed tailgate latch cover and checked power at pin 3 (swing gate ajar circuit) to find 12v. Replaced tailgate latch per workbook procedure, problem resolved.

Additionally, with the ‘swing gate ajar’ light, I had lost my reverse lane assist lines, the fix also resolved the latter problem.
Issue covered under warranty.