Champion I

May 27, 2021
Mid South
First Name
Tits
Last Name
LaRue
Member #

My 21 Black Diamond has been giving me warnings for a couple months now. It has come and gone probably 8 times or so. Fordpass conveniently let's me know about the problem as well. I was hoping it was a one off glitch, but it doesn't seem to be panning out for me.
I was an August build and I know there were some incorrectly installed airbags during that time period.
I really don't want the dash pulled apart by technicians where my truck will be the first patient. Does Ford bring in somebody in on something like this? I was the first oil change at my dealership last month so I know they haven't worked on a full size Bronco yet.
I also wonder how long this will take to fix.
Thoughts, opinions?
P.S. This is the warning light you will see:
20220130_165211.jpg

Bschurr

Rank V

Don't delete

Jan 28, 2021
NY, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Schurr
My 21 Black Diamond has been giving me warnings for a couple months now. It has come and gone probably 8 times or so. Fordpass conveniently let's me know about the problem as well. I was hoping it was a one off glitch, but it doesn't seem to be panning out for me.
I was an August build and I know there were some incorrectly installed airbags during that time period.
I really don't want the dash pulled apart by technicians where my truck will be the first patient. Does Ford bring in somebody in on something like this? I was the first oil change at my dealership last month so I know they haven't worked on a full size Bronco yet.
Thoughts, opinions?
View attachment 27485
Bummer @TitsLaRue
Do you have a scan tool to pull the actual code? It would help diagnose the potential fix to know the exact code that threw the SRS warning. (And BTW - pulling the dash apart isn’t a big deal)

Reactions: TitsLaRue

TitsLaRue

Rank VI

Champion I

May 27, 2021
Mid South
First Name
Tits
Last Name
LaRue
Member #

Bummer @TitsLaRue
Do you have a scan tool to pull the actual code? It would help diagnose the potential fix to know the exact code that threw the SRS warning. (And BTW - pulling the dash apart isn’t a big deal)

No scan tool. Thanks for the insight and video on the dash. Just a little bummed. Hopefully they will get it squared away.

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 31, 2020
Allegan, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Heckman
Member #

Thoughts, opinions?
View attachment 27485
Maybe @Ford Motor Company can help.

Reactions: Bschurr

TitsLaRue

Rank VI

Champion I

May 27, 2021
Mid South
First Name
Tits
Last Name
LaRue
Member #

Update- My hog has been at the dealership for almost two weeks. Haven't heard from them since, so I don't know how long this timeout will be. I do know they had to order some parts . Great dealership, great people though.

I am just curious what everybody here on the Nation thinks will be the timeline on this thing.

Ready next week? End of the month? Or will I not see my Bronco until Summer?

20220207_072610.jpg

EvlNvrDys

Rank VI

Champion I

Sep 1, 2021
Milford, NJ 08848
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Bradley
Member #

It depends on the parts. It took 4+ weeks (I think) for my dealership to get the parts for my issue. I had the water leak into my door, Ford had a TSB on it already, and I imagine it was just new seals that my dealer was waiting on.

With that said, your issue seems to be computer/electronic related, so honestly don't have any idea on how long the wait will be. That definitely sucks.

Reactions: TitsLaRue