Supplemental Restraint Fault Warning - Damn

TitsLaRue
Jan 31, 2022

Rank VI

Jan 31, 2022

My 21 Black Diamond has been giving me warnings for a couple months now. It has come and gone probably 8 times or so. Fordpass conveniently let's me know about the problem as well. I was hoping it was a one off glitch, but it doesn't seem to be panning out for me.
I was an August build and I know there were some incorrectly installed airbags during that time period.
I really don't want the dash pulled apart by technicians where my truck will be the first patient. Does Ford bring in somebody in on something like this? I was the first oil change at my dealership last month so I know they haven't worked on a full size Bronco yet.
I also wonder how long this will take to fix.
Thoughts, opinions?
P.S. This is the warning light you will see:
20220130_165211.jpg
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2022

No Ragerts

Jan 31, 2022

My 21 Black Diamond has been giving me warnings for a couple months now. It has come and gone probably 8 times or so. Fordpass conveniently let's me know about the problem as well. I was hoping it was a one off glitch, but it doesn't seem to be panning out for me.
I was an August build and I know there were some incorrectly installed airbags during that time period.
I really don't want the dash pulled apart by technicians where my truck will be the first patient. Does Ford bring in somebody in on something like this? I was the first oil change at my dealership last month so I know they haven't worked on a full size Bronco yet.
Thoughts, opinions?
View attachment 27485
Bummer @TitsLaRue
Do you have a scan tool to pull the actual code? It would help diagnose the potential fix to know the exact code that threw the SRS warning. (And BTW - pulling the dash apart isn’t a big deal)

- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
TitsLaRue

Rank VI

Jan 31, 2022

Bummer @TitsLaRue
Do you have a scan tool to pull the actual code? It would help diagnose the potential fix to know the exact code that threw the SRS warning. (And BTW - pulling the dash apart isn’t a big deal)

No scan tool. Thanks for the insight and video on the dash. Just a little bummed. Hopefully they will get it squared away.
Deano Bronc, Bschurr

Road trip!!!

Jan 31, 2022

Thoughts, opinions?
View attachment 27485
Maybe @Ford Motor Company can help.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
Bschurr

Rank VI

Feb 18, 2022

Update- My hog has been at the dealership for almost two weeks. Haven't heard from them since, so I don't know how long this timeout will be. I do know they had to order some parts . Great dealership, great people though.

I am just curious what everybody here on the Nation thinks will be the timeline on this thing.

Ready next week? End of the month? Or will I not see my Bronco until Summer?

20220207_072610.jpg

Rank VI

Feb 18, 2022

It depends on the parts. It took 4+ weeks (I think) for my dealership to get the parts for my issue. I had the water leak into my door, Ford had a TSB on it already, and I imagine it was just new seals that my dealer was waiting on.

With that said, your issue seems to be computer/electronic related, so honestly don't have any idea on how long the wait will be. That definitely sucks.
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
TitsLaRue

Gladesmen

Feb 18, 2022

I hope it is not a chip issue.
That could take awhile.

Good looking ride though.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
TitsLaRue

Rank VI

Mar 01, 2022

Got the truck back today. 3 week turnaround. It felt like 6 months! Here is what we had done:
Screenshot_20220301-092416_Gallery.jpg
Deano Bronc, Jakob1972

Gladesmen

Mar 01, 2022

I hope that fixes the problem for good.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
TitsLaRue

Rank VI

Mar 01, 2022

Out of the penalty box!
20220301_081450.jpg
SlashRacer, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Mar 01, 2022

So, A defective Seat Belt Buckle!?

Rank VI

Mar 01, 2022

So, A defective Seat Belt Buckle!?
Effectively, yes.
Had to remove the seat. I am just glad it wasn't an airbag issue.