Super Cel W - Attendee Impression of the 2021 Bronco

allan
Sep 11, 2020

Rank V

Sep 11, 2020

Bronco Nation spoke with some of the fans who came to Super Cel W to get their impressions of the Ford Bronco. If you were here, what are your thoughts? If you were not able to make it, what other thoughts would you add based on your impressions so far?

https://community.thebronconation.com/2021-ford-bronco-super-cel-west-attendee-impressions/
Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2020

Rank VI

Sep 13, 2020

I thought the Bronco was super impressive in person. The design, look, stance. Ford really nailed it.
Big Mike, Pyckse

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Sep 13, 2020

They got a lot of things right.The attention to details such as Bronco bolts is impressive.
But there are a few things that miss.
They need an NA engine.
No manual with the 6 cyl.
The instrument cluster.
Rear seats do not fold flush with floor.
No dual batteries.
tlowell01, LoneRanger

Bronco guy doing Bronco-ey things with his Bronco

Sep 13, 2020

I spent a good amount of time looking at it over the last 4 days. Here is my thoughts:
  1. The black exterior color hides some of the lines. I really like black, but it doesn't highlight the cool lines on the Bronco.
  2. The black leather looks great. Wish it was on the FE; nobody there believes there will be another option for FE
  3. I like that it is smaller than I anticipated. I am taking this off the beaten path and the smaller the better.
  4. There is a ton of headroom for the front occupants; Tim was 6' 2" and he had at least 4-5 inches of room above his head.
  5. No storage under the rear seats. The two door looks like it will be hard to fit all the gear you would need for a long weekend if you have passengers in the back, but I once took 4 people in a 78 Civic Wagon on a 3 day camping trip with bikes and all. The Bronco rack looks like it will handle a decent amount of gear.
  6. The 285/70R17s on the Badlands look too narrow. It will keep the body clean, but I know now that I want the Badland flares on the Sasquatch package to make the tires sit right (or some real 12" wide tires).
  7. The hitch shouldn't cost $600. It is a small bolt-on assembly (from what I could see) and a 4/7 gang connector.
  8. The winch on the front needs more work; the Ford guy I spoke with said they spend a good amount of time working on approach angle with the winch mount, but it simply sticks out too far for decent rock climbing. It will work great if you don't pull up to 3'-4' rock faces.
  9. The stereo speakers are located in the front and the rear (no 4 door to see if there were centrally mounted speakers between front and rear row seats). The speaker pods in the back look like they will project to the front well!
  10. The switch pods look great. The dash is very clean and not cluttered. There is adequate space between the driver and the dash, it doesn't seem cramped.
  11. I never saw the engine compartment opened, so I don't have any insight there. Looking forward to the 2.7L though.
  12. The antenna sits in front of the light pods that were installed in front of the windshield. That didn't look quite right.
  13. Not sure if the mirrors actually folded, but they large enough to provide good rear visibility.
  14. The turnbuckles and limb wires looked weird. I get it, and have needed it before, but I won't be rolling with these things installed.
  15. I wish the taillights were recessed more like the original bronco. I feel they will get damaged easier when backing up against trees (such as when turning around on a tight trail)
First Edition 4dr
1967 Bronco
1993 Mustang Notchback
JFord, BuzzyBud
SandboxGeneral

Sep 13, 2020

I spent a good amount of time looking at it over the last 4 days. Here is my thoughts:
  1. The black exterior color hides some of the lines. I really like black, but it doesn't highlight the cool lines on the Bronco.
  2. The black leather looks great. Wish it was on the FE; nobody there believes there will be another option for FE
  3. I like that it is smaller than I anticipated. I am taking this off the beaten path and the smaller the better.
  4. There is a ton of headroom for the front occupants; Tim was 6' 2" and he had at least 4-5 inches of room above his head.
  5. No storage under the rear seats. The two door looks like it will be hard to fit all the gear you would need for a long weekend if you have passengers in the back, but I once took 4 people in a 78 Civic Wagon on a 3 day camping trip with bikes and all. The Bronco rack looks like it will handle a decent amount of gear.
  6. The 285/70R17s on the Badlands look too narrow. It will keep the body clean, but I know now that I want the Badland flares on the Sasquatch package to make the tires sit right (or some real 12" wide tires).
  7. The hitch shouldn't cost $600. It is a small bolt-on assembly (from what I could see) and a 4/7 gang connector.
  8. The winch on the front needs more work; the Ford guy I spoke with said they spend a good amount of time working on approach angle with the winch mount, but it simply sticks out too far for decent rock climbing. It will work great if you don't pull up to 3'-4' rock faces.
  9. The stereo speakers are located in the front and the rear (no 4 door to see if there were centrally mounted speakers between front and rear row seats). The speaker pods in the back look like they will project to the front well!
  10. The switch pods look great. The dash is very clean and not cluttered. There is adequate space between the driver and the dash, it doesn't seem cramped.
  11. I never saw the engine compartment opened, so I don't have any insight there. Looking forward to the 2.7L though.
  12. The antenna sits in front of the light pods that were installed in front of the windshield. That didn't look quite right.
  13. Not sure if the mirrors actually folded, but they large enough to provide good rear visibility.
  14. The turnbuckles and limb wires looked weird. I get it, and have needed it before, but I won't be rolling with these things installed.
  15. I wish the taillights were recessed more like the original bronco. I feel they will get damaged easier when backing up against trees (such as when turning around on a tight trail)
Nice write up.

Regarding #5, is it even possible for them to create under seat storage given that the cushion flips out and the seat folds down? I just wonder if it's even physically possible to make storage space there. I think Ford had to compromise on this; either make storage space and limit the seats ability to fold down and provide ample headroom for the passenger, or don't do storage at all.
Superkustom, JFord

Rank V

Sep 13, 2020

I can not believe the 2 door modular top will not have removable windows :(
C'mon Ford! What are you thinking!?

Moab or bust!!!

Sep 13, 2020

Yeah, I've heard so many conflicting reports if they come out or not on the 2 door. It would be a nice feature for sure.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
BroncoMax

Rank V

Sep 13, 2020

#14...... so those terrible looking hoops are removable????? Please tell me yes lol.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Sep 15, 2020

They definitely will be removable on the 2dr modular hard top. The one they had at the Bronco Super Celebration did not have removable windows because it's a bit of a Frankenstein vehicle. Ford reps there confirmed that they will be removable on the final production version.
Superkustom, JFord

Rank 0

Sep 15, 2020

Almost no one showed the Bronco Sport any love at the event. However, I really liked it for what Ford designed it to be. They are going after the active young adult crowd with this vehicle. Fairly simple and adaptable. I would consider one for my teen drivers but not necessarily for my senior citizen parent.

As for the Bronco 2 door. It was smaller than I anticipated. A lot of comments about the creature comfort details... Personally, if I can get my hands on a Base model with absolutely zero options, I would build with everyone's discarded parts from Craigslist / Facebook, void the warranty as soon as it sees the front door of my shop, V8 swap, D60 solid axle swap F&R, and 40's...
PSUTE, TurkeyRun

Rank V

Sep 27, 2020

They definitely will be removable on the 2dr modular hard top. The one they had at the Bronco Super Celebration did not have removable windows because it's a bit of a Frankenstein vehicle. Ford reps there confirmed that they will be removable on the final production version.
But later, at the CelWest event, it was stated they won't be removable. Saying that they "definitely" will be is a little optimistic I think.
nic

Rank VI

Sep 29, 2020

I love the event! It snowed the first few days and was cold until around Thursday but after that it was sunny and cleared up. Lots of great trails to drive/ride on and great people. Can't wait until Super Cel East!!!
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Oct 08, 2020

Just remove the entire top shell. It is kinda weird not being able to remove the rear windows when you have the panels removed. But if you are going with a roof rack anyways, it won't matter because you can't remove the rear panels with the roof rack on. Would be nice to be able to pivot the windows out to get some better air flow in the back tho
BuzzyBud, Deano Bronc
ANGRY_MECHANIC

Oct 08, 2020

They got a lot of things right.The attention to details such as Bronco bolts is impressive.
But there are a few things that miss.
They need an NA engine.
No manual with the 6 cyl.
The instrument cluster.
Rear seats do not fold flush with floor.
No dual batteries.
The seats don't fold flush? Both two and four door models? I guess I didn't realize that. I'll have to find a photo or something to see. How do the look when down?
Rgwinn

Rank V

Oct 08, 2020

The seats don't fold flush? Both two and four door models? I guess I didn't realize that. I'll have to find a photo or something to see. How do the look when down?
4" step to the cargo area

Rank VI

Oct 08, 2020

Unless you get the slide out shelf in the 4-door6E47E492-F5FC-4BF5-9274-1C54CA4B56B1.jpeg
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Oct 10, 2020

2 door modular top DOES have removable glass...
Yes!!!
TorgSurv, GaryB2220